Dual wielding and Attachments

DetBastions

DetBastions

We know that attachments are available in the game like a silencer on an AK but I was wondering if dual wielding will return also. I am confident rockstar can do this from the seller results of mp3.

Now attachments : do you think they will be just mission based with only use in a mission. Will you be able to customize at your own will and add/remove things like scopes ,laser sights, and off course silencers

One thing that really bugged me in saints row the third is that when you upgrade a weapon/dual wield you can't remove these upgrades.

Well I guess we will have to wait and see what rockstar has planned for us

It's a bit nebulous to say "attachments will return". I hope they do, but remember in TBoGT the P90 had a silencer that didn't actually do anything. Just gave it a different sound and look.

Edited by chitoryu12

GANGSTA26-VERCETTI

Show me proof that attachments and dual wielding will be in gtaV?

Most likely if they will be available then through the process of using weapons will grant you access to the upgrades and attachments. But unlocking after doing certain missions does sound reasonable.

If the ability to dual wield returrns, it should be an option that can be changed in the menu.

TovarishTony

San Andreas had dual wielded weapon once you get the Hitman level of the 9mm pistol and micro smgs

Cosmic Gypsy

I'm all for gun attachments, as long as it doesn't go over the top like Call Of Duty. A silencer here and there would be nice...

Dual Wield is a gimmick i do not support though.

Shreddy Krueger

I would like to see dual wielding return to the GTA series.

I would also like to see some weapon attachments, so long as they actually have an effect, as opposed to just making the weapon look different. For example, adding a scope or a laser sight should make auto-aim go straight to the head or something. Mayb also re-introduce RPG elements where the more often you use a weapon, the faster you can fire it or something. A lot of different things could be done with a variety of weapons.

As well as maybe some bullet variety. I know they introduced this in GTAIV with the explosive shotgun rounds. It'd be cool to see maybe some hollow-points or something that can take out armored targets a little easier.

God i hope they return in GTA! but really it kind of sucks that GTAIV didn't had daul wielding weapons or attachments. confused.gif

user posted image

Some attatchments like a silencer and maybe a scope on some guns sure, not too sure about dual wielding though, I don't think it should be in the game though dual wielding certain pistols would be cool, like this biggrin.gif

user posted image

Show me proof that attachments and dual wielding will be in gtaV?

Integration of Max payne 3 multiplayer in GTA V.MP3 has dual weild weapons in multiplayer as well as in single player so GTA V will definately have dual weild weapon (at least one)

Dr. Zoidberg

I do hope they have the dual wield option in gtav. But nothing too ridiculous like dual rifles or rocket launchers (dual rocket launchers would be pretty cool and fun haha). Dual pistols, sawn offs or mini sub machine guns would be okay.

Also maybe making the dual wield more advanced like locking on multiple targets. If I remember correctly in max Payne 1 I thing you could dive and shoot both your left and right with out stretched arms? Or it's probably my imagination.

Edited by Dr. Zoidberg

If the ability to dual wield returrns, it should be an option that can be changed in the menu.

If GTA is after the realistic effect I doubt it and hope not. If they do I hope as this user stated its an option we can turn off. I Can't Imagine Dual Wielding Uzi's would be very accurate to begin with.

Edited by mdniterder

Rockstar really need to broaden their horizons in this department.

I prefer to complete missions stealthily but it was near impossible in GTA IV, as there's no silencers, so it'd just turn out into your usual shooting frenzy. I hope they offer us more alternatives. Isn't it time they upped their prospects to match other up-coming open-world games? Yes, I think so.

It's a bit nebulous to say "attachments will return". I hope they do, but remember in TBoGT the P90 had a silencer that didn't actually do anything. Just gave it a different sound a look.

But there is NOTHING like stepping out of your car, walk slowly to the car that bumped into you and calmly move the crosshair towards the drivers face and then ''thud''... One silent shot to the head.

It's awesome and i never get tired of it.

Im for dual wielding and attachments but lets not get caught up like in cod or max payne 3 by unlocking weapons as you rank up. Every weapon and attachments should be available from the start and collected in game and not done in loadouts like every other rubbish shooter game the world has seen.GTA should be protected from bringing in anything that even resembles anything done in COD.

HOLDMYBALLSACK

one pistol feels more badass than two especially if you can hold it sideways

but two uzis is pretty cool

G1T

I have no issues with dual wielding guns such as pistols and sub-machine guns or sawed-offs, if they make a return, so long as it doesn't overdo the feature of dual wielding. I would like for attachments to be fully functional, because for example, why would I use a Ar-15 with a M203 if the launcher doesn't even work, a gun's looks doesn't matter to me, the gun just has to be practical and serve a purpose. I for one would like to see both features implemented into the game, just so long as the feature such as the attachments doesn't get too complex.

