Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,976 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Beta Radar?

Legomanarthur

Awesome find :O

Hmmm nice bike

Very cool finds! There being a barbershop would have made sense, considering there were two other hairstyles Niko had in pre-release trailers and screenshots, one of them being a buzzcut and another similar to the final hairsyle but combed forward and slightly longer. I'm sure they had other haircuts planned, plus jewelry. IV seems like it really was going to be a lot closer to SA in terms of options, but they really scaled back.

Also, I like how they've had the idea for a square radar years before V even started development.

cp1dell

Yeah IV was going to be a lot different. There was originally going to be countryside, and the entire map would be called "Liberty State" and contain Liberty City. There was also mention of something called the Caymen Islands or something.

With all the maps mods people have made, I'm surprised no one has made a map that adds some northern countryside based on the northern part of New York. Since that is what it most likely would have been based on.

Jeansowaty

The Carraways were meant to appear too.

cp1dell

Yes that's what I was thinking of! The Carraways, not the Cayman Islands or whatever.

Hmmm nice bike

I think the Carraways were meant to be their version of The Hamptons, on the far end of Long Island, so it probably would have been east of Dukes. I actually made a map years ago with both Long Island and northern New York attached to it, if I can find the thread I posted it in, I'll share it. I made it after finding out from an article someone in another thread posted that the first draft of the map was based on the entire state of New York, but they decided they wanted to just have one detailed city as opposed to an entire state with less detail. Most likely, nothing from this map made it past the drawing board, it was probably from very early planning, but it's still interesting to know about, and I wish they could have shown us this map somehow (I know I'd be interested in seeing it).

Hodgey.

Why did they remove all this sh*t from the main game?

So that when they put pinball in GTA VI it gives us all a reason to go out and buy it as its never been in a GTA game before :p

RoadRunner71

Hairstyles? I would have killed to give Niko a mullet like Bono's...

r7cRduT.png

I found these inside the wtd files for the phone a few months ago. It gives a better view of the barbershop and possibly an unfinished liquor store interior. They must have been taken extremely early in development, since Rockstar said Niko would have limited customization as far back as 2007.

Has anyone found that building (if it was included)?

If that building still was in it could have an interior, obviously inaccesible and without practically details inside, just the shape, but that could give some proof about the possible liquor stores in the beta.

PS. R*, you bastards could have deleted the stupid arcade machine instead of the pinball -.-

Edited by RoadRunner71

Hodgey.
PS. R*, you bastards could have deleted the stupid arcade machine instead of the pinball -.-

Pinball over QUB3D?

I agree. :^:

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Two more things found in the "phone" files. High Quality renders of Mikhail Faustin and Elizabeta:

6uL9wDG.png

6iYWzH0.png

DJToni

Two more things found in the "phone" files. High Quality renders of Mikhail Faustin and Elizabeta:

6uL9wDG.png

6iYWzH0.png

Are those their mugshots from the LCPD computer?

googleplex2010

Iv'e been contacting Rockstar seeing who the team of people were who made the beta map of gta iv. Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

Jestic

Iv'e been contacting Rockstar seeing who the team of people were who made the beta map of gta iv. Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

Do tell how much luck you had so far contacting the actual developers. And I don't mean the "We'll make sure to forward your message to the right department" automated message from the contact form.

Flachbau

Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

This made me chortle.

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Its been 8 years since gta iv came out, if they can find someone who still has the files I might ask to have them.

This made me chortle.

Gave me dierria

googleplex2010

Do tell how much luck you had so far contacting the actual developers. And I don't mean the "We'll make sure to forward your message to the right department" automated message from the contact form.

They have the names of the people who worked on the map and enviornment, now I have to find the contact info for them because some left R* after iv.

Jestic

the names of the people who worked on the map and enviornment

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/933036-grand-theft-auto-iv/credit

Sweet Bellic

Good luck bro :)

Edited by GTA4LIFE9000

jaqub

6uL9wDG.png

6iYWzH0.png

Are those their mugshots from the LCPD computer?

they are from the gta 4 large box edition artbook. rockstar do an artbook for every gta era like in gta 3 when they used Renderware 3d. And now we have for gta 4 and 5 the rage engine.