Rockstar North website rennovation...

neo92boi

Do you guys think the info for V will come when the sites ready or vice versa? And In that case R* is playing a great scheme for marketing.

Chickenwing

It will be a long wait and prob

It doesn't take almost 7 months to update a site

I just found it pretty peculiar that the site has been down almost as long as GTA V's trailer came out, leading to me believing that R* are priming balls deep for advertising and establishing V

Chickenwing
I just found it pretty peculiar that the site has been down almost as long as GTA V's trailer came out, leading to me believing that R* are priming balls deep for advertising and establishing V

Link me

Link me

Here You go unless you meant something else..

Rockstar North

Finn 7 five 11

Yeah possibly, i have also considered that, perhaps there will be a larger space on the home page and other pages dedicated to advertising new games.

It doesn't take almost 7 months to update a site

Well for all we know it's less of an update as it is a total revamp, in which case it could take some time to complete, it is a big website with many different areas.

Death2Drugs

It's getting kind of cOLD here. On topic: this was found months ago. Nothing new.

Ispintechno

Good possibility it will be a very interactive site with maps and theme information, kind of like the book that comes with the game but web form.

Obviously they can't make that live just yet until the light turns green.

Well for all we know it's less of an update as it is a total revamp, in which case it could take some time to complete, it is a big website with many different areas.

That wouldn't take 7 months. Rockstar are a professional company, it should only take two weeks.

Maybe they don't want their website anymore... Or as said in OP they're planning something.

Email Rockstar North and ask them when the new site is going to be up. Not GTA related. wink.gif

G1T

how can you find something like this, unless your saying my assumption was already assumed months ago..?

Chickenwing

Link me

Rockstar North

Oh sorry I misread what you said blush.gif

Racecarlock
It's getting kind of cOLD here. On topic: this was found months ago. Nothing new.

Well yeah, but most sites are down for maybe a day while they change layouts and stuff. North's site has been down for all 7 months we've been waiting for the second trailer.

Link me

Rockstar North

Oh sorry I misread what you said blush.gif

Its cool.

You know what i'm gonna just ask it f*cking plain and simple im really fed up, was it really fair to us for R* to show that goddamn trailer if they weren't gonna embellish on the game at all for another 9 months??

Like honestly I know MP3 was on its way but seriously, 9 months with ABSOLUTELY nothing WTF R*....not even so much as a "hey guys we're still hard at work on V"..

Halo Fans got crazy info..

Gears fans already have a f*cking article in Gameinformer

Assassin creed fans had 4 trailers

God of war fans got gameplay and a article..

What do we get...........................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................9 months later angry.gif

How much prep do you need just to utter a f*cking official hashtag #GTAV

Edited by neo92boi

Well neo as much as I agree with you, R* is better than 3 out of the 4 develpoers u just sited. Im glad that they are doing the things the way they feel it needs to be done. I just think that they should not have released a trailer if the marketing was so far off.

But in my honest opinion, I think we give them too much credit. I think that they were expecting to start the marketing for V around MAY, but then MP3 got delayed, and I think they were going to release the game in 2012 but its not going as smooth.

If you notice how many games have been delayed by them you will see that they arent as productive as some might think, and instead of it being some huge predetermined plan, it may just be them shooting from the hip as they struggle to finish the game along with whatever else they are working on.

The article about Rockstar employees and just how unorganized the company is really shows insight to the flaws of the company. But whatever.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Well neo as much as I agree with you, R* is better than 3 out of the 4 develpoers u just sited. Im glad that they are doing the things the way they feel it needs to be done. I just think that they should not have released a trailer if the marketing was so far off.

But in my honest opinion, I think we give them too much credit. I think that they were expecting to start the marketing for V around MAY, but then MP3 got delayed, and I think they were going to release the game in 2012 but its not going as smooth.

If you notice how many games have been delayed by them you will see that they arent as productive as some might think, and instead of it being some huge predetermined plan, it may just be them shooting from the hip as they struggle to finish the game along with whatever else they are working on.

The article about Rockstar employees and just how unorganized the company is really shows insight to the flaws of the company. But whatever.

I respect your sentiment tried and true 100%.

Bet your siding with Santa Monica Studios or 343 lol.

But honestly R* is starting falter on its pedestal we've put them on.

