GTA is Done

monsterjamp

Death2Drugs

Taking this with a grain of salt. If they're finished with the game, why not start marketing it? Plus, there is some gap for a release date (possibly as late as May 2013).

TheGreene2010

Who goes to Rockstar Support to ask if things are or aren't in a game? Don't they have a place called mouthoff for that... and, and who's to say he's lying just so he can deal with REAL problems, you know like the freezing problems in Max Payne 3 or something. /rantwithahintofsarcasm biggrin.gif

I don't really care what you do I'm just being sarcastic.

Ferocious Banger

So finally we can put an end to the "Is GTAV developement complete?" topic.

Taking this with a grain of salt. If they're finished with the game, why not start marketing it? Plus, there is some gap for a release date (possibly as late as May 2013).

MP3 marketing. Sure the game has been out for a month, but the marketing isn't quite done yet. IIRC I read somewhere that MP3 marketing "season" would continue a little bit into June.

Also people really don't remember San Andreas much do they? First trailer released in August, game released in October. Just because it's "standard" nowdays for games to be released years after the first trailer, doesn't necessarily mean GTA V will follow that botched formula. For all we know GTA V will be in the spotlight before July 1st, with a release date of October 2012.

almostrodney

I don't believe it, since when has help and support been a place in which official announcements like this should come from, surely its something that should be said on newswire.

Ugh, another poster who thinks everyone is going to believe Rockstar contacted them back with inside information. Good Lord people, are you 12?

The game was rumoured to be around 80% done last year way before we even knew about the trailer with only side missions and minigames left to add. They're probably focusing on voicework, bugs and multiplayer but since this is supposed to be their biggest game, finding and fixing bugs is going to be a looong process.

Edited by Gregers08

mooonlights
last time i checked GTA V is in" full development " tounge.gif

well they can't say anything else

Troll_Hunter

This is actually not referring to the game, rather to the phone features in the game..

Exactly.

Magnet_man16

When coding, Like myself you make your product and test it to sh*t. Once thats done you create a build this will need further testing then you can market it and finally release it. Basically they are near to completion. smile.gif

So i would guess they are around 93% development.

Edited by Magnet_man16

Ugh, another poster who thinks everyone is going to believe Rockstar contacted them back with inside information. Good Lord people, are you 12?

Rockstar Support has consistently been the place where Rockstar people reply personally to polite inquiries from us regarding GTAV. They give concise answers, like this, which seem to actually contain some active, slightly useful comment / info that addresses the question asked, instead of the equivalent of a useless "no comment."

We can debate in this forum whether the support people actually know anything at all about the state of GTAV development or marketing, and what they are allowed to say, but in any case, I am impressed with their polite responsiveness.

Seems legit. This is cool, I didn't even think it was 3/4 done confused.gif

... 3/4? Do you even know what a build model is?

cant remember

This topic is pointless and doesn't mean sh*t. The game isn't "done", it's just too far into development to still change features.

I'm having a hard time trying to understand why some people refuse to believe a 2012 release date is possible. As far as I am concerned there are more things in favour of a 2012 release, as opposed to early/mid 2013.

- Take Two's projected earnings

- IMDB's posted release date and game status of 'post-production'

- Several 'leaked' (and i use that word lightly as anyone could have made them) Rockstar resumes.

- GTA's affiliation with the month of October.

I probably left a few out, but an October/November release really makes sense to me.

I'll give my 2c. Some of these dates might be very close I know.

2008-2009: Planning

Early 2010: Beginning of base and engine development

Mid 2010: Map and characters

Late 2010: Map drawing and modelling phase

Early 2011: Completed first part of the game

Mid 2011: Half of Los Santos modelled, story planned and introduced into the game

Late 2011: Trailer hype, development slowed down. Game was 35% completed by the time, showing only some map chunks optimized for the trailer.

Early 2012: Continuation of map development and bug-fixing

Mid 2012: Pre-beta/beta testing (Trailer #2)

Late 2012: Search for more bugs and insert what's remaining. Search for bugs again. (Trailer #3?)

Early 2013: Preparation for game release, release candidate testing for bug-hunting (or.. Trailer #3?)

Mid 2013: Release.

This looks pretty realistic to me.

Also they had to write the entire script before doing anything.

