GTA is Done

monsterjamp

wtf is your problem i have done nothign to you or anyone i dont get the hate im am recieving?

cuz ppl are already pissed off and ur making it worst

HOLDMYBALLSACK
wtf is your problem i have done nothign to you or anyone i dont get the hate im am recieving?

ok i will stop posting for a few hours if that helps... and will rethink what i post in futurure

G1T

Doland J. Trump

You've been spamming since the day you got here...just leave

GTALibertyIII
they are just guessing they don't know anything they know as much as we do

This. Looks like clear bluffing. GTAForums has more info than the link posted by the Author.

Doland J. Trump
ok damn didnt know i was hated so much, ill be on my way then sad.gif

Or you could start contributing to the community instead of writing useless crap? smile.gif

What is a "build model" ? Kind of like the skeleton of a game so to speak, the basic functions and landscape of a game?

Kind of interesting that they would send specifics like this randomly, unless of course it's 100% fake. But after 4+ years I would hope they have the game close to completion.

I'm guessing that it's a build version (all the games have it), like for example GTA IV patches had 1.0.1.0, 1.0.2.0 etc. I think he meant that the last build has been finished, tested and ready to roll.

damn I just realized that the Housers are probably sitting in their office and playing GTA V. DAMN IT!!!

FazeGhost64

ok i will stop posting for a few hours if that helps... and will rethink what i post in futurure

Try a few years.

It'll be for the best.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing happened on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

#FACT:No GTA V at E3 2012

2405 user posted imageuser posted image

[Moron]

ok damn didnt know i was hated so much, ill be on my way then  sad.gif

Or you could start contributing to the community instead of writing useless crap? smile.gif

no he can f*ck off

user posted image

I hope they are entering the last fase of development because if they are not, you can even forget an early 2013 release.

RomansMoobs

Average age of users above me: 14

I won't believe anything unless it shows up in the newswire.

You guys are IDIOTS. Everyone can write email like this one. Do you have Firefox? Use Firebug. It's f*cking simple, and all emails like this is FAKE AND GAY. END

You guys are IDIOTS. Everyone can write email like this one. Do you have Firefox? Use Firebug. It's f*cking simple, and all emails like this is FAKE AND GAY. END

How can an email be gay? ph34r.gif

user posted image

How can an email be gay? ph34r.gif

user posted image

'fake and gay' is like a meme. it's just an expression.

user posted image

I'm not sure why everyone keeps referring to the trailer, "From the trailer in looks finished" or other comments like that. The trailer wasn't in-game footage. I think there are only a few members on this forum who are actually old enough to purchase GTA V.

Yes a 2012 release date would be nice but it's highly likely that we will see a 2012 release date and arguing and moaning isn't going to make it a 2012 release date happen.

Edited by DrewyR

I'm not sure why everyone keeps referring to the trailer, "From the trailer in looks finished" or other comments like that. The trailer wasn't in-game footage.

There's absolutely no reason to believe that. There's no precedent for Rockstar releasing a target render trailer except Team Bondi's L.A. Noire teaser in 2006 which was justifiable because the PS3 hardware wasn't final yet. I can find no other trailer in the history of Rockstar that is not in-game footage.

Doing a target render for a GTA V trailer makes even less sense when you consider that most of what was seen could have been done, even if GTA V was barely developed, by modding GTA IV with a new map and assets then capturing gameplay. That would be easier than faking it as an animated movie. The idea the trailer was fake just makes no sense.

gsbadreligion
i hope they release this game soon but i have yet to play RDR so i have plenty to occupy my time

also have yet to play skyrim and mass effect 2 and 3

so yeh i got plenty to keep me a busy bee

Dude, go to your local game store, asap, and pick up Red Dead Redemption. I promise, you won't regret it.

i got red dead redemption goty edition and just never got into it honestly.

GTA 5's trailer is in game footage.The footage was staged though, as in they told everything what to do, and is not gameplay... but it is still in game footage using all elements in game.

GTA 5's trailer is in game footage.The footage was staged though, as in they told everything what to do, and is not gameplay... but it is still in game footage using all elements in game.

I think driving and flying were captured gameplay because there was nothing seen that couldn't be done with GTA IV's engine, including flying the planes, considering that Rockstar has access to all the leftover GTA SA plane handling that modders could only tinker with.

