3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame

Yes, much bigger, but I don't want count approximate size of game files now, let's look at this later. :)

TurnCoatModder

Such a promising project. I'm following this from now on. Good work Flame, take your time and just release this great work of yours whenever you want man.

zmudziak32

Both HRT and SRT are best of texture mods ever created. I liked Season mods but HRT 1.3 doesn't retexture all SA.

Flame

Some Halloween news, connected with HRT 1.4 mod:
«HRT or threat!» and:

Halloween in HRT 1.4

Well, Carl «CJ» Johnson left to the Autumn Sunshine mod, and because of it I'll show you latest progress in HRT 1.4 playing by Slasher the serial killer from horror mod Ghosts Want Revenge 2: Superscary Edition.

0_20626b_1604e10c_M.jpg 0_20626c_882c4831_M.jpg

0_20626d_c88a69c0_M.jpg 0_20626e_97db400b_M.jpg

0_20626f_d9a6551f_M.jpg 0_206270_8bd2dffb_M.jpg

Slasher really was a serial killer before his dead, many years ago. But even after dead it continue his dirty work, because now he is a ghost! Slasher dressed in a clown suit and searches friends with his chainsaw «Friendship». A lot of his friend were buried into a ground after some «good time» that they spent with Slasher.

Edited by Flame

Flame

About latest progress, perspectives and release date

Sorry for large delay in mod's news.

Today's I wrote a big post about mod's progress and future perspectives. You can read it on the mod's site.

Not to copy the post here, I just say some main things. Now I work on LAn section (despite on that fact that I said about finished works, I found some things that I can do better, I've fixed a lot of models, soon, maybe even today, I will post new screenshots).

After LAn will be next parts of Los Santos. What will be after Los Santos? Maybe I need to remake San Fierro and hope that work will be faster, because level of textures quality there not so as with Los Santos (I want to remake LS because textures that were made by me in 2011-2011 no longer suits me and you, I think).

And, unfortunately, release of mod is delayed again, but this is not news for you, because all is clear from the latest screenshots.

TWIST_OF_HATE

Flame, you doing a great job, and it is actually doesn't matter how much time it will take, this is superior mod, which is worth the wait. Much time means mush better quality of this project in final state , this is simple.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

Flame

In the development of HRT 1.4 the latest tools are using

I have great news for you — in the development of HRT 1.4 is using the newest tool for textures editing. This is a brand new program, developed by The_GTA and DK22Pac. Soon it will be announced, but I got opportunity to use the early versions, thanks to The_GTA.

Old tools, like TXD Workshop and G-TXD (despite the fact that I respect them, them were the first tools of its kind) have a lot of disadvantages. Both programs can easily break the textures that make the correct work of the game impossible (while I develop mods I found some methods, how to avoid ruining of the textures, but this is uncomfortable in any case); TXD Workshop does not support MIP mapping, G-TXD, in contrast, supports MIP mapping, but textures with MIP maps, generated by G-TXD, have shortcomings — on far distance from main textures, when you see one of MIP textures, you can see some artifacts — textures can be like speckled (maybe this is an incorrect word), and this is very visible on mosaic (multiplied) textures, like textures of outdoor tile or tile on the buildings. Well, you will understand, what I'm talking about, when see screenshots below.

In the same time brand new tool by The_GTA and DK22Pac generate really high quality MIP maps and uses better MIP mapping algorithm than G-TXD. MIP maps is one of the features of HRT 1.4, so this is very important.

Look at the first screenshot. The upper frame is captured with textures that was saved in G-TXD. On the distance from main textures, you can see artifacts. Frame below — the same textures, but saved in brand new tool. Now the texture looks more quality and smoothed.

0_206a92_b0eee75_M.jpg

The same situation with comparative screenshots №2 and 3.

0_206a93_36bb9cb6_M.jpg 0_206a94_7ef17c67_M.jpg

Besides that, below you will see additional screenshots with textures that saved with using of new program.

0_206a8d_cda0a34b_M.jpg 0_206a8e_a0a68eae_M.jpg

0_206a8f_e191edba_M.jpg 0_206a90_5a7282d9_M.jpg

0_206a91_e9adf43_M.jpg

You can see these screenshots also on Mod DB

However, I must warn you that I will have to re-save all textures (rebuild all TXD-files). Therefore, in the following screenshots I will show textures, created in the old programs (since I already have ready txd-files). I plan to switch to it completely a little later.

