50 Cent turned down offer to voice CJ

Flashify

Just found out that 50 Cent was asked to voice Carl Johnson, but turned it down! Amazing how stuff's linked together. Would've loved for him to be the voice of CJ.

Hmm, never knew that. But Young Maylay's voice fits the 'passive' personality that CJ has.

GTAboyWonder

50 Cent? NO!

"Cho' Swiit, les rid roun' da bloc"

user posted image

austinkopeck

It's true. OG Loc is actually a parody of Ja Rule, 50 Cent's rival at the time. I guess they made him like that cuz they wanted to get 50 Cent to accept the deal.

Yah, Yah, Yah... dozingoff.gif I'm sure.

So what about this?

If you don’t believe OG LOC is, 2Pac Shakur, read thisStr.

No publisher in their right mind would admit to something like that for Royalty reasons.

Radoonhagaydoon

this is old news

I knew this 5 years ago

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

I'm glad CJ wasn't played by 50 cent, Eddie Murphy wouldv'e been a far better choice to give it that Beverly Hills Cop feel

I don't think so. Whenever I hear Ed Murphy I think of that silly ass he voiced, not the Psychotic killer that CJ is.

E: Although now that I think of it Donkey wasn't around back then.

Edited by lil weasel

I'm glad CJ wasn't played by 50 cent, Eddie Murphy wouldv'e been a far better choice to give it that Beverly Hills Cop feel

No way in hell that that would've been good. All I'd be thinking of is donkey of shrek. I wouldn't be able to take CJ seriously as all.

I found that CJ was a bit of a wimp. Don't forget that most of the murder committed in GTA games is by ourselves, and not the character. We control their actions.

He moaned often and was terrified of Toreno and T-Bone Mendez and Tenpenny, and even backed down from the absolute joke that was Ryder several times.

Also, I remember reading in an old Xbox magazine from 2005 that 50 Cent had turned down the role. Apparently, the reason he turned GTA down was to star in his own game, Bloodmoney or whatever it was. Anyway, it then went on to show you the screenshots of the awesome looking Bloodmoney. Too bad those screenshots were the best thing about the game.

50 Cent's voice would've been strange to listen to in a west coast themed game, with him being born in Queens, NY. sigh.gif