GTA is Done

monsterjamp

This basically means that the game is in alpha/ pre-alpha.

A lot of people in this topic have misunderstood.

Finn 7 five 11

Thank-you for this email R* support, i had nooo idea that you guys had completed so far, especially not after seeing the trailer rolleyes.gif

Spider-Vice

GTA5 is in Beta Stages

Mid 2009 = Pre-alpha

Early 2010 = Alpha

Mid 2011- = Alpha Test

Late 2011 = Hitting Beta Stage

Early 2012 = Beta

Mid 2012 = Open and closed beta/Release candidate

Late 2012 = Release

GTA5 Trailer 2 June 20-July 29 2012

I'll give my 2c. Some of these dates might be very close I know.

2008-2009: Planning

Early 2010: Beginning of base and engine development

Mid 2010: Map and characters

Late 2010: Map drawing and modelling phase

Early 2011: Completed first part of the game

Mid 2011: Half of Los Santos modelled, story planned and introduced into the game

Late 2011: Trailer hype, development slowed down. Game was 35% completed by the time, showing only some map chunks optimized for the trailer.

Early 2012: Continuation of map development and bug-fixing

Mid 2012: Pre-beta/beta testing (Trailer #2)

Late 2012: Search for more bugs and insert what's remaining. Search for bugs again. (Trailer #3?)

Early 2013: Preparation for game release, release candidate testing for bug-hunting (or.. Trailer #3?)

Mid 2013: Release.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

FazeGhost64

You are a fool indeed OP.

Sir, you may now do us a favour and ask Sony Support when the PS4 will come out.

Lord have mercy.

#FACT:GTA V is coming out in 2013.

#FACT:Nothing happened on the 24th of May 2012. (Other than uncontrollable laughter.)

#FACT:No GTA V at E3 2012

2405 user posted imageuser posted image

[Moron]

mooonlights
GTA5 is in Beta Stages

Mid 2009 = Pre-alpha

Early 2010 = Alpha

Mid 2011- = Alpha Test

Late 2011 = Hitting Beta Stage

Early 2012 = Beta

Late 2012 = Release

GTA5 Trailer 2 June 20-July 29 2012

Mid 2011: Half of Los Santos modelled, story planned and introduced into the game

Late 2011: Trailer hype, development slowed down. Game was 35% completed by the time, showing only some map chunks optimized for the trailer.

Late 2012: Search for more bugs and insert what's remaining. Search for bugs again. (Trailer #3?)

Early 2013: Preparation for game release, release candidate testing for bug-hunting (or.. Trailer #3?)

no.

This looks pretty realistic to me.

Also they had to write the entire script before doing anything.

Doland J. Trump

I think some of us are forgetting even 2K said at their conference call they needed the $2 a share before March 2013, so that obviously means GTA will be out by then. There is no possible way that Bioshock will get them that.

This is actually not referring to the game, rather to the phone features in the game..

I know, it's like no one even read it...

This doesn't mean GTA V is done at all - hell it doesn't even mean the phone/multiplayer features are done - all it means is that they have the phone/multiplayer features layed out and agreed upon (which we already knew that about the multiplayer when they commented on crews working between MP3 and GTA V).

So this really doesn't confirm, or mean, anything that we didn't already know.

I think some of us are forgetting even 2K said at their conference call they needed the $2 a share before March 2013, so that obviously means GTA will be out by then. There is no possible way that Bioshock will get them that.

Don't you mean Take Two? 2K has nothing to do with GTA.

Sorryunlucky

Yeah, considering mid-2012 is already gone. As of June.

Edited by Sorryunlucky

If the game is completed, then why did the email start with the word "Unfortunately"?

mooonlights
If the game is completed, then why did the email start with the word "Unfortunately"?

because they are unable to add the suggestion

because they are unable to add the suggestion

Ah, I stand corrected. My bad. tounge.gif

why not? bioshock infinite was one of the most anticipated game before watch dogs etc hype came in

HydraulicWaRiOr
user posted image

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/gtavo.png/

Jeremy M, Jun 16 05:19 pm (EDT):

Hi monsterjamp

Unfortunately the build model is completed for the game, but if you'd like to make a suggestion for GTA V, please visit:

http://rockstargames.com/mouthoff

Cheers,

Jeremy M

I have to go I just made this topic really quick.

Lol that's my name.

Good find monocle.gif

[supreme]

why not? bioshock infinite was one of the most anticipated game before watch dogs etc hype came in

Not even Red Dead Redemption gave Take Two a $2 share so there is no in hell that Bioshock Infinite will. The only game that is capable of doing it is GTA.

user posted image

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/gtavo.png/

Jeremy M, Jun 16 05:19 pm (EDT):

Hi monsterjamp

Unfortunately the build model is completed for the game, but if you'd like to make a suggestion for GTA V, please visit:

http://rockstargames.com/mouthoff

Cheers,

Jeremy M

I have to go I just made this topic really quick.

You're supposed to copy the forum embed code which is found on the right of that link you posted.

user posted image

Also, they said if you have a suggestion to send it to mouthoff, however mouthoff always say that they never use suggestions. whatsthat.gif

G1T

GTA36362355

Why is no one pointing out that finally Rockstar have started replying to most questions regarding GTA V??

I feel we can stick to an October/March release now. Next info will come latest by August.

FilipinoGoblin
Why is no one pointing out that finally Rockstar have started replying to most questions regarding GTA V??

I feel we can stick to an October/March release now. Next info will come latest by August.

Really? Where are some questions regarding V that have been replied to with a reply other than "Off-Topic" or "We cannot say".

"Build model" probably doesn't mean the game is done, as in finished and ready for release. GTA V will have been in a playable state for ages, it just wasn't content complete. I assume that the guy (assuming it's real) means that all the content is done and they're not looking to add anything to the game now, just doing the final round of testing and bug fixing which can take months.

I doubt this is real. Why would they tell some random person this? They would have at least said this in an interview or something.

ChillyPhilly

After scraping the bottom of the bucket since January, most of us will happily take it.

If you think about how a GTA game works, free roam gameplay can be up and running long before missions are done. That's especially true when it's a sequel on the same generation hardware. You'd have something you could play with if it was just TBOGT with the map, characters, and vehicles replaced and positioned, but no story or missions yet.

leik oh em jeez!

You DO realize that he just told you that so you wouldn't spam customer support with suggestions, right?

After scraping the bottom of the bucket since January, most of us will happily take it.

This

i'm really glad the game is finished, if it's true i mean