More support for a 2013 release?

Ash_735

Now, this isn't some leaked info or anything but it could be related, recently the Australian Government passed the R18+ Age Rating for Video Games! Before that, the highest rating a game could have was MA15+ meaning for some quick cuts and edits (including GTA) had to be made before a game could be released in Australia. Now, the R18+ Rating doesn't come in til January 2013, if Rockstar held off, they could release GTA V in Australia WITHOUT Cuts and have GTA V be the first R18+ Rockstar title in the country. A small thing to consider but considering this would save Rockstar time from having the game re-rated and having to make cuts for the Australian market, they could just hold back and submit the game once R18+ is in, and not have to cut/edit anything.

scarface910

All signs are pointing to a 2013 release no matter how much people are hoping for october. I, for your sake do hope it does come out in 2013, so you dont miss out on the blood and guts.

I think the Australian market is not big enough to justify a delay. If the game is supposed to come out this year, then I think they will probably delay it only in Australia, much like they do with Japan.

I think R* should consider it. They may just bite the bullet like in years past though. OFF TOPIC: Both of u have been here as long as 05 and still havent been promoted to moderators? This forum does ppl dirty.

"Don't let the success of your peers become the death of YOU!" -L Da Vice

scarface910
I think R* should consider it. They may just bite the bullet like in years past though. OFF TOPIC: Both of u have been here as long as 05 and still havent been promoted to moderators? This forum does ppl dirty.

Well im only active in this part of the forum, and im also on and off, they'd only promote people to mod status if they're active, have a clean record, and actively report people, i assume.

Well im only active in this part of the forum, and im also on and off, they'd only promote people to mod status if they're active, have a clean record, and actively report people, i assume.

"Who does this guy think he is? Now I gotta dress like a chump just to hang out with him? I like this shirt." HAHA This is how I feel of this forum.

"Don't let the success of your peers become the death of YOU!" -L Da Vice

An October release just seems impossible at this point. I would expect a May 2013 release, but then I see Take Two's expectations for this fiscal year and it leads me to believe the game will be launching by March 2013. But then Take Two's BioShock Infinite is already scheduled for February. I don't really know what to think anymore...

Edited by Isuck100%

RomansMoobs

IF they released the game in October, I don't see why they wouldn't just release the 18+ version in Australia in January, then releasing the 15+ version in October.

They should just release it in October and let Australia wait until they get that new rating out. Why should the rest of the world have to wait longer just for the Australians benefit?

monsterjamp
I think the Australian market is not big enough to justify a delay. If the game is supposed to come out this year, then I think they will probably delay it only in Australia, much like they do with Japan.

Video games don't release to all countries on the same day So yeah Australia won't delay GTA V.

They should just release it in October and let Australia wait until they get that new rating out. Why should the rest of the world have to wait longer just for the Australians benefit?

Because Australians are the best race around!

Nah Tso Gud

icon14.gif Very cool, happy for the Aussie GTAers here.. hopefully it means more sales instead of less.

Good deal for everyone in Oz. I can't remember the cuts that happened in the past but I know it must have been frustrating, however minor.

The also can release the game in 2013 for Australia, and earlier in 2012 for the rest of the world

The only disappointing cuts were prostitutes removed from vice city... And it wasn't removed from GTAIV yet I've only picked up a prostitute once or twice for a cheap laugh... I'm not sure if it will hold back V release but its good news anyway, at least the DLC would be uncut! They could release an 18+ patch on the ps network perhaps? Not sure...

The also can release the game in 2013 for Australia, and earlier in 2012 for the rest of the world

That would make no sense. We actually got GTA IV before the U.S did.

guyzwitgunz

I say f*ck Australia (no offense to Aussies), if Rockstar actually delayed the game for them...

What about releasing the game censored to 15+ at first, then putting up special free 18+ DLC to remove the censorship? I don't suppose it could be done with a title update because it would be changing the classification, but separately rated DLC could be filtered by the parental controls of the console.

But wait a minute, didn't TLAD and TBOGT go to Australia uncut? And the PC version of GTA IV too? Wasn't it only the first console release of GTA IV that was censored? It seemed that Rockstar overestimated what needed to be cut but Australia was actually willing to pass the uncut game as 15+ except Rockstar didn't even try to submit it uncut at first.

Also, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and even Max Payne 3 passed uncut in Australia I think. GTA V may not even need the new rating.

Edited by Magic_Al

Doland J. Trump

This isn't really on topic but the R18+ rating is not going to stop many minors getting their hands on these games, they will most probably have an older sibling or a parent that doesn't really care that will buy it for them.

This isn't really on topic but the R18+ rating is not going to stop many minors getting their hands on these games, they will most probably have an older sibling or a parent that doesn't really care that will buy it for them.

The point of an R18+ was to have a possibility of an equal rating system for video games and movies. Before, mature content could be classified R18+ in a movie but the same content in a video game would be banned. It was as though the law was saying all games are for kids therefore no game may have mature content.

I say f*ck Australia (no offense to Aussies), if Rockstar actually delayed the game for them...

Did your sheep tell you to say that?

Seriously who cares about that bunch of people who speak English like ducks? (And I'm half-Australian) Delay the release of such a valuable product for a tiny (population-wise) region in the world? f*ck off.

Release it worldwide on a practical date, and then ship it to Australia when the ban lifts. The end.

Even though I like your way of thinking OP, I don't think this could affect the release date.

Like the steak guy above me said : Release it worldwide on a practical date, and then ship it to Australia when the ban lifts. The end.

If the game is scheduled for a 2012 release they will release it in Australia at the same time as everywhere else.

Or people in Australia get it later? If the game is done, R* should release it for the whole world first.

Although it would be best for everyone for it to be released in 2013. Because R* can fix bugs and add/remove things in 3 months time. If the game is nearly done.

Or people in Australia get it later? If the game is done, R* should release it for the whole world first.

Although it would be best for everyone for it to be released in 2013. Because R* can fix bugs and add/remove things in 3 months time. If the game is nearly done.

Yeah they've had 4 years to make the game and do that. Why not release the game in 2020 to make sure it's 100.000% free of bugs then? Brilliant idea don't you think.

Yeah they've had 4 years to make the game and do that. Why not release the game in 2020 to make sure it's 100.000% free of bugs then? Brilliant idea don't you think.

Fans will get mad. You can do a lot of bug fixing and adding new things in 4 years and 3 monthes time. I said if it is NEARLY DONE. If it is done, no delay is needed.

If Australia is a cause of an unnecessary delay in GTA 5, I will be pissed.