Honestly the last excellent game I played from the Rockstar brand that made me feel like I was back in 04' cruising down in Ganton across those ghetto ass train tracks was Red Dead Redemption, IV didnt even do it for me honestly even though it was extremely close and enthralling it just couldn't f*ck with GTA SA for me at all.

Oh and Bully inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

They say once your at the top the only way you can go is down, well R* has sunken back to the Vice City days IMO, meaning they have to pull off the next step with reckless abandon.

V has a humongous hole in my satisfaction with R* to fill, Your right, as of right now we're giving them too much credit.....smfh

OH and 4 ne one who wants to say "stop whining" or this is off topic its not, its in regards to R* prepping V and how long its taken in coincidence with the R* north site.. and im sorry waiting for a sentence structure on update for a game that had a trailer released more than half a year ago warrants some disconcerting emotion and opinions, so STFU angry.gif

user posted image

Edited by neo92boi

Honestly the last excellent game I played from the Rockstar brand that made me feel like I was back in 04' cruising down in Ganton across those ghetto ass train tracks was Red Dead Redemption, IV didnt even do it for me honestly even though it was extremely close and enthralling it just couldn't f*ck with GTA SA for me at all.

They say once your at the top the only way you can go is down, well R* has sunken back to the Vice City days IMO, meaning they have to pull off the next step with reckless abandon.

V has a humongous hole in my satisfaction with R* to fill, Your right, as of right now we're giving them too much credit.....smfh

user posted image

Im siding with Ubisoft because personally I think Halo is sh*t, GOW is the same damn thing over and over, And God of War is the simplest form of gaming... hack and slash.

Rockstar puts out good games. Yes they may be late, and they may take forever to make, and they may market it retarded, but the games are amazing.

GTA

RDR

Bully

These are games that are completely original and innovative.

Thats what makes them different than COd, Halo, and GOW. Instead of pumping out the same formula over and over they give us great creative games.

That being said, the point im trying to make is that they are better developers, but not a better company. I think we give them too much credit and dont realize how unorganized and sparatic they probably really are underneath it all.

I felt the same way about IV. Just not amazing, although good. And MP3 while noble, was just not anything to brag about.

So I really think that the trailer was released with the intent of marketing the game in much sooner, but because they are so unorganized as a company, they had to delay MP3, thus delaying the marketing for V, thus delaying the release date.

I really dont think they keep info from us because they want to get us excited, I think its because they are afraid to give us info when they have no idea how long it will be before the game is complete. They obviously know that they cannot keep an orignal announcement date.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

user posted image

Im siding with Ubisoft because personally I think Halo is sh*t, GOW is the same damn thing over and over, And God of War is the simplest form of gaming... hack and slash.

Rockstar puts out good games. Yes they may be late, and they may take forever to make, and they may market it retarded, but the games are amazing.

GTA

RDR

Bully

These are games that are completely original and innovative.

Thats what makes them different than COd, Halo, and GOW. Instead of pumping out the same formula over and over they give us great creative games.

That being said, the point im trying to make is that they are better developers, but not a better company. I think we give them too much credit and dont realize how unorganized and sparatic they probably really are underneath it all.

I felt the same way about IV. Just not amazing, although good. And MP3 while noble, was just not anything to brag about.

So I really think that the trailer was released with the intent of marketing the game in much sooner, but because they are so unorganized as a company, they had to delay MP3, thus delaying the marketing for V, thus delaying the release date.

I really dont think they keep info from us because they want to get us excited, I think its because they are afraid to give us info when they have no idea how long it will be before the game is complete. They obviously know that they cannot keep an orignal announcement date.

My friend, you are without a doubt the most competent and respectful individual I've had the pleasure of interacting with on this god forsaken forum in a very long time here cookie.gif lol

Yes R* puts out amazing games, but its almost like the fanbase for Rockstar Games especially GTA are the kids who grew up

with a father who we had extremely fun times with but hardly saw him and he kept making false promises and failed attempts to see us on multiple occasions and then sent us half assed gifts to make up for the absence LA NOIRE anyone lol.