Read news about this on hrt-mod.com:
In the development of HRT 1.4 the latest tools are using

TWIST_OF_HATE, glad to hear this, thank you!

MrMateczko

Wow, you actually took care with the tools? It's amazing how much care you put into this.

Are you using the DXT5 compression with this tool?

Flame

If I not mistaken, it's have sense to use DXT5 only for textures with alpha channel (DXT3 and DXT5 are only for textures with alpha) (alpha texture in this case has like more crisp edges). For textures with alpha I use DXT3 and now DXT5 for some of them, for ordinary textures I use DXT1.

Reyks

I'm so happy to know you are now using the new tool :D.

This will give the mod a massive increase in quality as you might have noticed already.

Btw something you may want to know before you start rebuilding the TXDs, if you ever encounter a texture with heavy use of gradients it's best to leave it uncompressed since any compression method will break the smooth effect resulting in a ugly texture.

This will however drastically increase the size of the file, so be sure to do this only to a few selected textures.

DamnedDev

I'm so happy to know you are now using the new tool :D.

This will give the mod a massive increase in quality as you might have noticed already.

Btw something you may want to know before you start rebuilding the TXDs, if you ever encounter a texture with heavy use of gradients it's best to leave it uncompressed since any compression method will break the smooth effect resulting in a ugly texture.

This will however drastically increase the size of the file, so be sure to do this only to a few selected textures.

Nah he should do to all it. Because why not if we got a new tool that improves quality it will be better in the end result. Also file size won't increase that much if he rebuilds the img.

Also i say stick to DXT1 and DXT3. DXT5 works better for gradients and such. It only increases resources and doesn't really improve anything. That's one thing that i dislike ib GTA V is every texture or most is DXT5 when that should be used with what i said. I really hope to get to play this mod by the end of year if finished. It be nice seeing SA in new textures and some improved models and fixed UV mapping.

Edited by DamnedDev

Reyks

Nah he should do to all it. Because why not if we got a new tool that improves quality it will be better in the end result. Also file size won't increase that much if he rebuilds the img.

Uncompressed textures look better indeed but they aren't suited for games, the main problem isn't really the file size itself but the VRAM usage, if all textures are left uncompressed then the VRAM requirement will skyrocket and people with low end cards will be screwed.

Why would you want to mess with .img files? Just use ModLoader...

The_GTA

Also i say stick to DXT1 and DXT3. DXT5 works better for gradients and such. It only increases resources and doesn't really improve anything.

DXT5 texture size == DXT3 texture size.

DXT5 compression time >= DXT3 compression time.

That is why DXT5 does not "only increase resources". While I do not want to deprecate the use of DXT3, I say give DXT5 a try.

See for yourself :)

Uncompressed textures look better indeed but they aren't suited for games, the main problem isn't really the file size itself but the VRAM usage, if all textures are left uncompressed then the VRAM requirement will skyrocket and people with low end cards will be screwed.

Reminds me of tests I did back in 2008/9 when I tried to run a game with raw textures.

I could not believe my eyes. The GPU driver refused to load textures beyond the GUI textures (world loading failed in the middle).

S3TC compression solved many problems.

Flame

DamnedDev, unfortunately, only next year mod will be released.

I agree with The_GTA, I also think that this does not many sense to use uncompressed textures, but in few cases, maybe, I can do this (if difference will be big, so in the same time it's not bad tip!). Compression can make gradients worse, I know about this, but in most of cases it only helps us. Here you can see some comparison images (post in Russian).

What I really want in GTA SA - it's easy using of bump textures, something like: just add bump texture into txd and it's displaying in the game. Maybe these are dreams, but will be cool. In this case I even can spend a more time (if users don't be angry on me) to create a lot of bump textures for objects.

I have news.

New video: Los Santos Police Headquarters

Today is released new video from HRT 1.4 modification. This video is about Los Santos Police Headquarters.

New video from HRT 1.4 — Los Santos Police Headquarters

Edited by Flame

savidge

I always use DXT1 compression for textures with no alpha channel and DXT5 compression for textures with an alpha channel. only issue with using DXT5 compression is that it's more heavy on your GPU.

