The Statistics

xRescue2x

Back to San Andreas, if you pulled one of the levers on your controller, you'd see all of your statistics. Will these return? We did see driving skills, sexual appeal, biking skill, flying, and another one or two. What are your thoughts?

RedLightsBlueNights

To answer the first question, I dunno. To answer the second question, I hope they return, but place it in the stats screen in the pause menu instead. There's too many controls in Rockstar's games now for there to be a button that shows your players stats. Maybe they could place it on the D-Pad since nothing important from GTA or Red Dead goes there.

Fried Chicken

I hope they do. I thought that was one of the things that made SA a bit special.

One thing that makes me think that they WILL make a return is the appearance of the gym in the trailer. I don't think they would include a gym if you couldn't use it (that would be too much of a tease) and it would be pointless to be able to use the gym if it didn't improve the character somehow. Therefore, if you can improve the characters muscle/fitness, there will most likely be more stats that can be improved.

MIKON8ERISBACK

They'd better come back. What good is a bold, new direction without the need to maintain health, stamina, weight, hunger, muscle, and sex appeal? How about hygiene? Remember all those stupid pedestrians that we'd have to reply negatively to that would complain of CJ somehow stinking, meanwhile there is no functional shower anywhere in the game?

I remember some of the women trying to fight with me, and id have to either stab them, shoot them with a pistol once, and as a last resort, shoot them dead.

I hope that if those kinds of stats come back, they are apart of the stats screen. Doing so would give another control for something more useful. I don't really want heavy RPG elements. Or at least give a way to turn it off. The last thing I want is to beat the game and just want to casually play every now and then and create a ruckus, and I don't want to worry about my character getting fat, weak, or hungry. The game would feel like a chore from then on to play, having to lift weights every few times I play, or having to eat. I would at least like a feature to turn off RPG mode.

Or I hope once you improve stats, they stay. Like if you lift weights, once you get to the max, they stay at the max, at least for a long time before coming back down. I hope they don't let your character get fat though. Though... a super fat cheat would be so funny. Turn everyone into 500 pound people.

ThisThatSwag

I want a better stat system. I want perks after getting up a certain skill far enough. Say you

Get really good with pistols you get a double wielding ability. I just hope there's only a couple of skills that detiriate. Like muscle. I want stamina, speed, etc to not detiriate.

I think V will be very heavy on RPG elements.

Oh God, why? What has this world come to...

ToniForelli

Statistics were from GTA III and so on. Statistics will be in GTA V no doubt.

G1T

I think V will be very heavy on RPG elements.

So do I, and I'm looking forward to it.

Good post OP, this is something I've often pondered in this laborious build up to GTA V.

I loved seeing my current sex appeal etc... with the simple push of a button in SA and really hope we get something similar for V.

Maybe they can put it in the inventory area like in RDR

Brilliant!

lol, are you harry potter?

sublimelabs

I'd be happy if they go as far as Red Dead Redemption did. Not sure about heavy RPG elements, it sounds immersive but it all depends on how Rockstar would execute it.

RedLightsBlueNights
Stats ruine games, take a look at first person shooters: "Ohhh my k/d is 5!!!!!! like a boss"

If you would have read the OP, then I wouldn't call you an idiot, but you're an idiot. Or a troll

They'd better come back. What good is a bold, new direction without the need to maintain health, stamina, weight, hunger, muscle, and sex appeal? How about hygiene? Remember all those stupid pedestrians that we'd have to reply negatively to that would complain of CJ somehow stinking, meanwhile there is no functional shower anywhere in the game?

I remember some of the women trying to fight with me, and id have to either stab them, shoot them with a pistol once, and as a last resort, shoot them dead.

It's not bold or new since it was in San Andreas. Personally, as much as I loved SA, I don't want that stuff. It's not fun and its a chore. Maybe an option to turn it off? If its even there.

RedLightsBlueNights
Stats ruine games, take a look at first person shooters: "Ohhh my k/d is 5!!!!!! like a boss"

If you would have read the OP, then I wouldn't call you an idiot, but you're an idiot. Or a troll

My mistake.

OT: That's more RPG ish

It's all good.