3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

✂ Render Topic

Thank you.

It's my first render using the pen tool. Working on a couple more right now, I'm going to try and erase a little more around the edges.

The tutorial I watched said go to Image -> Trim but that literally did nothing.

Got a couple more for here and then I'm going to attempt one of Obama and Romney. moto_whistle.gif

I went with the pen tool then took the eraser real quick and cleaned it up. You can see I missed a few places here and their.

I don't think I have a steady hand to use a eraser for the whole thing! I will end up messing something up, Niko most likely will be missing a ear.

-----

Here is my attempt at Obama's head...

Full Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEFcD.png

user posted image

Edited by Limitless

very nice renders, i use the pentool 90% of the time and i am glad to see others using it a 0.2px feather seems to work well too. i also use the clip mask feature to new layers sometimes to neaten the edges up and i also use the eraser to tidy up around the edges some times.

i sometimes use the edge refine option for quick cutouts when im using the magic wand tool. the colour selection for effect extraction. the lasso tool for when i have extracted the render but there is still small things that need to be removed inside.

I find that the pen tool works just fine but to get that clean edge you have to go in with the erase tool.

Even with the Obama cut out I can still see where I should of taken off more with the eraser tool...

I'd keep trying and maybe submit a couple more GTA renders. I would really like to try some GTA Vice City or Five stuff,

just hard to find things that haven't been cut out yet.

I find that the pen tool works just fine but to get that clean edge you have to go in with the erase tool.

Even with the Obama cut out I can still see where I should of taken off more with the eraser tool...

I'd keep trying and maybe submit a couple more GTA renders. I would really like to try some GTA Vice City or Five stuff,

just hard to find things that haven't been cut out yet.

there are plenty of thinks that still could be added. especially for IV like characters. i don't think i have covered all of the IV character art yet. icon14.gif also try not to put your mark on the renders you will be added to the credits part smile.gif

---update--

IV characters updated with limetless doing a nice cut of nikos head and also

Full Size: http://i48.tinypic.com/qn0ho5.png

Preview:

user posted image

Hey Guy's this is my very first Render but I don't know how to complete it I have been searching but I can't find where I can cut out the Background and keep the Guy I have him all Penned Out and Connected but I just Don't know please help...

user posted image

Sorry for stretching the page.

By the way I love the Girl one Sendes good Job.

Thank you and Right click -> Creat vector mask.

EDIT: Oh,i dont see that you try to cut it with polygon.You can do Shift+CTRL+I and then delete. smile.gif

Edited by Sendes

Thank you so much Sendes

Here is the end Result feel free to edit it smile.gif

user posted image

[img=http://i.imgur.com/aPm0L.png]

user posted image

[img=http://i.imgur.com/ka5p0.png]

Edited by Conviction

You should remove the white fringes from the edges. You can do that by either adding a small stroke to the inside, or by going to Layer>Matting>Defringe. Also, you have a lot of empty space. You can get rid of it easily by going to Image>Trim, selecting Transparent Pixels, and checking all of the boxes on the bottom. But other than that, good job.

***GALLERY UPDATED***

Great job on the V render sendes and great work guys.

Here is a touch up on that CTW render...

I cropped the canvas size, added a 1px black inner stroke and removed the Patrick Brown signature on the shoe icon14.gif

user posted image

Edited by nic_23
Sendes, you are the go-to man for renders, haha.

Really appreciate all the ones you've been doing, mate. They really help out when needed. wink.gificon14.gif

Haha,thanks bro.And it will be continue.

very nice sendes i was going to cut them on saturday but you have done them and they are very nice quality smile.gif i will update the gallery on saturday. keep up the good work smile.gificon14.gif i also like you do a preview and the full size in a link. its a nice touch and it means the page doesn't get stretched.

very nice sendes i was going to cut them on saturday but you have done them and they are very nice quality smile.gif i will update the gallery on saturday. keep up the good work smile.gificon14.gif i also like you do a preview and the full size in a link. its a nice touch and it means the page doesn't get stretched.

Thanks and right.But that big(HD) images are sometimes really difficult to render.

@sendes brilliant the resolution is great and these can be used for a lot of things i am sure the gfx community will appreciate these smile.gif i will update the gallery saturday like i said icon14.gif

@conviction i wont add them to the gallery but as this is the render topic then you can post any render you want in here and we can also help. with that assasins creed render you need to cut a little closer next time and have a feather of about 0.2px, also make the canvas so it just about fits around the render by using the crop tool icon14.gif keep up the great work smile.gif

@sendes brilliant the resolution is great and these can be used for a lot of things i am sure the gfx community will appreciate these smile.gif i will update the gallery saturday like i said  icon14.gif

@conviction i wont add them to the gallery but as this is the render topic  then you can post any render you want in here and we can also help. with that assasins creed render you need to cut a little closer next time and have a feather of about 0.2px, also make the canvas so it just about fits around the render by using the crop tool  icon14.gif  keep up the great work smile.gif

Ahh Thanks For the Advice smile.gif

Also By the way Sendes I love the Hooker one I have used it already for some guy's Sig - Good Job.

Just a Quick one not very good I had to do some stuff.

user posted image

Edited by Conviction