Black Market

universetwisters

universetwisters

I remember reading one of the "leaks" and recalling that they "claimed" that there would be a fully functioning black market in gta 5. At first I brushed it off, but then I got to thinking: could it work? Think about it, you can call up a contact who can meet with you and sell you some cheap soviet surplus weapons, you can call up some other dude who can sell you drugs, and so on. It would make the criminal "world" feel more alive, given that there's a marketplace for you to buy, sell, trade, etc. weapons and cars

sTgL5iS.png

Racecarlock

Not only can it work, but I bet I could order some sweet ass military hardware off of it.

I remember reading one of the "leaks" and recalling that they "claimed" that there would be a fully functioning black market in gta 5. At first I brushed it off, but then I got to thinking: could it work? Think about it, you can call up a contact who can meet with you and sell you some cheap soviet surplus weapons, you can call up some other dude who can sell you drugs, and so on. It would make the criminal "world" feel more alive, given that there's a marketplace for you to buy, sell, trade, etc. weapons and cars

made me think of just cause 2

Not to mention this would also add to the list of things you can spend your infinite amount of monies!! sneaky2.gif

Well yeah, you have to expect a large improvment over Jacob and his gun van.

It could be as simplae as that aswell, just call a contact for specific thing (ie. guns, drugs and internal organs) and they meet you in a back alley somewhere.

TBH this is more than half expected.

Here's the part of the "leak" mentioning the black market. Let's not get into a real/fake argument, it's just an idea of what the market could be like. Taken from http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=505976&st=0

In an effort to build more of a bond with the character and story, you can now forms a 'crew' of 'henchmen' with a lot of the strangers you meet. For instances when meeting some of the 'strangers' in the street, some of them will try and offer there specialties and services to you aside from the mission/task of the player. Qucikc scenerio, one stranger you meet could be a black market arms dealers who is stocked with the finest rare and/or expensive weapons, yet, aslo a highly skilled rifleman. If recruited, you can now use him as a gun man/van when arsenal is needed or as a sniper cover shooter during intense missions. You can also maybe decline just because you dont like the cut of his jib. With every different stranger you met (each with different perks, bonuses and personalities) you have the option to 'recruit' them as a member ofyour crew making every players in-game crews different from each other giving way to many differnet uniques styles of play for every individual to exploit during completion of every mission. The robbery scene in the trailer was an example of this. This offers a way to create varied teams such as: Stealth squads, Run'n'Gun teams, even a calm collected 'mobster-type' family with your crew as hired muscle to rough people up. Once assembled, your crew can then be called upon for a mission, as back-up, or just to hang out, engage in activities and free roam.

OtherSurvivor

Here's the part of the "leak" mentioning the black market. Let's not get into a real/fake argument, it's just an idea of what the market could be like. Taken from http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=505976&st=0

In an effort to build more of a bond with the character and story, you can now forms a 'crew' of 'henchmen' with a lot of the strangers you meet. For instances when meeting some of the 'strangers' in the street, some of them will try and offer there specialties and services to you aside from the mission/task of the player. Qucikc scenerio, one stranger you meet could be a black market arms dealers who is stocked with the finest rare and/or expensive weapons, yet, aslo a highly skilled rifleman. If recruited, you can now use him as a gun man/van when arsenal is needed or as a sniper cover shooter during intense missions. You can also maybe decline just because you dont like the cut of his jib. With every different stranger you met (each with different perks, bonuses and personalities) you have the option to 'recruit' them as a member ofyour crew making every players in-game crews different from each other giving way to many differnet uniques styles of play for every individual to exploit during completion of every mission. The robbery scene in the trailer was an example of this. This offers a way to create varied teams such as: Stealth squads, Run'n'Gun teams, even a calm collected 'mobster-type' family with your crew as hired muscle to rough people up. Once assembled, your crew can then be called upon for a mission, as back-up, or just to hang out, engage in activities and free roam.

Ha, this is hilarious.

Now what would be cool is to have a black market garage where you can bring ANY vehicle you want (except boats and planes) and from then on, it would be sweet to call the black market car dealer and be able to buy any car you have brought in an unlimited number of times. though it would cost money each time. And it would also be cool to be able to choose from any of the variations of a car to buy (topless or not, color, etc...). Then either you go pick it up for the garage, or they can deliver it to your location for an extra charge.

Having Multiplayer crossovers so I could acquire new guns through online play would be nice as well. Maybe even some gang perks that I could take back to my single player experience. And vice versa.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

DeadlyHabits87

This is actually a great idea! Improves the economy system alot aswell. Having the ability to sell on the black market like "Lord of War" but then GTA style would be great too. Are there Marine/Army bases around LA? Having the possibility to infiltrate, steal and sell afterwards on the black market could be fun.

