GTA is Done

monsterjamp

This basically means that the game is in alpha/ pre-alpha.

A lot of people in this topic have misunderstood.

Beta... Pre-alpha and Alpha never mean that the game is virtually playable, it'd have a lot of bugs and glitches.

...And so does Beta.

I've been in many Alphas and Betas. They both have bugs. The game is virtually unplayable in alpha ? That's bullsh*t. I'm in a closed alpha of a game at the moment and it runs perfectly. Look at Planetside 2 gameplay videos. They are all made on pre-alpha or Alpha.

Alpha means that the structure of the game is complete, but many features will still change from alpha to launch. That's the whole point of it. Testing the game and deciding what are we going to still add and what are we going change and what are we going to take away from the game completely. The beta on the other hand is usually just for problem fixing.

Also all the open "betas" we get these days on consoles are basically just demos.

EDIT: Oops sorry for double posting. I just don't know how to quote multiple persons on this forum biggrin.gif

It's not done. The release is months ahead, why would they keep the game hidden if it was complete? I don't think they're dumb enough to finish developing 2 games at almost the same time, and then release one and be forced to wait to release the other.

They thought Max Gayne 3 was going to be a big smash hit but it turns out it failed and in my opinion sucked ass after playing through the singleplayer once and trying multiplayer in a lobby with 2 people.

The marketing for it is not over.

Quit bashing Max Payne 3. It is a great game, and i haven't been able to put it down since i started playing it. The single player, and multiplayer have been widely praised by critics alike. You are entitled to your opinion, but i don't believe most people who bash it have actually played it. It doesn't make sense that someone who calls it Max Gayne actually played the game. You sound like a typical hater. If you want people to believe you are honest about your "analysis" of the game, don't start by calling it "Max Gayne 3".

Quit bashing Max Payne 3. It is a great game, and i haven't been able to put it down since i started playing it. The single player, and multiplayer have been widely praised by critics alike. You are entitled to your opinion, but i don't believe most people who bash it have actually played it. It doesn't make sense that someone who calls it Max Gayne actually played the game. You sound like a typical hater. If you want people to believe you are honest about your "analysis" of the game, don't start by calling it "Max Gayne 3".

I understand that the singleplayer is great, but what exactly is so good about the multiplayer ? Looks very unoriginal and typical run and gun style gameplay on very small maps.

i'll nail the coffin once for all.

Max Payne 3 is an incredible video game

(well written story, amazing quotes, nice graphics, great action, fantastic scenary)

With an average replay value

(mandatory cut scene, linearity of the levels, few short levels)

with a very disapointing Multiplayer

(messy, unprecise, not original, small maps)

POINT BLANK PERIOD

spongeboob911

What the f-ck. I just wrote an email via mouthoff to rockstar, they responded within minutes saying they are not

answering any GTAV question at this time.

What the f-ck. I just wrote an email via mouthoff to rockstar, they responded within minutes saying they are not

answering any GTAV question at this time.

I wrote one about a week ago with a suggestion for GTA 5, and never got a reply.

do you really think those support guys know something? the guy is a f*ckin troll or the OP is lying...

I hope they released it Q2 2013. Too many good games coming out this year for them to try to squeeze GTA V in there. I know Halo 4 and another Call of Duty is gonna have gamers going crazy Q4 2012. But all in all, I'll be buying V the first day it comes out.

FilipinoGoblin
It's not done. The release is months ahead, why would they keep the game hidden if it was complete? I don't think they're dumb enough to finish developing 2 games at almost the same time, and then release one and be forced to wait to release the other.

They thought Max Gayne 3 was going to be a big smash hit but it turns out it failed and in my opinion sucked ass after playing through the singleplayer once and trying multiplayer in a lobby with 2 people.

I will keep bashing Max Gayne 3, horrible move by R* and I am still dumbfounded as to why they made such a poor marketing move.

I do own Max Payne 3 and have even collected all of the golden weapons parts on most of the levels in the short singleplayer campaign that maybe took me all afternoon to beat. Just because you like it doesn't mean that for every 1 person who likes it, there won't be 5-10 people who hate it. This is the case with this game.

I will start by calling it Max Gayne, I don't know why it gets all the praise it does, it really is a steaming pile of turd. Sure it is a beautiful environment but a sh*tty storyline didn't help that at all. GTA IV had the best storyline by far in my opinion, since it made me feel like I actually was in the story as Niko...

The multiplayer has pathetically sized maps and not to mention barely anyone on to play with. The replay value of the game overall is maybe I will pick it up 1 more time before V but that's all I see happening, because really there is no point to getting all the golden gun parts except maybe an achievement and perks or something, but what's the point of the perks when there is like 2 people on multiplayer?

That is a totally honest review!

I will keep bashing Max Gayne 3, horrible move by R* and I am still dumbfounded as to why they made such a poor marketing move.

I do own Max Payne 3 and have even collected all of the golden weapons parts on most of the levels in the short singleplayer campaign that maybe took me all afternoon to beat. Just because you like it doesn't mean that for every 1 person who likes it, there won't be 5-10 people who hate it. This is the case with this game.

