The Possibility of Super Powers

Inf3rn0

I think that as DLC you should be able to give your player powers. Here are a few examples of similar games that managed to pull it off.

inFamous 2

user posted image

Incredible freedom of movement, intense combat, and an enthralling story make Infamous an impressive open-world action game.

-GameSpot

Infamous is one of my favorite franchises, for many reasons. But the reason I'm using it as an example is because of the way it manages to show not just how cool it is to be able to shoot lightning (among other things) from your fingertips, but also the stress and responsibility that comes with them. Also, it gives you the ability to become a hero or to become an anti-hero, and whichever side you choose makes a large difference in the story. And the choices you make have permanent consequences.

Prototype

user posted image

This open-world action game set in Manhattan is proof that even viral outbreaks can be incredibly fun if they're done right.

-GameSpot

Now I haven't actually played Prototype, so I'll just copy this excerpt from IGN's review.

You are Alex Mercer. What exactly that means is initially unclear because this is a man who has lost his memory, but awoken in a morgue to a world in which he possesses untold power. A viral outbreak has claimed Manhattan, forcing the island into a military quarantine. The infected citizens are undergoing radical, monstrous changes -- none more drastic than Alex himself. This anti-hero finds himself with the ability to shape shift and absorb other beings. As the most powerful being on a closed island, the entire city is your playground.

-IGN

Do you think R* could pull it off? How would the story go? Anything you want to add?

Discuss. tounge2.gif

PS: Please don't post how that would ruin GTA. I'm saying it should be DLC so that you have the choice of doing it.

RedLightsBlueNights

This isn't Saint's Row. Or Prototype. Or inFAMOUS. Or Spider-Man. Or Hulk. Or Superman.

No. if GTA 5 had super powers, I would not buy it.

READ THE POST SCRIPT. I put it there for a reason. suicidal.gif

RedLightsBlueNights

READ THE POST SCRIPT. I put it there for a reason. suicidal.gif

If there was a holiday that was popular enough, besides Halloween, that has super-powers in it, I don't see Rockstar putting them in the game.

Superpowers DLC is a great idea. Maybe 1 or 2 main story DLC's, and then A superpowers DLC out of left field. That'd be sweet.

yeah i hope R* gives superpowers to NeD Luke for example getting 20 years younger .

Death2Drugs

Not to be mean, but I expect a lot of trolls to come and say "nanana this isn't Saints Row The Turd blah blah blah".

Not to be mean, but I expect a lot of trolls to come and say "nanana this isn't Saints Row The Turd blah blah blah".

Unfortunately, it's already started. sad.gif DON'T FEED THE TROLLS! tounge2.gif

I get what your saying, but wouldn't this go against the whole 'realism' concept from Rockstar?

superdrifter101
I think that as DLC you should be able to give your player powers. Here are a few examples of similar games that managed to pull it off.

inFamous 2

user posted image

Incredible freedom of movement, intense combat, and an enthralling story make Infamous an impressive open-world action game.

-GameSpot

Infamous is one of my favorite franchises, for many reasons. But the reason I'm using it as an example is because of the way it manages to show not just how cool it is to be able to shoot lightning (among other things) from your fingertips, but also the stress and responsibility that comes with them. Also, it gives you the ability to become a hero or to become an anti-hero, and whichever side you choose makes a large difference in the story. And the choices you make have permanent consequences.

Prototype

user posted image

This open-world action game set in Manhattan is proof that even viral outbreaks can be incredibly fun if they're done right.

-GameSpot

Now I haven't actually played Prototype, so I'll just copy this excerpt from IGN's review.

You are Alex Mercer. What exactly that means is initially unclear because this is a man who has lost his memory, but awoken in a morgue to a world in which he possesses untold power. A viral outbreak has claimed Manhattan, forcing the island into a military quarantine. The infected citizens are undergoing radical, monstrous changes -- none more drastic than Alex himself. This anti-hero finds himself with the ability to shape shift and absorb other beings. As the most powerful being on a closed island, the entire city is your playground.

-IGN

Do you think R* could pull it off? How would the story go? Anything you want to add?

Discuss. tounge2.gif

PS: Please don't post how that would ruin GTA. I'm saying it should be DLC so that you have the choice of doing it.

GTA Series is Based on reality

user posted image

Troll_Hunter

Rockstar have always included super powers in GTA...it's called cheats. If having the ability to get instant weapons and cash, being able to manipulate the weather and police interest (among other things) isn't super powers then I don't know what its.

Sounds good but, the DLC story would suck because how are going to explain it? And R* would have to do nearly new game.

My answer? Yea, if it is good, why not?

R*’s answer? Hell no.

018361, vagg_ and lukerock24, you are the exact reason I didn't even want to make this tread. I knew it would get spammed and locked. Please, if you don't want it, DON'T BUY THE F*CKING DLC!!!!!!

Hammertime12

Eh R* wouldn't do that. But if they did, I'd buy it. It should be like that movie Chronicle. Shoot, it doesn't have to be dlc, it could be a cheat.

Edited by Hammertime12

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono. And no. Super Powers. Really? If you want to do that, just get the Saints Row Enter The Dominatrix.

user posted image

Rockstar would definitely make it work. Whatever they develop is always quality. Hell, the Undead Nightmare DLC was pretty damn good for RDR. I'm not a fan of the whole the zombie thing but Rockstar at least implemented it well. The gameplay was top notch and it was fun. I assume if they ever did add super powers, they would make it work but they probably won't and I can't say I would really be excited for it because of the type of series GTA is. I'd still get it because I pretty much get anything released by Rockstar and I can almost guarantee it would be fun.

Crimson Flam3s

Or you can just do my simple and genius idea: super powers cheatcode icon14.gif

Discuss. tounge2.gif

LOL what a FAIL.

That is all.

I take the same position on super powers as I do on things like zombies and other non-GTA content.

They are not GTA. I want Rockstar North's GTA development team concentrating on doing the very best crime drama that they can possibly write in the GTA format. I don't want them to get distracted with any non GTA nonsense such as super heroes, zombies or magical f*cking pixies.

No non-GTA cheats. No non-GTA DLCs. Just GTA.

ThisIsHorosho
I get what your saying, but wouldn't this go against the whole 'realism' concept from Rockstar?

pretty much this! ...and omg opener in that case return all other unrealistic sh*t as well for it to be fair...like you know all those fun and crazy to do stuff from San Andreas, which we know for sure won't be back...or even things from Saints Row 2...

Live is Life nana nana na...

Simple answer

NO

And all i want is the normal GTA cheats and this time including the money cheat, please R* return that cheat

ThisIsHorosho

i said if talking seriously then FIRST release all the stuff from games, before R*'s realistic approach, like all those crazy things from San Andreas...release crazy stuff from Saints Row 2 as DLC and only THEN when all of it gets released in a DLC form...release superpowers...why? because its unfair having such an unrealistic crazy thing as superpowers appear first before stuff that makes much more sense in GTA world (relalistic or not...)...i'm talking about priorities here...

Live is Life nana nana na...

Revolution-XW

ONLY as a special DLC or something wouldn't be THAT bad, other than that, obviously no.