GTA5 Multiplayer?

MAJORMANN

I believe that the reason that the GTA4 multiplayer worked was because it was very close-quarters. So I'm worried that if GTA5 has huge countrysides and stuff, I'm worried that there wont be alot of action in the multiplayer because there wont be alot of close quarters combat.

Thoughts?

RedLightsBlueNights

Red Dead Redemption had some action. Mostly at Armadillo though.

Red Dead Redemption had some action. Mostly at Armadillo though.

icon14.gif The map can't be too much bigger than GTA IV.

ThisThatSwag

I mean the beauty about V is going to be choices. If you want that consistent killing then pick a location in the city. I myself think there's a lot of potential in a last man standing mode in the woods. With players blips off unless they shot. Makes for a good survival out in the wilderness thrill

I agree with you guys. But hopefully they find a way to make it big, but still action packed

The reason why I didn't like it in IV because of the stupid auto aim ( No skill involved in the gameplay AT ALL ).

Also the very low playercount and ridiculously small maps made it get boring really fast.

They might as well scrap the player vs player modes, they just don't suit GTA in my opinion. Free roam is where I hope they'll put most of their focus. Online clothes shops, car customisation garages etc would be sweet. As for where there action will play it, I think at first people will explore like mad but eventually people will usually end up in one of a few areas. Probably places like the air port, the mountains and places like skate parks. I'm hoping they up the player limit as well on consoles, 16 players might get a bit lonely if the map is noticeably bigger than GTA IV's.

They might as well scrap the player vs player modes, they just don't suit GTA in my opinion. Free roam is where I hope they'll put most of their focus. Online clothes shops, car customisation garages etc would be sweet. As for where there action will play it, I think at first people will explore like mad but eventually people will usually end up in one of a few areas. Probably places like the air port, the mountains and places like skate parks. I'm hoping they up the player limit as well on consoles, 16 players might get a bit lonely if the map is noticeably bigger than GTA IV's.

I agree, and it PISSES me right off when people go PvP in free mode...like for the love oof god, go to deathmatch. And im not talking about doing it in a fun way, I mean those people who go into free mode and just kill everyone just for the f*ck of it

The reason why I didn't like it in IV because of the stupid auto aim ( No skill involved in the gameplay AT ALL ).

I hated that too, but you can turn auto aim off so the lobbys you go into dont have it on either

This. Competitive modes in GTA are just useless. I just want to experience the open world with other people if I want multiplayer. That's what you would expect from a GTA game. The free roam in IV was kinda disappointing. They should just focus all their energy on the Free roam. The last thing we need is more gamemodes when they all feel kinda weak.

This. Competitive modes in GTA are just useless. I just want to experience the open world with other people if I want multiplayer. That's what you would expect from a GTA game. The free roam in IV was kinda disappointing. They should just focus all their energy on the Free roam. The last thing we need is more gamemodes when they all feel kinda weak.

I agree, like if you want competitive, go to battlefield 3 or COD or something. GTA is all about the fun! icon14.gif

I believe that the reason that the GTA4 multiplayer worked was because it was very close-quarters. So I'm worried that if GTA5 has huge countrysides and stuff, I'm worried that there wont be alot of action in the multiplayer because there wont be alot of close quarters combat.

Thoughts?

I just hope they don't go TBOGT route and have deathmatches in tiny specified areas. (is this what you meant by close quarters, because other than that it really wasn't that close quarters AT ALL, unless you only auto aim.)

I much prefered the open ness of IV for DM's.

For FM I hope there are gang hideouts and stuff to do in groups.

I have a pretty crazy idea that single player will have drop in drop out co-op, to do missions in groups, the more peeps in your group, the more enemies there are. I believe it's why we now have crews, do mission's with your crew.

For FM I hope there are gang hideouts and stuff to do in groups.

That's actually pure genius smile.gif I would LOVE to see that put in icon14.gif

ThisThatSwag

I don't see why there's a dislike for pvp. I liked it a lot. It's fun plus some of the kills are just unforgettable. I see why ranked might be stupid. But I loved when you

Could get into free death matches and get those insane fun kills.

Another thing I would LOVE to see in the free roam is a thing that any Burnout Paradise players will remember. Basically the host could start a challenge in free roam for the entire lobby to complete. They could be from all simply meeting up at a place or roof to doing donuts and flips in a certain area. They were fun and addicting to do, would definitely suit GTA multiplayer.

mbunleashed09

I hope it has gang territories like SA in crews, where it shows what places crews own......and you have the chance to take over the places

Lmao now we're hoping the map isn't too big? Dafuq is wrong with you people?

All R* need to do to fix this issue is make bullet range realistic. It was sooooo sh*t how in IV, every gunshot dissapated quickly before it got to the enemy. Bullets should travel indefinately in GTAV.

Also the very low playercount and ridiculously small maps made it get boring really fast.

YE, 1000% AGREE,

People only play auto aim if they are:

-new to games

-to lazy to mak an effort

-or simple have no skill and wont admit it

TMWV - Team Mafiya Work Veterans Clan

A few things.

The MP in GTA4 was EXCELLENT, the most fun I have had playing online. I played under the very imaginative name of 'British_Male' on the PS3. That is until my PS3 YLOD'd.

The only game modes I played were racing and deathmatch, occasional freeroam which quite frankly seemed a bit pointless as I was never part of a 'crew'. I am sure that R* will keep the modes that were present in IV so as not too alienate old fans.

StateofMind15

I hope online doesn't have health regen and weapon unlocks like RDR and MP3. IV's multiplayer was 90% perfect it just needed better netcode and more settings. Also I agree with taking out PvP games, there are many games for this.

And to all the people saying they should up the player count, it's impossible on consoles because they are weak. The game drops fps when there are 16 players on IV already.

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Hopefully respawn points will be set a little better, and not within 10 feet of the person who is shooting everyone.

DarrenC1888

The big map really worries me, I hope it isn't as detached as RDR. Hoping for new game modes like the undead overrun from RDR in the city or one of those countryside towns. I hope they make free roam interesting with loads of stuff to do to stop the kids turning it into a deathmatch.

infiniteammo

Does it matter how big it is? Everyone's going to pop a squat at their airport anyway. >.> *le sigh*

GTA4 multi should have been called "Occupy Francis International Airport".

I'm hoping for a more RDR style freeroam but I also want to see PVP. I would be seriously pissed off if they took out all PVP like some people are saying. If you don't like it just stay in freeroam and don't play any PVP modes.

Bigger map= more people

I am fully expecting rockstar to announce 32 people in a server on consoles.

In free-roam, you should be able to carry out bank Robberies, with other people online. Them have cops pursue you afterwards.

StateofMind15

I'm hoping for a more RDR style freeroam but I also want to see PVP. I would be seriously pissed off if they took out all PVP like some people are saying. If you don't like it just stay in freeroam and don't play any PVP modes.

Why would you want RDR style free roam? Play it today, no one is having fun everyone just does gang hideouts. When I played IV yesterday everyone were having fun and people were doing loads of things.

@WhatThe? You can already do that in IV