4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame

LAn: Fixed models — flowerbed near City Hall and buildings near Pershing Square

LAn section is finished, but I have found what I can improve, and have edited some objects on the this part of the location. These were those objects, in which were incorrect mapping or other defects. On the sceenshots below you can see, how these models were improved for HRT 1.4.

This is the street near Los Santos City Hall. One of the borders of flowerbed has a distorted texture. Fixed in HRT 1.4.

0_20bef8_74b361a4_M.jpg 0_20bef9_a88dc86c_M.jpg

This building is located opposite to Pershing Square. I think the screenshots speak for themselves.

0_20befb_44779fe5_M.jpg 0_20befc_293a1c2f_M.jpg

0_20befe_3a763118_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:
LAn: Fixed models flowerbed near City Hall and buildings near Pershing Square

Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn: Fixed models near the Police Station

Were fixed few minor objects near the Los Santos Police Headquarters. This is the building for security and part of the barrier on the parking.

0_20ce8e_afee4bcb_M.jpg 0_20ce8f_9026051a_M.jpg 0_20ce90_c288ea73_M.jpg

0_20ce91_7f2a2bf6_M.jpg

LAn: Fixed models near the Police Station

Edited by Flame

Shakez

Maybe for some people,these minor things are not important but if you put these fixed minor things together it will make a perfect game.
So thx u in the name of all for this.San andreas will be briliant again because of HRT

Flame

Shakez, thanks that you like my work.

All these minor details are very important, because now for the all games there are higher requirements to quality of graphics than in 2000s, and I aware of the fact that with high resolution textures for most of people will be interesting not just to walk past building like before, but to descry it, look carefully.

And when we look carefully to GTA SA's models, we can notice, how many bad mapping issues they have.

In the mod I want to fix as many things as possible, even if I skip something (also sometimes I cannot fix mapping of the model, because of the model have light sources, I can not export model with them), this is very big work. Sometimes in folder with current section I see more models, then .txd files.

With HRT 1.4 people will, when walking near the buildings, carefully look at their details and they will look very good. All will be in hundreds times more accurate than in original game.

P.S. The first post was edited, winter logo of the thread for fun. :)

Edited by Flame

Flame

If I look at this picture, I see a completely new game. The texture quality is amazing! I would say that the building looks more beautiful than CJ, lol!

Wall sometimes can be more beautiful than CJ, I understand you. :lol: Thanks!

undertaker fan

Nice work!

MrMateczko

It'll take more time to fix textures mapping than to create all the textures!

But there's no other way to make a great texture than to fix whan R* goofed up!

The last screenshots are amazing!

Realistically speaking, it would be nice to have this mod finished till the end of 2017.

People will still play SA in 2017, right?

Flame

I hope, yes. Some games will always have fans. But, of course, in 2017 the circle of players will be less.

Edited by Flame

savidge

I keep coming back to this topic to check the progress @Flame has made and I'm amazed every time. I honestly can't wait for this to be completed. keep up the awesome work!

savidge

0_20d4d9_638b2d23_M.jpg

very nice. this is the one major thing that bugged me in SA (non-UVW mapped kerb textures).

Edgrd

damn , look at that , after this mod gets released everyone can finally walk around SA in peace , without the fear of seeing badly UV mapped models :D

Flame

very nice. this is the one major thing that bugged me in SA (non-UVW mapped kerb textures).

In the game there are some kerbs or without textures, or with incorrect mapping.

Unfortunately, I cannot fix them all. My fav. 3ds Max DFF plugin has an one bad feature - after export, model can be little darker then original one. This is completely unnoticeable if this is any object, if this not a road part or part of land. In this case player can notice a little difference in colors.

To avoid this feature, I can use "dynamic lighting" feature (and I used it in few cases).

It is an interesting feature, that, it seems, was not used in the game. Model will be dynamically illuminated from light sources, but like with reflection map - it does not work very well and it would be better if object with enabled dynamic light is not big (large), because there can be blinking of light.

Sorry for a lot of words, just want to say about little but important details.

So, in the mod will be fixed as many things as I can and as will be in my forces, with considering of technical reasons.

damn , look at that , after this mod gets released everyone can finally walk around SA in peace , without the fear of seeing badly UV mapped models :D

Yes, we will walk on San Andreas streets calmly. :) Edited by Flame

BlackScout

I hope, yes. Some games will always have fans. But, of course, in 2017 the circle of players will be less.

I keep playing, every year. Game time reduces each year, but I never stop playing this game. Always finding a different way of extracting fun of it. Either corrupting sh*t with C.E or Modding.

Flame

Latest site updates; new article and video:

I don't write news about some changes on the site very often, but today's changes deserve for the single news... Also was added new article and released new video.

