GTA is Done

monsterjamp

monsterjamp

user posted image

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/gtavo.png/

Jeremy M, Jun 16 05:19 pm (EDT):

Hi monsterjamp

Unfortunately the build model is completed for the game, but if you'd like to make a suggestion for GTA V, please visit:

http://rockstargames.com/mouthoff

Cheers,

Jeremy M

I have to go I just made this topic really quick.

Edit: Sorry I did not have enough time to finish this thread.

What I think it means

I'm not sure what they meant by build model, but I think it means they have all the features and missions layed out. Which means they are probably working on improving graphics, bug fixes, and porting the game.

Also my suggestion was about the friend system. And the person that replied, replied in a somewhat negative way. Which could imply the friend system is the same as GTA IV's.

Edit(Again): I PM'd GTA5Videos to make a video about it. (So if you're coming from YouTube please don't criticize about GTA5Videos stealing info from these forums.)

Edit (2013): Why are you people bumping this? This is a very, very old thread. biggrin.gif GTA V is obviously more than playable right now.

Edited by monsterjamp

Shreddy Krueger

What is a "build model" ? Kind of like the skeleton of a game so to speak, the basic functions and landscape of a game?

Kind of interesting that they would send specifics like this randomly, unless of course it's 100% fake. But after 4+ years I would hope they have the game close to completion.

jackass2009
What is a "build model" ? Kind of like the skeleton of a game so to speak, the basic functions and landscape of a game?

Kind of interesting that they would send specifics like this randomly, unless of course it's 100% fake. But after 4+ years I would hope they have the game close to completion.

If I remember right, it's saying that the game is virtually playable. You know, like version 1.00 of a game.

HOLDMYBALLSACK

i hope they release this game soon but i have yet to play RDR so i have plenty to occupy my time

also have yet to play skyrim and mass effect 2 and 3

so yeh i got plenty to keep me a busy bee

G1T

they are just guessing they don't know anything they know as much as we do

No, it's not great. It only means that "skeleton" of game is completed. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Niko9401

ViceCityFTW

I doubt they know anything CONCRETE about the game, but they maybe could be aware of build milestones so this could be good news.

Shreddy Krueger

If I remember right, it's saying that the game is virtually playable. You know, like version 1.00 of a game.

Ah okay cool. thanks for the tips, man. Well then if this is true then that's pretty cool news. We can assume that there's a functioning, playable GTA in existence. I guess that makes sense what with the testers they hired a few months back. I imagine you need at least some form of a functioning game in order to test it, right?

ViceCityFTW

Yea..."great" news. Virtually playable is not what I want to hear about big ass game coming 6-10 months from now. You don't want to show "virtually playable" game to press. You show finished, or almost finished product if its game like GTAV. If its game like any other, your team has to "crunch" for some time to perfect intended part of the game to show to a press. That level has to be "retail" quality.

Edited by ViceCityFTW

This is actually not referring to the game, rather to the phone features in the game..

i hope they release this game soon but i have yet to play RDR so i have plenty to occupy my time

also have yet to play skyrim and mass effect 2 and 3

so yeh i got plenty to keep me a busy bee

Dude, go to your local game store, asap, and pick up Red Dead Redemption. I promise, you won't regret it.

They an Alpha. Terriffic. Congrats, some of the coders mustve finally sobered up and done some work. Too bad this isnt 2010.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

superhobo666

well first of all, Yahoo mail has a terrible UI, I can't see anywhere showing it's a legit Rockstar email.

second a support ticket email can be pretty easily faked.

This actually means that the game is done because if the game was not final then they can still add or remove things, such as the feature OP mentioned. From the looks of Trailer #1, the game seemed 90% finished and last year Gamespot reported that GTAV was done and was having final touches applied such as mini-games and what not and they got that info from an insider.

Safe to say the game is done by now and is awaiting marketing. They are probably working on GTA V DLC by now.

AnotherDave

Understanding what is meant by 'build model' is key here. A game being in a playable state, which I would certainly assume GTA V is at this stage, doesn't mean that it's ready to go gold. It doesn't even necessarily mean that all the game needs is a bit of spit and polish and a few bugs worked out. Playable builds of games are often complete much early that most would assume.

hW0sZKX.png

Doland J. Trump
well first of all, Yahoo mail has a terrible UI, I can't see anywhere showing it's a legit Rockstar email.

second a support ticket email can be pretty easily faked.

It's probably the most legit email on GTA forums

GTA5 is in Beta Stages

Mid 2009 = Pre-alpha

Early 2010 = Alpha

Mid 2011- = Alpha Test

Late 2011 = Hitting Beta Stage

Early 2012 = Beta

Mid 2012 = Open and closed beta/Release candidate

Late 2012 = Release

GTA5 Trailer 2 June 20-July 29 2012

Edited by ZeeKid2k10

GTA5 is in Beta Stages

Mid 2009 = Pre-alpha

Early 2010 = Alpha

Mid 2011- = Alpha Test

Early 2012 = Beta

Late 2012 = Release

I HIGHLY doubt OPEN beta for gta v, never happened to my knowledge for any gta. Quote me if I'm wrong

EDIT: oops Halo_Override beat me to it

Edited by JStarr31

HOLDMYBALLSACK

more chance of dinosaurs being the master creators of humans than GTA having an open beta, which would ruin the game.

G1T

We pretty much knew this.. I don't think the areas just outside of frame in the trailer were just incomplete black holes.. Or maybe they were.. And I actually believe we'll be seeing something huge coming at the end of this month.. Especially considering Max Payne didn't sell as well as they were hoping..

Doland J. Trump
GTA5 is in Beta Stages

Mid 2009 = Pre-alpha

Early 2010 = Alpha

Mid 2011- = Alpha Test

Early 2012 = Beta

Late 2012 = Release

if your predictions are true this strengthens my belief for a December 2012 release