A scene like the cops chasing the guy down the alley could actually be filmed in multiplayer with tags turned off. They don't need missions, AI, or cutscenes to be done to make a scene like that, just well developed character models and animations and the same controls from GTA IV.

I think the ped animations seen in the trailer are what we will see them doing in free roam and were meant to represent what the AI will do. Whether Rockstar used triggers to make them perform these animations on cue while capturing footage isn't too relevant at that stage. Again, I ask people to look at the sophistication of the first RDR trailer compared to GTA IV/EFLC. The GTA V trailer being in-game and mostly gameplay should not be so hard to accept! It wasn't that far beyond what's come before.

Edited by Magic_Al

This basically means that the game is in alpha/ pre-alpha.

A lot of people in this topic have misunderstood.

Beta... Pre-alpha and Alpha never mean that the game is virtually playable, it'd have a lot of bugs and glitches.

Well, it has already been partially said in an email they sent some time ago. This one:

Crepin N., Jun 08 03:11 pm (EDT):

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical support. We sincerely thank you for the interest in GTA V. Unfortunately, we currently do not have any information to make public about our next game. Please bear with us as we focus on solving issues that would impede on your fun and enjoyment of the upcoming game.

Thank you for your patience and consideration.

Best Regards,

Crepin N

It means that they are probably already working on the bugs they found during the creation process.

Rockstar is just waiting for the right time to make the hype stand up again.

Well, it has already been partially said in an email they sent some time ago. This one:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical support. We sincerely thank you for the interest in GTA V. Unfortunately, we currently do not have any information to make public about our next game. Please bear with us as we focus on solving issues that would impede on your fun and enjoyment of the upcoming game.

Best Regards,

Crepin N

It means that they are probably already working on the bugs they found during the creation process.

Someone needs to give you a medal, for laying it out as it is and understanding how the response was actually phrased.

Kudos to you.

FilipinoGoblin

Hello,

Best Regards,

Crepin N

You sir, cookie.gif

It's not done. The release is months ahead, why would they keep the game hidden if it was complete? I don't think they're dumb enough to finish developing 2 games at almost the same time, and then release one and be forced to wait to release the other.

G1T

UltraMaximum

Obviously the basic skeleton of the game is done by now... it's been four years.

But they have to workout the graphics, coding issues, physics and details (almost everything is in the details).

RedLightsBlueNights
Obviously the basic skeleton of the game is done by now... it's been four years.

But they have to workout the graphics, coding issues, physics and details (almost everything is in the details).

They don't have to work out the physics because it's coded into the engine. I'd think that after several months after the first trailer, they'd be done with all the textures and models. I think that they just need bug fixes. Mostly major ones right now.

The beauty with GTA is that the hype may of died completely but the minute they release a new trailer then the hype will be back at the top. R* know they do not need to invest in long term PR to keep the attention going.

FilipinoGoblin
It's not done. The release is months ahead, why would they keep the game hidden if it was complete? I don't think they're dumb enough to finish developing 2 games at almost the same time, and then release one and be forced to wait to release the other.

They thought Max Gayne 3 was going to be a big smash hit but it turns out it failed and in my opinion sucked ass after playing through the singleplayer once and trying multiplayer in a lobby with 2 people.

The marketing for it is not over.

I think driving and flying were captured gameplay because there was nothing seen that couldn't be done with GTA IV's engine, including flying the planes, considering that Rockstar has access to all the leftover GTA SA plane handling that modders could only tinker with.

A scene like the cops chasing the guy down the alley could actually be filmed in multiplayer with tags turned off. They don't need missions, AI, or cutscenes to be done to make a scene like that, just well developed character models and animations and the same controls from GTA IV.

I think the ped animations seen in the trailer are what we will see them doing in free roam and were meant to represent what the AI will do. Whether Rockstar used triggers to make them perform these animations on cue while capturing footage isn't too relevant at that stage. Again, I ask people to look at the sophistication of the first RDR trailer compared to GTA IV/EFLC. The GTA V trailer being in-game and mostly gameplay should not be so hard to accept! It wasn't that far beyond what's come before.

In-game footage and gameplay footage are 2 completely different things.

Gameplay means that the game is being controlled by the player.

In-game footage is exactly what the V trailer was. Not gameplay.

Good example of a gameplay trailer :