DamnedDev

I dunno i still think DXT5 is better for other things. Really no sense in using DXT5 for textures. I ran tests and for some reason it shows to be better when it's DXT1 and DXT3. Since i use IPS i can tell the details between DXT5 and others. It really not suited for plain alpha and normal textures. They it works better with effects and other things. I might show stages but depends on the monitor you have. I'm not ruling out DXT5 is bad but no sense in extra resources and quality isn't better i think it messes with it. Either way still great to see a tool made to allow uncomprssed textures work. I tested every compression for a few years now and it's just what i seen and know what. Others might choose a different way.

Edited by DamnedDev

Reyks

What I really want in GTA SA - it's easy using of bump textures, something like: just add bump texture into txd and it's displaying in the game. Maybe these are dreams, but will be cool. In this case I even can spend a more time (if users don't be angry on me) to create a lot of bump textures for objects.

Yeah I also wish someone would create a script that enables the use of bump-maps in the game, that would be awesome.

However, there is a script that allows the use of normal maps but it only works properly on peds and weapons, tested it on map objects and it completely broke them :p

Ezekiel

Yeah I also wish someone would create a script that enables the use of bump-maps in the game, that would be awesome...

However, there is a script that allows the use of normal maps but it only works properly on peds and weapons, tested it on map objects and it completely broke them :p

In my testing history,normal maps don't work on dff with NVC created in 3ds max...

one guy posted about that problem already on topic..

I wish DK somehow compile NVC and Normal Maps effects -to work on dff correctly......

Edited by Ezekiel

Flame

By the way, anyone tested the latest version of ENBSeries? Due the words of author, was added normal map. Interesting... And how to work with this.

I think, today - is a good day for the some new media from the mod, so soon I'll post them.

Edited by Flame

Flame

New video: Atrium (Arcadius Business Center)

Today is released

from HRT 1.4 modification. This video is about Atrium.

New video from HRT 1.4 — Atrium (Arcadius Business Center)

P.S. Footage was taken little earlier, and only now the video was mounted. Now this object has little better textures, this does not matter, but I decided to say this here.

Shakez

@Flame My first questions in this topic so I hope it will be answered
Huge respect for this modification btw :).It will make San Andreas 100 times better and playable

1.Will I need hrt 1.3 too or previous versions? or 1.4 will contain all the world changed?
2.This mod affects vegetation too?If yes, in what mod? Make it hd or add more trees etc?I asked this because idk if I will need project Oblivion etc
3.I saw a lot of hd props on gtainside.Should I forget about them?

4.Will I need silentpach or skygfx if I have this?

5.It will contain hd models of vehicles, weapons, water, particles too?

Waiting for answers

Thx and good luck

P.S. If someone knows the answers,you can respond too

Edited by Shakez

MrMateczko

1. No previous versions are needed, this is completely different from his previous mods.

2. He might retexture the original trees. He's already retextured some vegetation like pots and flowers on ground.. You will probably be able to install vegetation mod of choice with HRT 1.4

3. Use Mod Loader to help you separate and organise mods more easily. If you see that the HD props look wrong with HRT 1.4, you can just disable them.

4. You can use whatever mods with HRT 1.4.

5. Only Flame can tell what other parts than the map he'll retexture. He's done some interiors and vehicles so far.

Flame

Your answers are completely right, MrMateczko. I'm glad that my mates that carefully watch for the mod in this thread know so well about different positions (and can answer just like I), connected with development.

I want to describe more detail some things.

Shakez, hello and thank you that you like my mod and watch for it.

HRT 1.4 is not need any previous version, because this is fully standalone mod (I mean that it is not connected with any previous version, this is completely new project, it even does not shares any files from previous version).

Vegetation.

Some vegetation already remade, and maybe vegetation in the mod will be just retextures, maybe I keep basic vegetation original. I will not remodel vegetation, because I doubt that I can do this better than in other mods with remodeled vegetation.

So users just can install their favorite vegetation mod over the mod.

Props.

I will not include any other props mods in HRT. I want to do author's mod (my mod), not mod-pack (pack of other mods).

I want to improve props by myself. All the props will be retextured, some models of props will be improved. But you may install any mod that you like over HRT 1.4 later, as said MrMateczko (but HRT 1.4 will not adjusted or compatibility with possible other mods).

