Camera

xRescue2x

In both San Andreas, and IV, we saw cameras. One on the cell phone, and the other an actual camera. In SA, the photos were saved, but not in IV. Will we see this feature again?

GroveStRoamer

Hope so. When we discover something cool, and we arent able to see it again, the camera "Comes into the picture" lol.gif

G1T

ThisThatSwag

I loved how you could save them in sa. That was the best

Triple Vacuum Seal

This. It was such a blunder on R*'s behalf to not bring back the saving of large images.

Iv'e had so many photogenic moments in GTAIV and TBOGT. sneaky2.gif I used to photograph my kills of prominent characters in GTASA.

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif Yes! I want a high resolution (i.e., large image) camera, with a zoom lens, and I want to be able to save all the images to hard disk (on xBox 360) and move them over to USB.

I liked taking pictures in SA - that was like a minigame in itself, and with the beautiful scenery and HD design of the GTA IV, RDR, GTAV generation, it will be greatly satisfying.

superhobo666
icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif Yes! I want a high resolution (i.e., large image) camera, with a zoom lens, and I want to be able to save all the images to hard disk (on xBox 360) and move them over to USB.

I liked taking pictures in SA - that was like a minigame in itself, and with the beautiful scenery and HD design of the GTA IV, RDR, GTAV generation, it will be greatly satisfying.

Unfortunately, you'd only be able to see the photo's through that 360, but what about importing them through the windows live photo gallery xbox 360 used to have?

Problem with flash drives on 360, the 360 puts a propriatary lock on it, to use that flashdrive on a pc you would have to re-format it. (losing those photo's.) unless you had some sort of software designed to break the 360's flashdrive DRM.

icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif Yes!  I want a high resolution (i.e., large image) camera, with a zoom lens, and I want to be able to save all the images to hard disk (on xBox 360) and move them over to USB. 

Unfortunately, you'd only be able to see the photo's through that 360, but what about importing them through the windows live photo gallery xbox 360 used to have?

Problem with flash drives on 360, the 360 puts a propriatary lock on it, to use that flashdrive on a pc you would have to re-format it. (losing those photo's.) unless you had some sort of software designed to break the 360's flashdrive DRM.

what about the PS3 case? hahaha

sublimelabs

icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif Yes!  I want a high resolution (i.e., large image) camera, with a zoom lens, and I want to be able to save all the images to hard disk (on xBox 360) and move them over to USB. 

Rockstar could always introduce a new photo portion of the Social Club, like Saints Row. Take a picture, and you can choose to upload them to your Social Club account.

That'd be beast

"Let's go, let's bounce baby! An' When I say bounce I don't mean bouncing literally I just mean..."

"I know what it means Yusuf."

"It's a term from the street meaning you have to walk, but if you don't get that it's a bit like rolling. You have to roll, not like a fat man rolling, it means actually just walk."

"Can we just go?"

ThisThatSwag

This. It was such a blunder on R*'s behalf to not bring back the saving of large images.

Iv'e had so many photogenic moments in GTAIV and TBOGT. sneaky2.gif I used to photograph my kills of prominent characters in GTASA.

I thought it was best when you would get your car stuck in a tree icon14.gif

If there is a camera on GTA V hopefully we can also make videos ingame

EinsZweiDrei

Would be cool if we can decorate the walls of our houses/mansions with our self shot pictures.

It would be cool to output a 1080p picture regardless on which resolutions you are playing.

G1T

RedLightsBlueNights
Don't think I want my serial killer bad-ass to have a photography hobby.

He might post the pictures on LiveLeak, though.

Then get arrested a few days later...

Yeah this was one of my hobbies in SA. I used to take pictures of scenery as well as prominent character kills (Polaski comes to mind) and just general mayhem, such as random cop chases and the shoot outs that'd follow, or plane crashes, freeway pile ups and the resulting explosions, and creepy sh*t like that rusty ass wheelchair. I had a lot of fun chronicling these events through the game's camera.

I was disappointed when I couldn't save my photos taken in the last game. Hopefully they'll bring this back so I can do it once again. smile.gif

Chickenwing

Hope cameras are decent in this one! I have no idea why they didn't save in IV

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Just thought of something new, I have a video recorder on my phone, as does most other phones. Maybe that could play a role in a mission? Record a secret meeting with the vid function then take the phone to your boss who then watches what you filmed

In both San Andreas, and IV, we saw cameras. One on the cell phone, and the other an actual camera. In SA, the photos were saved, but not in IV. Will we see this feature again?

I hope so, did you know in SA you can give your camera to your gang homies and have them take pics of you.

You can be holding and shooting your guns for the pics too.

I want this back, I want to take pics of myself at all major landmarks.

the pics taken should be in 1920 x 1080 res since smartphones camera nowadays can do it

superhobo666

the pics taken should be in 1920 x 1080 res since smartphones camera nowadays can do it

protip: only the high end phones can do above 720p.

Galaxy s2, Iphone 4, etc.

EDIT: back on topic guys.

now in game I can't see them recording in 1080 (What if you're using a TV/monitor that doesn't go up to 1080p? IE:36' or smaller LCD, or a laptop.)

They would probably record in 480P (or youtube quality) with maybe an option of higher recording resolutions based on your hardware.

An improved camera feature would be awesome, Can we get video support and pictures, we could upload them to our own Social Club profile under a "screenshots & video's" section, even have an ingame taped video/pictures for clans. (IE: group shots of crew members, crew based car designs (if we get customisation of vehicles/clothing again.)

Edited by superhobo666

Revolution-XW

I think they should bring back the cameras from SA but more updated, and that you can save them as previously said.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

It would be a great tool for secret package location guide/weapons/armor/health/vehicles/other items - upload all the locations of where they are

jdrandall38

I think it will. The only difference is that pics taken in game can be viewed online unlike in San Andreas.

SammiiDoogles

I really hope so, the camera was a lot of fun.

Would also be nice to be able to upload your snaps to the social club and save them to your HDD.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

The pictures could be shared online in social club... You photograph, you select to share and then BAM! "678 thinks this rocks"

awesome feature icon14.gif

protip: only the high end phones can do above 720p.

Galaxy s2, Iphone 4, etc.

EDIT: back on topic guys.

now in game I can't see them recording in 1080 (What if you're using a TV/monitor that doesn't go up to 1080p? IE:36' or smaller LCD, or a laptop.)

They would probably record in 480P (or youtube quality) with maybe an option of higher recording resolutions based on your hardware.

An improved camera feature would be awesome, Can we get video support and pictures, we could upload them to our own Social Club profile under a "screenshots & video's" section, even have an ingame taped video/pictures for clans. (IE: group shots of crew members, crew based car designs (if we get customisation of vehicles/clothing again.)

and nokia proview phone can process images at 7728 x 4354

anyways back to topic as well. it would be interesting to have something like IV where you start with a sh*tty phone that can maybe only take low quality images at first so all photos you take would be pixelated and blured. then as you progress you get smartphones that can take 720 or 1080P and all images would be saved to social club or hard drive or maybe steam or saved in a ingame album or possibly even a parody social networking site tounge.gif

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

I'd like to see the camera come back, as well as the option to share and save photos through Rockstar social club. And perhaps post them on some sort of file share, like Halo offers.

Harwood Butch3r

Not only this, but I'd like an in game video camera aswell.

Im sure Vice city featured the camera also, anyway I would love to see it make a return for V.