Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,839 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Flame

HRT 1.4

Flame
Posted (edited)

Hey 4Arty. Yes, I am still in business, and mod's bright times are ahead. :)

Edited by Flame

MysticBlast3r26

Flame, does this mod require previous version like HRT 1.3 ??

and can you give me the latest link of the mod?
another thing i wanna know that is this mod complete and re-textures the whole map?

Flame
Posted (edited)

Hey MysticBlast3r26. This mod does not require installation of any previous mod. Just because it's completely new mod, not new version of HRT Pack 1.3. The mod was considered like a new version of previous mod at the beginning, but now this is fully new project and it haven't any shared files with old mod.

And yes, in this mod will be retextured the whole game map, and also all the interiors.

And link... It's not released yet. :)

Edited by Flame

MysticBlast3r26

Flame, now i see
waiting for the release :r*:​ :r*:​

would be cool if you also retexture CJ as well!

MysticBlast3r26

hey will u retexture cs as well? because your mod is retexturing everything HD so...making HD CJ is also a good point.....
and if you also re-texture vehicles in SA then it would be a awesome mod!

LaDiDa

Vehicles are already part of the mod if you go a few pages back you can see some previews :p

Flame

hey will u retexture cs as well? because your mod is retexturing everything HD so...making HD CJ is also a good point.....

and if you also re-texture vehicles in SA then it would be a awesome mod!

Thanks for you interesting. I don't plan to retexture CJ, because this will not evident and we already have some mods (including one in the development) with really good and professional new CJ's model. Vehicles retexturing is planned and a lot of vehicles already retextured, yes. But this also is not evident. Most effective changing of textures - it's retexturing of game world.

Flame

It's finally time for new report and new images from the modification. Hope you will like them.

Back to LAn: Los Santos City Hall (and some thoughts)

Hello to all who are waiting for the new reports about the modification. Don't worry friends, mod is not canceled. However, the speed of the development of such mod is pretty low, like a turtle. No, turtle is even faster. It's been a hell of a lot of time since I started doing this mod and I am not a teenager anymore, and the hobbies are different (but dreams are the same). But mod must be finished, I think, yes? So let development going as going, but it definitely will come to the logical end.

Some time ago GTA: San Andreas was an outstanding and popular game, and even in 2011, when HRT 1.4 was announced (too much time for such mod, yes) — and the mod that could become a new version of my first SA global mod ever, but became a totally new thing — it was very popular and a lot of people played it. But time is running and yesterday's teenage players are older now, and the games are different. Even new GTA games. The series is get in step with newest trends (I mean GTA V) and old 2000s San Andreas will hardly be interesting for new players. And this mod will be never downloaded hundreds times like previous mods. But if it's still interesting for you — follow the mod. If the mod is not interesting anymore — it's also normal and I can understand you. And now will try to finish started.

Today's report will be pretty interesting I hope. I already wrote that I am backing from time to time to previous made things (a very bad habit). In parallel with started third section of Los Santos (LAs) were massively improved previous two (LAn and LAn2). Nearest reports will be connected with these improvements. Also we will touch again vehicles.

There is an official building on the LAn section — Los Santos City Hall. One of many symbols of Los Angeles. When I played L.A. Noire I was pretty amazed: the city in this game was made with such historical certainty, it's really great. So I decided to improve this building in some similar ways.

On the facade there is a sign like in real life.

s05042982.jpg s54118917.jpg s27319909.jpg

s32036314.jpg s64512549.jpg s82605185.jpg

s62420294.jpg s67028591.jpg s23782675.jpg

Also inside there is a commemorative plaque with information that this building is a monument. The layout of windows were changed a little. And, of course, original game mapping issues were fixed.

s97712262.jpg s34964399.jpg s40367774.jpg

s88072634.jpg s30211712.jpg s02026165.jpg

s96145467.jpg s70999363.jpg s16246279.jpg

s11796748.jpg

Comparison images:

s63119986.jpg s73516269.jpg s52376691.jpg

s26802070.jpg s21646081.jpg s90546934.jpg

s96265444.jpg s06534709.jpg

Renders:

s67207099.jpg s63787849.jpg s86596472.jpg

s12072491.jpg s83780989.jpg s82786990.jpg

Two in higher resolution:

s89237121.jpg s08922367.jpg

See you with the next reports.