Mod will contain remade game world and interiors. Vehicles textures will be improved, but this will be not very noticeable (because for really better look of cars them must be remodeled, improved on models level, I will not do it).

About other possible features I can not say something.

Shakez

@Flame
Thx u for detailed answers :)
Appreciate it
I will look forward for the release.Hope it will be earlier in 2016

Too bad the V community doesn't have modders like you with real tastes

@MrMateczko Thx u too mate for answers

Flame

LAn: Additional screenshots

New additional screenshots with some places, buildings and objects from LAn section. You will see again familiar areas, including LS Police Headquarters, theatre, Atrium, Pershing Square, and a lot of unseen before objects, shops and alleys.

0_20b068_f34ef473_M.jpg 0_20b069_644c8edd_M.jpg

0_20b075_994e1e3a_M.jpg 0_20b076_d7504e8a_M.jpg

0_20b078_64fa506c_M.jpg 0_20b079_33ec6874_M.jpg

0_20b07b_f314ec0d_M.jpg 0_20b07a_4e322cb6_M.jpg

0_20b07c_e5fef1f1_M.jpg 0_20b07d_3b18d4dd_M.jpg

0_20b07e_f7bc1690_M.jpg 0_20b07f_1b03f070_M.jpg

0_20b080_3c3c48ef_M.jpg 0_20b081_ee8dd6a9_M.jpg

0_20b082_5f8dfa2_M.jpg 0_20b083_cbdf2e45_M.jpg

More images on hrt-mod.com:
LAn: Additional screenshots

Next reports about the development will be in December, because I have some other cases. Wish me luck. Next month will be very productive. Will be a lot of new media and we finally move to the next section of Los Santos. And a holiday mood begins to manifest itself very soon!

Thanks all who like my modification. See you. Edited by Flame

Reyks

I have an idea to make the LS atrium look even better, you should try using reflection/environment maps on the windows instead of a static image, similar to what you did with these tanks in San Fierro:

VF3AJnt.png

Flame

Yes, this is good idea, but I already wrote about reflections on the Atrium in this post.

Also I must add that I tried to made move (not real-lime according to game technologies) reflections on the glass of building, but (again according to technologies) it was looked not very good in this situation, so I left imitation of reflection with using of ordinary texture, but and this texture now is better then earlier.

Game has problems with reflections: we cannot use them on "flat" objects, like windows, and on the objects that not enough "rounded", like this Atrium building; reflections are not compatible with prelight (in some cases we can sacrificing this).

Now some interesting news.

Russian HRT 1.4 twitter is opened

Good news for all users from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and other Russian-speaking countries, for my compatriots: I opened new HRT 1.4 twitter in Russian.

Edited by Flame

Reyks

Yes, this is good idea, but I already wrote about reflections on the Atrium in this post.

Also I must add that I tried to made move (not real-lime according to game technologies) reflections on the glass of building, but (again according to technologies) it was looked not very good in this situation, so I left imitation of reflection with using of ordinary texture, but and this texture now is better then earlier.

Game has problems with reflections: we cannot use them on "flat" objects, like windows, and on the objects that not enough "rounded", like this Atrium building; reflections are not compatible with prelight (in some cases we can sacrificing this).

Oh sorry I missed that post :p

I know what you mean, the same thing happens with DK's normal map plugin if you try to add env maps with it, wich is a shame, buildings would look amazing with reflections.

Flame

On Mod DB was started annual voting for the best mods. This voting can help HRT 1.4 to be more popular, so I will be glad if you vote for the mod. :)

LAn: Additional screenshots (continue)

Continue of previous post with new screenshots from LAn section, with previously shown and not represented before objects and places.

0_20bc7b_f0f38040_M.jpg 0_20bc7c_e4c3421f_M.jpg

0_20bc7d_a8faf4d8_M.jpg 0_20bc7e_182a301f_M.jpg

0_20bc7f_8d8bffd4_M.jpg 0_20bc81_56dcb449_M.jpg

0_20bc80_def1377d_M.jpg 0_20bc82_b170ea29_M.jpg

0_20bc83_bc066870_M.jpg 0_20bc84_735af6d7_M.jpg

0_20bc85_9d03265d_M.jpg 0_20bc86_1ec825d9_M.jpg

0_20bc87_75cf01_L.jpg

LAn: Additional screenshots (continue)

Edited by Flame

Shakez