How to free space of C.D drive In windows seven

superdrifter101

How to free up space? Ok start with CCleaner, you might be surprised what kind of junk the OS leaves laying around, more so in the temp and internet temp folders.

Next use something like TreeSize Free http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/

After it's installed you can right-click on a folder or drive and see what folders are taking up the most space. which you can drill down through.

Something that won't free up a lot of space over all but can help to some degree plus it just gets rid of useless things you don't need. Do a file search for the following types of things:

elua.*

history.*

whatsnew.*

register.*

license.*

Then follow that by going through each program's folder and look for any other txt files you don't really need. Things like "readme.*" you might want to keep in case you need help with something. Don't just limit your search to txt files, it could be an pdf or doc or any other type of text document. Move them first, test the program, if it's all good then you can delete.

But things like language files you can get rid of; what I do first is move those files to a different folder and try the program to make sure there are no issues and then delete them if it's ok. If however you actually do have to change language in a program then hang onto that language file but can get rid of the rest.

While still going through each program's folder think for a bit to see if you really still need that program, if you don't then uninstall it.

With those above you might get rid of only a few hundred MB total but like I said every little bit helps.

How many games to you have installed and how many to you actually play? If you have let's say 5 installed but only play 1 or 2 then why keep those others installed? Save any save game and configuration files from the games you want to get rid of and uninstall those unplayed games. If you want to ever go back to them you can and replace your save game stuff from the backup you made, just remember where they go. What I do to make it easy to remember is when I use WinRAR, when I create the archive I go to the Files tab and under "File paths" I select "Store full paths" which creates folder for each folder it's in. I'm not sure of the exact steps for other programs like 7Zip but I'm sure there is a way to do the same idea in there as well.

What do you mean "how to use E?"

It's a storage drive, but something on it.

If each of those drives are physical drives and not part of 1 big drive that was partitioned, then maybe look into moving your MyDocs, My Music, My Pics and so on to that drive. That should free up a good bit of space on your C.

Instead of installing programs on the C, you can install them on the E.

Edited by Wolf68k

superdrifter101

How to free up space? Ok start with CCleaner, you might be surprised what kind of junk the

What do you mean "how to use E?"

It's a storage drive, but something on it.

If each of those drives are physical drives and not part of 1 big drive that was partitioned, then maybe look into moving your MyDocs, My Music, My Pics and so on to that drive. That should free up a good bit of space on your C.

Instead of installing programs on the C, you can install them on the E.

Thanks that's helps alot but how/can I delete these back ups from D drive

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae136/k...gsforever/V.png

user posted image

If those are back ups you made from some program then you'll need to look into that program for how to remove them.

If that's something the Acer Aspire is doing on it's own and you can't really access them then I wouldn't worry too much, it should be automated and it'll delete the older stuff as time goes on.