RedLightsBlueNights

This is actually a great idea! Improves the economy system alot aswell. Having the ability to sell on the black market like "Lord of War" but then GTA style would be great too. Are there Marine/Army bases around LA? Having the possibility to infiltrate, steal and sell afterwards on the black market could be fun.

There's an Air Force base that I know of.

DeadlyHabits87

There's an Air Force base that I know of.

Well, let us steal a prototype JSF F35 then and sell that in a back alley biggrin.gif

Dr. Zoidberg

GTA:IV had black markets.. Pretty much all the places you went to buy guns were all black markets (even from the boot of jacobs car) Only reason they had that they never had an option in the game to purchase guns "legally", because Liberty City never had an Ammunation Store in the city.

RedLightsBlueNights
GTA:IV had black markets.. Pretty much all the places you went to buy guns were all black markets (even from the boot of jacobs car) Only reason they had that they never had an option in the game to purchase guns "legally", because Liberty City never had an Ammunation Store in the city.

Weren't Ammu-nation stores inside III's Liberty City?

DeadlyHabits87

Yeah there were Ammunations in LC in GTA III, don't know why they didn't include that in IV (maybe something with laws, no clue). I certainly hope they will have both "legal" gun stores and illegal garage stores. Jacob's trunk-store was great.

Dr. Zoidberg

Yes, but not in IV.

What's a black market? is that some kind of market where only black people are allowed to sell and purchase things? Seems kind of racist and intolerant to me.

DeadlyHabits87
What's a black market? is that some kind of market where only black people are allowed to sell and purchase things? Seems kind of racist and intolerant to me.

Not sure if trolling...

Not sure if trolling...

What's trolling? I've never liked trolls or anything that has to do with trolls. They've always seemed kind of clumsy and intolerant to me.

DeadlyHabits87

Not sure if trolling...

What's trolling? I've never liked trolls or anything that has to do with trolls. They've always seemed kind of clumsy and intolerant to me.

Never mind my fellow countryman.

OT: we should be able to sell illegal tickets for sports games and such aswell. Just for that little profit.

Yes, but not in IV.

It's illegal to carry a gun in Liberty City, as heard when a cop arrest a ped. "You know, carrying a weapon in this town is a felony" Damn cops sneaky2.gif

OT: Meh, I'd only like this if the cash ordeal was fixed, but it's a really neat idea

Yeah, I really want to buy knock-off DVD's and stolen washing machines.

user posted image

As far as weapons go, black markets would only make sense if you had very high diversity of brands, calibers and models. Or at least a large amount of modified kinds of existing, "standard" weapons.

Triple Vacuum Seal

I liked the idea of being able to utilize explosives in GTAIV and the EFLC. It was a creative and fun way to attack the NPCs in the game. What if you could buy black martket bombs in GTAV that varied in intensity from a big time arms dealer (maybe a cartel sergeant at arms)?

(All bombs being like the sticky bombs from TBOGT except for without an expiration time and can be duck taped to NPCs)

low intensity bomb - Standard sticky bomb.

mid intensity mini-suitcase bomb - A bomb similar to the one at 5:06 in the "Rigged to Blow" mission below but destroys every NPC and vehicle in a ~30 meter radius leaving 30 seconds of lingering smoke clouds and fire in a ~40 meter radius.

high intensity suitcase bomb - A massive explosion destroying every car and NPC in a ~50 meter radius leaving 1 minute of lingering smoke throughout the whole block.

1whitebuddah

Not sure if trolling...

thats ignorant...your ignorant. stop being ignorant, thats clumsy and intolerant

MIKON8ERISBACK
I liked the idea of being able to utilize explosives in GTAIV and the EFLC. It was a creative and fun way to attack the NPCs in the game. What if you could buy black martket bombs in GTAV that varied in intensity from a big time arms dealer (maybe a cartel sergeant at arms)?

(All bombs being like the sticky bombs from TBOGT except for without an expiration time and can be duck taped to NPCs)

low intensity bomb - Standard sticky bomb.

mid intensity mini-suitcase bomb - A bomb similar to the one at 5:06 in the "Rigged to Blow" mission below but destroys every NPC and vehicle in a ~30 meter radius leaving 30 seconds of lingering smoke clouds and fire in a ~40 meter radius.

high intensity suitcase bomb - A massive explosion destroying every car and NPC in a ~50 meter radius leaving 1 minute of lingering smoke throughout the whole block.

A sticky bomb? I always thought that was an external timer circuit for the explosives inside. That was stupid! Why would anyone want to make a bomb publicly visible, especially in such a terrorism-aware city?