Edited by Flame

Edgrd

reflections on building ? damn , that's nice. this is what remastered SA should look like.

darkdrifter

Very nice project, I've been following it for years now, keep it up, and I'm really hyped to see a release ! :D

Quick question btw, why not releasing it by zones or island packs (sorry if you already answered that question before) ?

zmudziak32

When you finish LS 2nd time, should focus on finish SF and start CS and Desert.

Flame

HUD and icons in HRT 1.4

HRT 1.4 must be not only the texture mod (and it's not only the texture mod in any case, at least because there will be also improved models). I want to ensure that you have the impression of full and professional re-edition, remastered version of GTA: San Andreas, and because of this mod must change a lot of other things that are connected with graphics. Including so important things as HUD, radar, icons on the radar, weapons icons etc.

It makes no sense to reinvent things that were already done very good by other people, and because of this in the mod will be integrated well familiar to many people's mods: HQ Weapon Icons by Zera, HQ San Andreas Radar and HQ San Andreas Radar Icons by yojo2.

They definitely must must be in «the box» with HRT. These mods are the best in their kind. I took permission from the authors and want to thank them! Below you can see comparative images with these mods and original game.

0_20e526_4f94c029_L.jpg

0_20e52a_9eb8820c_S.png 0_20e529_e8da4174_S.png 0_20e525_3b909592_S.png

0_20e524_b184cf74_L.png

0_20e527_eac6ab0_M.jpg 0_20e528_f7481cb1_M.jpg

HUD and icons in HRT 1.4

Very nice project, I've been following it for years now, keep it up, and I'm really hyped to see a release ! :D
Quick question btw, why not releasing it by zones or island packs (sorry if you already answered that question before) ?

Thanks! I do not want to release the mod by the parts, because, in my opinion, it only takes time. Few years ago I released some little parts from the early version of HRT 1.4, but it was not interesting, and for users too. Big parts - like cities - also will take time. It would be better to release full, solid modification where all the cities will be reduced to a common denominator in question of quality.

When you finish LS 2nd time, should focus on finish SF and start CS and Desert.

I will do this; SF is also needed the second pass and improvements.

MrMateczko

-Quantum-'s Radar Icons are better than yoyo2's Radar Icons.

I think you can find some alternatives to other HUD mods on the Mod Index topic, they might be better.

I guess SF also will have all models fixed.

This project has grown into something amazing! I wonder how many DFF files we'll have in the end :)

Edited by MrMateczko

Flame

As always thanks for support, MrMateczko.

-Quantum-'s Radar Icons are better than yoyo2's Radar Icons.

I think you can find some alternatives to other HUD mods on the Mod Index topic, they might be better.

Before these mods were included to HRT 1.4, I investigated this theme and tested all such mods; for me yoyo2's icons are more similar to the original ones (except only few aspects, but compare clothes shop icon - in yoyo2's mod it is like original one, in Quantum's it is another). But I don't want to offend other authors. I've preferred these mods, other people can install their favorite HUDs over the HRT 1.4 manually later. Edited by Flame

Flame

LAn: Los Santos Tower Theatre

And this is the last development report in this year. Well, Los Santos Tower Theatre is located on LAn section of Los Santos. Prototype of this building is Los Angeles Tower Theatre.

0_20e6e6_9741497f_L.jpg

0_20e6e8_5552cc3b_L.jpg

0_20e6e9_d3ebeb3d_L.jpg

0_20e6e5_58a2c2ea_L.jpg

If you are tired from this part of location (I mean LAn), I have great news for you! We are finally moving to the next mission. Soon: LAn2 section. New part of Los Santos, new buildings and objects, hundreds of textures.

But December is almost finished, and I want to take a little pause to have a rest from the work on the mod. Next reports will be next year. Happy New Year!

LAn: Los Santos Tower Theatre

Edited by Flame

Amadeo1234

Last screenshot is perfect as for me! Good luck, Flame, in the next year! Happy New Year.

Flame

Amadeo1234, thanks, Happy New Year too. :santa:

Shakez

@Flame Amazing shots.Happy new year with late ^^
Btw.Are you using silentpatch for full hd resolution?

Flame

@Flame Amazing shots.Happy new year with late ^^

Btw.Are you using silentpatch for full hd resolution?

Thanks, you too! No, I don't use use Silentpach, because resolution of my monitor is 1650x1050 with 16:10 (not 16:9) proportions, I have correct aspect scale in the game. Edited by Flame

Silent

resolution of my monitor is 1650x1050 with 16:10 (not 16:9) proportions, I have correct aspect scale in the game.

Then without a widescreen fix you can't get proper proportions, both Widescreen OFF and ON are wrong, since Widescreen OFF is 4:3 proportions and Widescreen ON is 16:9 proportions.

George Costanza

0_20e524_b184cf74_L.png

I see it used PC hud icons as base. Not PS2. PC icons are raped by compression and there are some color loss. You should use PS2 as base. It's easy to see on gym icon or clothes shop icon. Edited by Tomasak