I will start by calling it Max Gayne, I don't know why it gets all the praise it does, it really is a steaming pile of turd. Sure it is a beautiful environment but a sh*tty storyline didn't help that at all. GTA IV had the best storyline by far in my opinion, since it made me feel like I actually was in the story as Niko...

The multiplayer has pathetically sized maps and not to mention barely anyone on to play with. The replay value of the game overall is maybe I will pick it up 1 more time before V but that's all I see happening, because really there is no point to getting all the golden gun parts except maybe an achievement and perks or something, but what's the point of the perks when there is like 2 people on multiplayer?

Calling it "Max Gayne" invallidates all of the rest of your points.

sublimelabs
i'll nail the coffin once for all.

Max Payne 3 is an incredible video game

(well written story, amazing quotes, nice graphics, great action, fantastic scenary)

With an average replay value

(mandatory cut scene, linearity of the levels, few short levels)

with a very disapointing Multiplayer

(messy, unprecise, not original, small maps)

POINT BLANK PERIOD

Playing on PC lets you skip cutscenes. The cutscenes are the loading screens, so that's why you can't skip on consoles. I personally think the replay value is great; love the arcade modes. This is the first game I've played in years where shooting people doesn't get boring at all. There are so many ways to go about killing the enemies.

And I disagree about the multiplayer. I've had a blast. The perks are unique and I love the customization. It's like an RPG almost. I guess they do have some freezing issues to work out, but I've never had those problems and I'm playing on PC. tounge.gif

If you want to be taken seriously then call it by it's proper name. You are sounding like an immature little 12 year old by calling it Max Gayne.

FilipinoGoblin

If you want to be taken seriously then call it by it's proper name. You are sounding like an immature little 12 year old by calling it Max Gayne.

> Assuming I give 2 sh*ts about people on a forums opinion of me.

This game in no way is a masterpiece, Max Gayne 3 was completely out of place in R*'s marketing.

You Max Payne 3 and Rockstar bashers need some new material. Say what you want about either one, but you guys have been saying the same thing for last 7-8 months. Even comedians come up with new material time after time.

> Assuming I give 2 sh*ts about people on a forums opinion of me.

This game in no way is a masterpiece.

I'm not even gonna bother with you confused.gif

HOLDMYBALLSACK

i think what annoys everyone is max gayne 3 delayed the release of GTA V so yeh we are obviously gonna be annoyed.

G1T

Playing on PC lets you skip cutscenes.

I watched Totalbiscuits video about MP3, and he couldn't skip the cutscenes (It just said when he tried to skip "Still loading".And he has as good gaming PC as money can buy. I've also watched other people on Youtube and they can't skip them either.

Here's the video:

HydraulicWaRiOr
Can we call it Max Lame 3?

How about Max Pain In The Ass 3?

[supreme]

[supreme]

How about let's shut up and get on topic before this thread gets locked.

[supreme]

Did you guys even played the game?

GTA is not the only thing in the world, you know.

sublimelabs
Playing on PC lets you skip cutscenes.

I watched Totalbiscuits video about MP3, and he couldn't skip the cutscenes (It just said when he tried to skip "Still loading".And he has as good gaming PC as money can buy. I've also watched other people on Youtube and they can't skip them either.

Here's the video:

Huh, I guess it's just some of them, then? Pretty sure it loads faster anyway.

monsterjamp

[supreme]

Did you guys even played the game?

GTA is not the only thing in the world, you know.

You guys are going off topic. This might get locked.

OT: Anyways does anyone else think R* Support gave away this way too easily? I feel like this is one of those things R* Support is not allowed to say.

Ok, reading some of this speculation and misinformation was getting to me so i actually bothered to sign up because I am just that kind of idiot.

Firstly, whoever said something about them having an unfinished "1.0" version of the game - 1.0 is the first release build of anything. Every build before release is a 0.? build of a game as version 1.0 is the end product. 1.1 being a patched version etc.

The person who mentioned testers being hired a couple months ago. They will likely have a stock team of QA permanently employed to test the game from an almost unplayable early build with a world that has no textures and half broken features as well as a flat out hot-mess game that barely works. Thje testers they hire towards the end of a development cycle are likely temps and are there for the famous "crunch" period.

The fact that a trailer exists does mean that a lot of stuff is done and certainly most of the mission structure and story will have been sorted lang ago as that all requires sounds recording and writing and all sorts of crap. Saying a trailer gave the impression the game is "90% done" is like suggesting a picture of a man from the neck up wearing a hat means he is definately nude. you cannot tell anything from only what they show as they are unlikely to show any part of the game that appears unfinished.

Whoever it was that basically suggested the game was finished and awaiting marketing is a tool. the reason so many games have so many bugs in them on release is because every game is being made down to the wire and most get delayed because they simply are not ready. the idea that they got the game "perfect" and decided to just sit on it instead of polishing and bug fixing is ridiculous.

