Gta V/IV

Pilotmonkey

Pilotmonkey

Do you think that rockstar will create dual packs or Trilogies? GTA 3 VC AND sa were in a trilogy pack... -_- that i almost bought but someone bought the next day >_> Maybe GTA IV comeplete edition with GTA V which might sell for $60-70 or €47-55 and has some special content for both games? Tell me your opinion

ATastyCookie

It would be nice, but pretty much everyone who is buying V will already have IV

ATastyCookie

Special content as in exclusive items only available to those who buy the pack?

Pilotmonkey

I guess or you could preorder the game its self of buy the content

@Holdmyballsack

Someone's a busy little troll today. alien.gif

OT:

I'm sure a dual pack featuring complete editions of IV/V would sell anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million copies, based on how the III-era dual packs performed. Wouldn't expect it till Christmas 2013 at the earliest, though.

Pilotmonkey

@Holdmyballsack

Someone's a busy little troll today.  alien.gif

OT:

I'm sure a dual pack featuring complete editions of IV/V would sell anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million copies, based on how the III-era dual packs performed.  Wouldn't expect it till Christmas 2013 at the earliest, though.

THIS, AND hes also a newbie lol @Holdmyballsack STFU

Pilotmonkey

well since you get GTA IV does it have to mean that you have to play it? NO.

Do you think that rockstar will create dual packs or Trilogies? GTA 3 VC AND sa were in a trilogy pack... -_- that i almost bought but someone bought the next day >_> Maybe GTA IV comeplete edition with GTA V which might sell for $60-70 or €47-55 and has some special content for both games? Tell me your opinion

If it were to happen, it would be $80-$90 because new games are $60 by themselves.

Pilotmonkey

Ok a limited edition of V then? Kinda what BF3 did? Gives you special content

^^^

Good point. They probably wouldn't release it until next gen consoles were on the way and they could afford a $60 price tag... Maybe 2014 then?

What about a Special Edition with Max Payne 3 and GTA V ? Wouldn't we all love that to happen ?

The GTA 4 pack was the complete edition. GTA 4, lost and damned, and ballad of gay tony were all a series, just as GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas were all a series.

I highly, highly doubt GTA 4 and GTA 5 would be put in the same package together. The only special pack GTA 5 would get would either be a special edition bundle with an HD version of San Andreas, or a complete edition, like GTA 4 did with the expansions.

There would be no point, no one would ever play IV again after putting V in.

I will. I love Liberty City biggrin.gif

People still play San Andreas after they put IV in.

People still play Vice City after they put San Andreas in.

And so on...

mbunleashed09

Gta IV has nothing to do with V

VC & SA only came in the same pack because they were part of III

IV,BOGT,LAD were one pack like the III series.......V will be a whole different series (same era different series)

III

Vice City.

San Andreas.

IV

Lost & Damned.

Ballad of Gay Tony.

V

?

?

Rockstar have released all 3 III era games in one package. Same goes for the IV era games. V era will be no exception. I would prefer to buy all 3 games at once on the one disc but there is no way I can wait for that! I'll be buying V then the DLC when it comes out on physical disc (I hate downloading games).

Edited by mntns86

HOLDMYBALLSACK

There would be no point, no one would ever play IV again after putting V in.

I will. I love Liberty City biggrin.gif

People still play San Andreas after they put IV in.

People still play Vice City after they put San Andreas in.

And so on...

yeh but san andreas and vice city were actually good games

G1T

I also saw that III/VC/SA triple-pack recently on Amazon or BestBuy for $20, and I was thinking of picking it up to dabble with these games again, while waiting for GTAV.

Yes, years later, after all of the HD GTA games and their DLC have passed their original sales spurts and have tapped out at $30 price points, I am pretty sure they will bundle GTAIV, TLAD, TBOGT, GTAV and the GTAV DLCs in a single pack, probably for $30 or $40, for people to replay them on newer hardware or PC, or because they lost or sold the originals, and for people who did not get a chance to play them before.

It is a typical long tail sales strategy, selling perhaps a million units or so as someone suggested.

Plus we will need something to play on PC or on our next gen consoles, while waiting for GTA6 in 2020.

That will be about the same time that they port GTAIV to mobiles.

III

Vice City.

San Andreas.

IV

Lost & Damned.

Ballad of Gay Tony.

V

?

?

Rockstar have released all 3 III era games in one package. Same goes for the IV era games. V era will be no exception. I would prefer to buy all 3 games at once on the one disc but there is no way I can wait for that! I'll be buying V then the DLC when it comes out on physical disc (I hate downloading games).

Please don't compare VC and SA to TLAD and TBOGT. VC and SA were their own games that introduced new maps, this is not true of TLAD or TBOGT. They're closer to LCS and VCS than VC or SA. If anything, III-VC-SA are paralleled this gen by IV-RDR-V. Welcome to next gen: the roman numerals don't mean sh*t anymore.

III

Vice City.

San Andreas.

IV

Lost & Damned.

Ballad of Gay Tony.

V

?

?

Please don't compare VC and SA to TLAD and TBOGT. VC and SA were their own games that introduced new maps, this is not true of TLAD or TBOGT. They're closer to LCS and VCS than VC or SA. If anything, III-VC-SA are paralleled this gen by IV-RDR-V. Welcome to next gen: the roman numerals don't mean sh*t anymore.

no, mntns86 is right, and he is not comparing anything. He is stating the list of the GTA games in their places.

leik oh em jeez!

III

Vice City.

San Andreas.

IV

Lost & Damned.

Ballad of Gay Tony.

V

?

?

2D era:

GTA

GTA II

3D era:

III

VC

SA

-VCS

-LCS

HD era:

IV

V

Expansion packs are not games. If you think they are, then you think there have been ten Call of Duty games released in the past two years.

According to ROCKSTAR, IV and V are in the same era. I thought this discussion was over months ago.

He is stating the list of the GTA games in their places.

Expansion pack =/= game

@OP:

Dual Pack = 2

Trilogy =3

I think a double-pack of GTA IV Complete Edition and GTA V Complete Edition is inevitable. GTA IV and EFLC will be much older than GTA III and Vice City were when they first got bundled with San Andreas.

deathdiggerswe

I'd say it depends on whether the sequel belongs to the HD (IV) era or not

jesusismyairbag

maybe, just to sneak in more money. doubt they'd need that though, but you know what companies are like nowadays.

G1T

THEMANatwar
well since you get GTA IV does it have to mean that you have to play it? NO.

But why would you pay for it if your not going to play it.

I thought the IV era trilogy was IV-LaD-TBoGT