Engine development already started before Table Tennis. All untill your mid 2011, already happened before 2011. But not completed, just rought beginning. Then finishing/polishing started and of course extra tweaking. So basically we will have soon a year of finishing a game.

leik oh em jeez!

Rockstar Support has consistently been the place where Rockstar people reply personally to polite inquiries from us regarding GTAV. They give concise answers, like this, which seem to actually contain some active, slightly useful comment / info that addresses the question asked, instead of the equivalent of a useless "no comment."

We can debate in this forum whether the support people actually know anything at all about the state of GTAV development or marketing, and what they are allowed to say, but in any case, I am impressed with their polite responsiveness.

Do you not understand that the production manager and customer support are not the same person?

i didnt even take my time to read this fake...still no official news, waiting goes on..lock

Do you not understand that the production manager and customer support are not the same person?

Wow. I never would have figured that out if you had not enlightened me sarcasm.gif

The two issues of interest in this thread are:

Issue 1. Is this real? Did Rockstar support actually write that reply? I say yes. I got a direct and specific reply when I asked Rockstar support if we were at least going to get screenshots. The answer was "you will be getting a lot more than screenshots."

Issue 2. How do the responses from Rockstar Support correlate to actual information on game status? Do they get bulletins or guidelines from the production or marketing departments, or do they just make up stuff? I don't know. Do you?

They an Alpha. Terriffic. Congrats, some of the coders mustve finally sobered up and done some work. Too bad this isnt 2010.

Do you ever stop moaning?!

mooonlights

Wow. I never would have figured that out if you had not enlightened me sarcasm.gif

Issue 1. Is this real? Did Rockstar support actually write that reply? I say yes. I got a direct and specific reply when I asked Rockstar support if we were at least going to get screenshots. The answer was "you will be getting a lot more than screenshots."

Issue 2. How do the responses from Rockstar Support correlate to actual information on game status? Do they get bulletins or guidelines from the production or marketing departments, or do they just make up stuff? I don't know. Do you?

Show us that?

They were talking about GTA 5 and not the whole GTA Series. They didn't say that the series is over and Dan Houser has no other idea without scratching his ass.

Simple words: They have finished GTA 5's project and checked if anything was missing. Now they won't take suggestions related to adding new feature because they have created GTA 5.

They weren't speaking about GTA Series so be happy. They will continue making GTA projects and DLCs.

They were talking about GTA 5 and not the whole GTA Series. They didn't say that the series is over and Dan Houser has no other idea without scratching his ass.

Simple words: They have finished GTA 5's project and checked if anything was missing. Now they won't take suggestions related to adding new feature because they have created GTA 5.

They weren't speaking about GTA Series so be happy. They will continue making GTA projects and DLCs.

I don't think anybody thinks that the GTA series is finished...

I do think that the game is finished and if not then it is very close to being finished. I still believe we'll have it by October! If we get no info by August then I'll start looking to 2013.

Please remember that R* advertised for play testers back in January (this year) to help specifically with testing V. Depending on how quickly they hired them then the game has been in testing for bugs/glitches for ~4-5 months now!

wildstyle91

Misleading title, GTA is not done, the core might be but there are always things to improve and tweak. They are probably optimizing it for all platforms and adding stuff to multiplayer.

Show us that?

Here it is:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...entry1061193170

What is a "build model" ? Kind of like the skeleton of a game so to speak, the basic functions and landscape of a game?

Kind of interesting that they would send specifics like this randomly, unless of course it's 100% fake. But after 4+ years I would hope they have the game close to completion.

build model means the landscaping characters cars and guns and everything else is done.

There probably working on cut scenes now

HOLDMYBALLSACK

if you look at rockstar game builders twitters most of em seem to be travelling abroad etc... if the game was not complete they would be at rockstar northHQ so i think the game is 100% finished and is just getting tested for bugs..

G1T

if you look at rockstar game builders twitters most of em seem to be travelling abroad etc... if the game was not complete they would be at rockstar northHQ so i think the game is 100% finished and is just getting tested for bugs..

I think you're right.

They are all going on holidays and they advertised for play testers in January. So it seems obvious that all that is left to be done is some tweaking/bug fixing to polish it up (they must be at least 4-5 months into that!). I wouldn't be surprised if they were starting work on the DLC soon to be honest.