I understand some if not all the people saying these things will not have worked in or have a working knowledge of the games industry, but if that is the case, stop passing off your misinformation to others as fact because you sound foolish. Chances are, if GTA is out in a few months, considering it's size, most if not everything is "in place" and all their work from now on is testing, bug fixing, optimising and polishing because there must be soooo many things to check and double check in that game. There is a point in the development of any game where they stop changing anything that isn't broken, stop adding new features, then stop adding assets (artwork, models and the like) and eventually stop fixing any bug that isn't a guaranteed progression stopper. it's a triage system towards the end, plain and simple. The frinds list, phone idea should have been submitted a year and a half ago at least to have a decent shot of making it in.

monsterjamp

Ok, reading some of this speculation and misinformation was getting to me so i actually bothered to sign up because I am just that kind of idiot.

Firstly, whoever said something about them having an unfinished "1.0" version of the game - 1.0 is the first release build of anything. Every build before release is a 0.? build of a game as version 1.0 is the end product. 1.1 being a patched version etc.

The person who mentioned testers being hired a couple months ago. They will likely have a stock team of QA permanently employed to test the game from an almost unplayable early build with a world that has no textures and half broken features as well as a flat out hot-mess game that barely works. Thje testers they hire towards the end of a development cycle are likely temps and are there for the famous "crunch" period.

The fact that a trailer exists does mean that a lot of stuff is done and certainly most of the mission structure and story will have been sorted lang ago as that all requires sounds recording and writing and all sorts of crap. Saying a trailer gave the impression the game is "90% done" is like suggesting a picture of a man from the neck up wearing a hat means he is definately nude. you cannot tell anything from only what they show as they are unlikely to show any part of the game that appears unfinished.

Whoever it was that basically suggested the game was finished and awaiting marketing is a tool. the reason so many games have so many bugs in them on release is because every game is being made down to the wire and most get delayed because they simply are not ready. the idea that they got the game "perfect" and decided to just sit on it instead of polishing and bug fixing is ridiculous.

I understand some if not all the people saying these things will not have worked in or have a working knowledge of the games industry, but if that is the case, stop passing off your misinformation to others as fact because you sound foolish. Chances are, if GTA is out in a few months, considering it's size, most if not everything is "in place" and all their work from now on is testing, bug fixing, optimising and polishing because there must be soooo many things to check and double check in that game. There is a point in the development of any game where they stop changing anything that isn't broken, stop adding new features, then stop adding assets (artwork, models and the like) and eventually stop fixing any bug that isn't a guaranteed progression stopper. it's a triage system towards the end, plain and simple. The frinds list, phone idea should have been submitted a year and a half ago at least to have a decent shot of making it in.

I think people who said 1.0 meant 1.0 beta. As in the game is fully playable, but they have to fix bugs and glitches. And I really hope they do have the better phone/friend system.

baguvix_wanrltw

SteeBalls: Nice post, welcome to the forums.

You won't last long here though, logic isn't tolerated.

Also you might want to change "1.0 is the first release build" to "is supposed to be" or "is usually" to be perfectly exact, the rest is obviously (to most...) true.

monsterjamp: Usually (in the case of major game devs, practically always) there is no such thing as a "1.0 beta".

If it's not finished (but more or less close) it should be more like 0.8.

That's also the standard version value of Dreamcast beta games (0.800) because it illustrates that the game is rather far along, yet needs more work before release.

Edited by baguvix_wanrltw

monsterjamp

SteeBalls: Nice post, welcome to the forums.

You won't last long here though, logic isn't tolerated.

Also you might want to change "1.0 is the first release build" to "is supposed to be" or "is usually" to be perfectly exact, the rest is obviously (to most...) true.

monsterjamp: Usually (in the case of major game devs, practically always) there is no such thing as a "1.0 beta".

If it's not finished it should be more like 0.8.

That's also the standard version value of Dreamcast beta games (0.800) because it illustrates that the game is rather far along, yet needs more work before release.

There is 1.00 beta. This is how games are created. Idea>Alpha>Beta>Release>Bug Fix Update>(And for games like COD) DLC>(Again for COD) More Patches

Edit: Most games have an alpha so I guess what you're saying is Alpha 1.00 is when they are ready for the beta?

Edited by monsterjamp

baguvix_wanrltw

First I thought I should correct you again, then I figured I might as well save myself the work because you obviously "know better" and can't be convinced by any evidence.

But maybe I'm wrong, so if you want to learn something see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle or SteeBalls post, or my post.

It doesn't matter anyway, if you want to resort to calling all of your bought-in-store games as "beta" be my guest.

EDIT for your EDIT: There is no such thing as "alpha 1.0" and/or "beta 1.0". There is alpha (think 0.01 - <= 0.3), and beta (think: 0.3 to 0.99), and release (and a few more before and in between and possibly after). But release version is supposed to be 1.0.

EDIT2: ah, didn't see you were the OP. That explains a lot.

Also, FYI, version numbers are incremental, meaning there is no such thing as "alpha 1.0" and "beta 1.0" of a game.

Version numbers are usually incremented by 0.01 or 0.001 when new changes are committed into the main code repository, google "version control software".

Edited by baguvix_wanrltw