That would be awesome if you can dual wield different guns and weapons like a Katana in one hand and a silencer in the other!

user posted image

Something tells me that you don't actually attach them yourself and that you're just picking up or buying a version of a weapon with a silencer already installed. The reason being is that each of the 3 robbers had the same assault rifles with silences. At least 2 of them are NPCs and I don't see how you could customize an NPC's weapon.

Perhaps that's where you first get the silencer attachment?

I certainly do want attachments and upgrades; I'll fully admit to being a gun nut, so it would be nice to have greater control over my arsenal. One thing to remember is that making a very deep customization system only improves the game, rather than hurting it. People often go "Well, that's too confusing I just want it to be simple this isn't Call of Duty blah blah blah," but were you ever forced to customize every car in your garage in San Andreas? Were you forced to play the shooting challenges at Ammunation over and over? Yes, you were forced to improve your swimming skill and everyone agrees that was pretty damn ridiculous of Rockstar to do.

But adding deep customization options like sights, silencers, full auto mods, increasing accuracy, rate of fire, and power, and all those things can only improve the game. Nobody will ever be forced to spend an hour deciding on how they want to improve every single gun in their arsenal and can just grab a silencer and full auto mod for everything they can and go out and cause chaos. But the ones who WANT to improve their weapons to that level of detail get the chance and get to have their experience enhanced.

In other words, the best games don't force you to use any mechanics outside of the core gameplay in order to play through the game. But they add as many as they can and make them worth trying.

I would be happy with the weapon leveling system from MP3, (especially in Multiplayer).

Same for single player too, weapon leveling to open new attachments.

Don't care much for dual wielding unless it's realistic. ie. you can't dual wield ak47's.

jackass2009

I think that scopes on smg's and such wouldn't be a good idea, unless it's like in MGS4 where you can still aim and shoot the gun without using the scope, but hitting a button switches it to scope view. That, I support.

Suppressors. I'm neutral on that. I could care less, but if it were there, I'd prefer an option to take them off.

Dual-wielding is stupid and I hope that it doesn't make it into the game.

Dual wielding would be cool, but it would be virtually impossible to make it well. Max Payne 3 honestly has the sh*ttiest dual-wielding of any game I've ever played. If you have two of the same weapon, the dual-wilding is OK; if you have mixed weapon combinations though, it just turns into hell because they each fire awkwardly at their own rates.

The best dual-wield games I've seen are CoD and Just Cause 2. They have it set up so that you can fire each weapon independantly. Although as we all know, GTA is filled with controls for every button, making it very difficult to add any more. Therefore if they included dual-wielding in GTAV, it would either be crap like MP3, or they'd have to be exceptionally creative in assigning buttons to do such things.

As far as customization goes, its pretty much a dead give-away from the silencer included in the traler. Its like not including flyable planes in the game, even though 4 different planes were seen throughout the trailer. The only other option I can think of is if they made a different weapon altogether that is always silenced, like the silenced pistol in SA. Although I really doubt this option; it would be pretty unrealistic, inconvienient, and impractical if they did this again.

sublimelabs
Im for dual wielding and attachments but lets not get caught up like in cod or max payne 3 by unlocking weapons as you rank up. Every weapon and attachments should be available from the start and collected in game and not done in loadouts like every other rubbish shooter game the world has seen.GTA should be protected from bringing in anything that even resembles anything done in COD.

I prefer unlocking weapons. It's much more rewarding.

I like how in Max Payne 3's multiplayer, you can rank up your guns. If you level up your handgun high enough, you can dual-wield that weapon.

I have no problems with it returning, though I'd probably think I was playing Max Payne and expect to shootdodge enemies tounge.gif

Dr. Zoidberg

Also including an option where you can mix and match would be cool. Pistol + Mini Uzi, Mac 10 + Sawn off, Sawn off + pistol.. you get the idea

If it does return, I hope it's optional. I hate it. I hated hitting hitman level in San Andreas.

G1T

Dr. Zoidberg
If it does return, I hope it's optional. I hate it. I hated hitting hitman level in San Andreas.

It should be like max payne 3 how you can drop weapons and pick up weapons to dual wield and stuff

One thing that really bugged me in saints row the third is that when you upgrade a weapon/dual wield you can't remove these upgrades.

because that game is an arcade game, they are like *OH! LOOK HE HAS A POWER UP! IT LOOKS COOL LETS LEAVE IT LIKE THAT! NOW HE CAN JUMP FROM A JET AND LAND ON A VEHICLE YAAAAY!*

while GTAV would be like *HMMM I NEED TO KILL THAT TARGET BUT 2 WEAPONS MAY BE TO HEAVY TO RUN TO MY VEHICLE "Puts sunglases and holsters".*