Read full news on hrt-mod.com:
Back to LAn: Los Santos City Hall (and some thoughts)

See the images also on Mod DB

MS.

It's looking very nice!

TJGM

Wow, fantastic to see you're still working on this, that really is some dedication.

But like you said, you have an awfully bad habit of going back to re-do previously done work and it can really decrease the chances of you actually finishing the entire map. :p Hopefully one day this'll get a release, because the work you've put in so far is excellent.

spartaque12

nice Flame , have u updated the percentage of map areas done ? wondering whats now

XenomorphЪ

Perfect!

Flame
Posted (edited)

Thanks all, mates.

nice Flame , have u updated the percentage of map areas done ? wondering whats now

I'll update it soon, but the percentage will not be higher than now, because I'm staying on place with these improvements of already made things. Edited by Flame

MS.
Posted (edited)

Flame, I know it's your choice but, here's my opinion, I think you should stop refining places that already looks good, as doing that consumes a lot of time, while you could be messing with places that are still at 0%, you're still tinkering with areas that are already remarkably good (in my opinion), well, I think you should focus on other places that have not been scrambled than places that have been refined more than once.

Edited by MS.

Toghrul Rahimli
Posted (edited)

Sadly GTA SA is played less compared to the period before GTA V. To be honest, i haven't played it in months. Real life problems and being in mid 20s, we are not teens anymore.

Flame, I know it's your choice but, here's my opinion, I think you should stop refining places that already looks good, as doing that consumes a lot of time, while you could be messing with places that are still at 0%, you're still tinkering with areas that are already remarkably good (in my opinion), well, I think you should focus on other places that have not been scrambled than places that have been refined more than once.

Details never ends. You go deeper and deeper. Even Rockstar rushes unimportant places, where the player won't zoom into the smallest details. Fixing major mapping bugs would be enough.

But I respect your decision on the mod since you are the only one who work on the mod and for one person, the outcome is great.

Edited by Toghrul Rahimli

Am Shaegar

Those screens look absolutely gorgeous!

Salutes your dedication Flame. I can't wait to celebrate the release day of this mod by exploring each and every corner in the game with HD textures :D

Keep it going. You are doing a great work.

AlbanyEsperanto

:^::^::^:

Uzzi47

Good job, Flame. Waiting for it. :lol:

Reameb

Wow amazing work, congrats!

Flame
Posted (edited)

Thanks for your supporting and understanding, I totally agree with critics of my non-optimized methods.

Just wondering, are there any ways to add normal mapping on the models without editing of the models? Because I did not understand how to do this. :lol:

I mean: just add the normal map texture into txd file, with the same name as main texture but with prefix, and normal map will be in the game. Like with Japanese guy's old normal map ASI plugin.

Because, while I do the mod, I can try and to generate normals in the same time, but who knows is this have sense.

Edited by Flame

Kyrie

Thanks for your supporting and understanding, I totally agree with critics of my non-optimized methods.

Just wondering, are there any ways to add normal mapping on the models without editing of the models? Because I did not understand how to do this. :lol:

I mean: just add the normal map texture into txd file, with the same name as main texture but with prefix, and normal map will be in the game. Like with Japanese guy's old normal map ASI plugin.

Because, while I do the mod, I can try and to generate normals in the same time, but who knows is this have sense.

Hi, Its possible use this Plugin by DKK2Pac

http://gtaforums.com/topic/760083-normal-map-plugin-tools/

but from what i heard, its not support NVC :(

but, you can give it a try :D

and the tutorials also included.

Wohhoo, love you <3

Flame
Posted (edited)

Hey. I never couldn't understand how to work with this plugin, really. Maybe I'm not very clever, maybe.

But I've watched

and it seems to more or less clear to me. But it seems that it really doesn't support night vertex colors. As I see in plugin's thread, it will be updated.

Also plugin requires editing of each .dff file in which we want to add normal map textures. A little annoying thing if you have hundreds of these buildings. Very bad that there is no a way like: just add normal map texture into txd. But in Ryosuke's plugin there is exactly this way! Just add normal map and it will work. But only for peds. Strange that anyone did not improved it and adapted for map objects.

Edited by Flame

LaDiDa

I wouldn't recommend any of the 2 though, they both seem to crash the game in some occasions.

Flame

Oh, it's really better not to use some things if they can cause crashes.