problem after trying to mod, please help

Alekx

I have 2 San andreas folders, one for normal playing and SAMP and the other for modding. I got a mod installed on the modding one and everything was ok, both games worked perfectly until i saw a tutorial telling how to change the player's voice, so i tried it and opened some files on notepad, but when I tried testing it, at the moment of starting a new game, the game crashes. To make sure it was just a bad outcome for trying to mod, i tried to run my normal SA on the other folder and to my surprise it crashes and the loading screen too! it doesnt matter if its a new game or saved game, it crashes at the loading screen.

I tried to find help on this issue but nothing, and I tried other troubleshooting fixes but still nothing.

Please help me forum, I saw some people around the net saying that they change some things on their game with notepad, so I assume there has to be someway to fix this without having to reinstall, I have no idea as to why my normal GTA folder doesn't work, I didn't change anything in there. They only thing to say is that many data files have their opening program as notepad

Please help me fix this

Delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder and you should be fine. If not, then you'll have to reinstall the game.

i tried it but it didn't work, then i tried adding .dat to the name of all files that didn't have it now it wont even open, oh well, i downloaded it but i have the cd anyways. ill have to reinstall it.

Anyways could someone please tell me the correct way to edit data on notepad so this doesnt happen again? smile.gif

Notepad doesn't work for a lot of files, you're trying to convert raw instructions/code/sound/binary to text so that's why you get those weird characters. You need to use specialized editors for a lot of things, or you could seriously **** up your computer.

Go to your

C:\Users\<insert your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games

folder and delete everything in it. That's a cache your PC uses to access some things quicker and your installs may be using the same files for some reason, which would explain the problems.

pkmTc.gif

GTALibertyIII

Notepad should never be used for Modding such things. Use Notepad++ next time. Notepad mess up a few things in some cases. Also, do you use a play disc for playing? If so, use full-installation.

thank you all for your responses, I will now use notepad ++ then, i couldnt fix the error, so i reinstalled everything. Anyways the mod I was trying to make I finally did it. The error probably was caused because i didn't run as admin or something but I tried a different method I saw on youtube and it worked, but I will now use notepad++, I dont want this happening again. thanks biggrin.gif