Stuttering?

Ne0nLiteZ

Hey all, I can run GTAIV great, 30-60fps at all times. Intel i5 2500k Oc'd, radeon hd 5770 (i dont play on all very high setttings, but medium and i get 60 fps), and 8GB 1600mhz ram.

So yeah. I don't know what causes it but in GTA RAGE games it stutters. It's noticeable when im driving at a constant speed whether it be slow or fast, cause then you can really tell stuff is stuttering even though the game is really smooth. What are some fixes you guys might know of? I tried vsync on and off and definition on and off and it made no difference.

This is a fresh OS installation, and Ill try that again but it didnt work last time.

GTA games using the RAGE engine

That will be GTA 4/EFLC then.

If memrestrict does not help, it can be that the graphics card is not powerful enough for your settings. Graphics demand is very variable in this game, depending on what is being rendered, time of day, traffic efc. Limiting fps to 30 can help if that is not too slow for you. Also -reservedapp 0 helped me in 64 bit windows.

I haven't noticed before your CPU is overclocked, is it a stable overclock? Did you check temperatures while playing GTAIV?

What is the cpu overclocked to? I doubt the hd5770 can match a high clocked cpu. Get a better card, such as gtx560 ti. Otherwise run on medium textures and shadows etc.

i feel like we're blind men feeling around a elephant. original poster needs to add more info! he says he is playing with medium settings, but at what resolution? i think the first reply is the best, i was getting good frame rates with the Llano system, but hard stutters throughout. at first i thought it was because i had formatted the samsung 830 ssd wrong. memrestrict fixed it for me!

It's at 4.3ghz and it is stable. I turned off the speedstep swtich thing, so its constantly at 4.3 while gaming.

resolution doesnt matter but its 1680 by 1050.

what specific memrestrict, and where did you put it? on the shortcut? or the exe? or the launcher?