But at least its better than being a CoD or Valve fan, the father that never leaves you alone or makes stuff fun, and the father that just doesn't give a f*ck until christmas lmfao ( Half Life 3 )

My friend, you are without a doubt the most competent and respectful individual I've had the pleasure of interacting with on this god forsaken forum in a very long time here cookie.gif lol

Yes R* puts out amazing games, but its almost like the fanbase for Rockstar Games especially GTA are the kids who grew up

with a father who we had extremely fun times with but hardly saw him and he kept making false promises and failed attempts to see us on multiple occasions and then sent us half assed gifts to make up for the absence LA NOIRE anyone lol.

But at least its better than being a CoD or Valve fan, the father that never leaves you alone or makes stuff fun, and the father that just doesn't give a f*ck until christmas lmfao ( Half Life 3 )

Haha, great analogy man. I agree, I just wish we would get info soon so that we could go back to the fun speculation phase.

But yea its hard to have a decent discussion on these forums anymore. Lets share cookie.gificon14.gif

ShnePmW.jpg?5

To be fair neo, LA Noire wasn't made by Rockstar, they just published it. And I thought it was a very good game that also made you think. And the story was great.

But on the topic, I'm pretty mad about this ridiculous drought of information. But after we didn't hear anything after E3, I'm not expecting anything soon. It's going to come eventually.

Well either way bro R* has been falling off fast, and with this drought it feels like they're hemorrhaging there credibility.

GTA V will heal all wounds I know it will, because its GTA and they know they've been f*cking up its just sad they let it get to

this point.

They are becoming more infamous through there controversy (This drought being part of there large catalog of controversy)

and less famous because of there marketing strategies and development.

R* North are the true culprits btw, thats why I've been keeping my cross hairs on there site.

Edited by neo92boi

MIKON8ERISBACK
To be fair neo, LA Noire wasn't made by Rockstar, they just published it. And I thought it was a very good game that also made you think. And the story was great.

But on the topic, I'm pretty mad about this ridiculous drought of information. But after we didn't hear anything after E3, I'm not expecting anything soon. It's going to come eventually.

It damn well better be worth it. smile.gif

MIKON8ERISBACK
Well either way bro R* has been falling off fast, and with this drought it feels like they're hemorrhaging there credibility.

GTA V will heal all wounds I know it will, because its GTA and they know they've been f*cking up its just sad they let it get to

this point.

They are becoming more infamous through there controversy (This drought being part of there large catalog of controversy)

and less famous because of there marketing strategies and development.

R* North are the true culprits btw, thats why I've been keeping my cross hairs on there site.

Maybe when the drought is over they'll have some good answers as to what caused them to shut up about GTA V for so long. If they knew they were gonna be developing and relentlessly promoting the ill fated Max Payne 3, then they should have waited until roughly June the 21st (my birthday) to release the trailer and maybe the press release.

Very bad timing and extremely poor planning.

SilentnElite

So, have we gotten one of ours to get a job through that website and be an informant yet? moto_whistle.gif

BlackLightning

According to that site, they're still hiring for a lot of key people. Like I've been saying, GTA V is a LONG way off. A year and a half, minimum.

According to that site, they're still hiring for a lot of key people. Like I've been saying, GTA V is a LONG way off. A year and a half, minimum.

Haha, i hope you're kidding...

Key people? What do you mean by that? Maybe communtiy managers or stuff, not programmers or modelers. They got that stuff already you know.

And a year and a half minimum? Are you insane? That would mean this time next year, June 2013 + 6 months, that makes it January 2014.. Might want to think a bit before you post.

They wouldn't release a good looking trailer for GTA 2011 if it is released 3 years later.

Wrong in every single aspect. Rockstar North don't only make games in the Grand Theft Auto franchise, they make lots of other games. The game also must be released before April 2013.

ShotGunRain

peteeee007 58 minutes ago

@R*

Will Rockstar North website be like what you have updated. Because Rockstar North website has been down fro months. Any news on that?

R* Y 49 minutes ago

@peteeee007 The updates are no big deal, Rockstar North’s website was a very old Flash site so they are working on updating it, that’s all

This is a old comment from Rockstar Games

I'm on that same school of thought: It was time for that circa vice-city (ie, it was made around then) site to be renewed.

However I don't know why it would be replaced with a coming soon instead of waiting until something was ready, unless it was just an utter embarrassment in their eyes from their own perspective.

AlQ6bG7.png

They should use the site as a platform for an in-game social network that's necessary for online play. Web traffic is big money these days.