More support for a 2013 release?

Ash_735

I seriously doubt that Australia, a tiny market compared to the US, would hold back GTA 5's release, especially if it's on target for a Christmas release. Rockstar wouldn't give a sh*t about Australia if it meant that they're missing out on millions of dollars in Christmas sales. I wouldn't mind if the release date was held back in Australia to January 1, because I'd just import the game (EMS) from New Zealand or the UK.

Edited by mubd

Revolution-XW
They should just release it in October and let Australia wait until they get that new rating out. Why should the rest of the world have to wait longer just for the Australians benefit?

This. icon14.gif

If Australia is a cause of an unnecessary delay in GTA 5, I will be pissed.

America has a lot more to answer for... Maccas, fatties, aids, war, massive annoying ego with shifty Americanized spellings of English words, and every good tv series has to be remade into a US version just to suit your silly slapstick comedy that appeals to 5 year olds.

Or people in Australia get it later? If the game is done, R* should release it for the whole world first.

Although it would be best for everyone for it to be released in 2013. Because R* can fix bugs and add/remove things in 3 months time. If the game is nearly done.

Yeah they've had 4 years to make the game and do that. Why not release the game in 2020 to make sure it's 100.000% free of bugs then? Brilliant idea don't you think.

Fans will get mad. You can do a lot of bug fixing and adding new things in 4 years and 3 monthes time. I said if it is NEARLY DONE. If it is done, no delay is needed.

Newsflash for you sir. The build model for GTA V is apparently complete. Not surprisingly either, right? Sure, as colossal as V may be, R* really had enough time to make that game.

guyzwitgunz
I say f*ck Australia (no offense to Aussies), if Rockstar actually delayed the game for them...

Did your sheep tell you to say that?

No, skippy, they did not.

Now that I think about it, I really don't see V having anything that would need to be cut anyway...

packardcaribien

America has a lot more to answer for... Maccas, fatties, aids, war, massive annoying ego with shifty Americanized spellings of English words, and every good tv series has to be remade into a US version just to suit your silly slapstick comedy that appeals to 5 year olds.

If you're working with British/Australian English, that should have been Americanised. Also, Benny Hill and Monty Python are slapstick, correct?

-----------

Anyway, I doubt Australia would be the reason for a 2013 release, but it certainly does not bode well for people hoping for 2012. (such as myself [hope and expectation are different]).

it's funny how strict the censorship system is... very ironic, and hypocritical

come to think about it, australian people are all sons and daughter of convicted people that were sent by new zeland and south wales to populate this new land

therefore, their history basically consist in killing and relocating aboriginees that were initialy living there

for a nation of convicts' children... they are a pain in the ass when it comes to video games in which you can kill people

not judging or anything by the way

not even saying people are bad there!

no way! europe colonized african, americans killed natives

i'm just saying, it's FUNNY that a country originaly populated by cons, censor every blood shed!

anyway

i see what your stating... but it's not rockstar that will adapt to australia

BUT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

Australia could adapt his system to welcome GTA (with 18+ rating), promoted by video games representatives

that means that some are aware of the game release date...

Edited by esvi

They should just release it in October and let Australia wait until they get that new rating out. Why should the rest of the world have to wait longer just for the Australians benefit?

Because Australians are the best race around!

user posted image

Australian master race ^^

Nice find, OP.

Crepin N., Jun 14 10:20 am (EDT):

Exaclty. Thank you for your understanding, your patience and your consideration.

Regards,

Crepin N

MatsvanStam, Jun 14 04:01 am (EDT):

I have a lot of game experience, so it means that GTA V is in post-production with fixing bugs, game testing etc.

Crepin N., Jun 13 11:34 am (EDT):

Hello,

Please understand that the more time we have to check things up and find all bugs and issues, the better your gaming experience will be. Please bear with us as we do not have any public information about GTA V for now.

Regards,

Crepin N

G1T

GrandTheftFan788

Why would Australia affect the release date is it really that big of a market. They could just release it later.

scarface910
Why would Australia affect the release date is it really that big of a market. They could just release it later.

Australia is only its own continent...

OysterBarron

this may have been answered already but isn't there like a 6 month delay with the ratings board from the moment it is submitted in Australia? ii think i remember reading something about it in the hype days of IV if that's the case and it hasn't been submitted yet then its def a 2013 release

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

All signs are pointing to a 2013 release no matter how much people are hoping for october. I, for your sake do hope it does come out in 2013, so you dont miss out on the blood and guts.

Give me the signs!

come to think about it, australian people are all sons and daughter of convicted people that were sent by new zeland and south wales to populate this new land

therefore, their history basically consist in killing and relocating aboriginees that were initialy living there

for a nation of convicts' children... they are a pain in the ass when it comes to video games in which you can kill people

i'm just saying, it's FUNNY that a country originaly populated by cons, censor every blood shed!

anyway

BUT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

Australia could adapt his system to welcome GTA (with 18+ rating), promoted by video games representatives

Maybe you need to brush up on your history skills. The misconception that all Australians are sons and daughters of a long line of convicts is funny.

I know my family originated from Scotland and my ancestors were NOT convicts. Perhaps next time you run down a country's people in future you should think before you speak. confused.gif

Anyway I can't see GTA V being delayed because of Australia. No other release in Australia has affected GTA in any part of the world why would it now?

anyway

BUT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

Maybe you need to brush up on your history skills. The misconception that all Australians are sons and daughters of a long line of convicts is funny.

I know my family originated from Scotland and my ancestors were NOT convicts. Perhaps next time you run down a country's people in future you should think before you speak. confused.gif

Anyway I can't see GTA V being delayed because of Australia. No other release in Australia has affected GTA in any part of the world why would it now?

My family originated from an English convict on the second fleet.

He stole a stack of ornate paper from a store in London.

Total Badass.

My family is 100% Italian and I sure as hell don't have no convict background.

user posted image

anyway

BUT THE OTHER WAY ROUND!

1. Australia was colonized before New Zealand...

2. Australians didn't technically exist until 1901, until then it was the British.

3. Rockstar did adapt to Australia by removing things from GTA 4.

i was clearly misunderstood,

i obviously made a joke, i know your are not sons of cons, dont get it twisted like that...

i made an hyperbole, on a part of the initial population,

compared TO THE CURRENT GENERATIONS (that may not be the direct offspring)

would be so strict concerning violent video games

no racism, no i don't think your all sons of cons, yes i was some what joking

and secondly

when i wrote rockstar didnt adapt to australian rating system

i wasnt talking to the fact that they eventually edited the game!!!!!!!

are you even trying here?

i'm saying that they wouldnt adapt THE WHOLE RELEASE PROCESS, and marketing strategy based on the australian rating system

i'm saying that they wouldnt adapt THE WHOLE RELEASE PROCESS, and marketing strategy based on the australian rating system

Releasing the game worldwide at the same time has a far greater chance of earning more profits then not. Don't forget the Australian population pays almost double what the U.S pays for games.

i obviously made a joke, i know your are not sons of cons, dont get it twisted like that...

and secondly

Just so you know Australian isn't a race so racism isn't even the right word in this context. Anyway no more about our origins in this thread.

and secondly

shutup idiot stop trolling.

user posted image

Releasing the game worldwide at the same time has a far greater chance of earning more profits then not. Don't forget the Australian population pays almost double what the U.S pays for games.

Damn you mean about 80-90$?

Wow....

That wouls be even more expansive when its an edited version...

Is it legal for you to import the game from another country like on amazon for instance?

And get the uncensored stuff? (Eventually cheaper)

GrandTheftFan788

Australia is only its own continent...

I know that but really it could just be released later there.