Just Cause + GTA = Best Open World Game Ever

Tashan

EPIC stuff - Just Cause 2.

Not a great game but the best ever created (strictly in terms of Open World perspective) and crazy physics that I have never learned which could easily make GTA an AWESOME game. Just throw epicness of JC2 mix with GTA atmosphere and one massive insane island to roam around kicking ass with a high-octane rocket launcher or grappling madness entirely.

Since it came out I have probably played for over 200 hours already.

Now, GTA could adapt all the crazy stuff that was possible in JC2 since multiplayer support with the mod community can give a whole new and a lot better game-play. I want to play the action in GTA5 all over again BUT not with crashing cars or fast bikes just killing dozens of people to my vehicles, in stead taking the physics to a next level which is what R* has to find and think.

Just Cause Series could potentially overtake GTA if the developers push the limits with unique ideas and innovative action in JC3

What say?

I disagree, i love just cause 2 but to be honest, nothing is good about that game other than the huge map, grappling hook and the fighter jets you can fly, everything else is boring (eg. Story, characters, side missions) plus the game is way too short as there is only 7 main missions to do and 59 factions missions (all of them are short)

P.S: i still think Just Cause 2 is a great game though, at least it's better than the SR series (imo)

Edited by Gtaghost22

Well it would be a cool idea, though obviously wouldn't happen, since the core of each game is just too different. Just Cause 1 and 2 are awesome though thats for sure.

Ciccibrillo

I f*cking love JUST CAUSE 2... i think it's one of the best games i've ever played

Harwood Butch3r

Sure if I wanted some massive island with repeated textures and a city with less life than LC in GTA 1.

I disagree, i love just cause 2 but to be honest, nothing is good about that game other than the huge map and the fighter jets you can fly, everything else is boring (eg. Story, characters, side missions) plus the game is way too short as there is only 7 main missions to do and 59 factions missions (all of them are short anyway)

That's what I say too!.. Who cares all the other stuff about JC2. All I need a very solid action and re-defined manner of what JC2 lacked.

JC2 performed well in revenue growth in very short period just from the insanity it offered. It doesn't stand against GTA but there is something that will still make it stand apart.

For me,most precisely:Take just cause 2 map and transfer to rage engine with traffic.But all this isnt simply:no excist programms only 3d ripper dx and just cause map is very big for gta4 rage but second problem is simply fix.About dreams what developers combine gta 4 and just cause -full garbage.

Just Cause 2 map was largely procedurally generated using random variables by computer software, whereas with Rockstar all their maps have always been physically modeled by artists. So with GTAV you can expect to have a much better looking world that was designed with game play level design in mind. Just look at Red Dead Redemption. Perhaps here, in surrounding Los Santos, with vehicles in mind, things... will be different.

Ferocious Banger

No please,Panau island is massive,yes.But a lot of places felt like they were the same.I dislike the game for some reason.The story,the atmosphere,the physics all suckedThe island felt like one massive graveyard to me!Give me a LC over panau anyday.

jesusismyairbag

just cause two is better than GTA in only a few things: setting, map size [albeit boring after a while, shame really] and stunts you can do.

together, though, i dunno it sounds good, not sure what it would turn out like though...

G1T

EPIC stuff - Just Cause 2.

Not a great game but the best ever created (strictly in terms of Open World perspective) and crazy physics that I have never learned which could easily make GTA an AWESOME game. Just throw epicness of JC2 mix with GTA atmosphere and one massive insane island to roam around kicking ass with a high-octane rocket launcher or grappling madness entirely.

Since it came out I have probably played for over 200 hours already.

Now, GTA could adapt all the crazy stuff that was possible in JC2 since multiplayer support with the mod community can give a whole new and a lot better game-play. I want to play the action in GTA5 all over again BUT not with crashing cars or fast bikes just killing dozens of people to my vehicles, in stead taking the physics to a next level which is what R* has to find and think.

Just Cause Series could potentially overtake GTA if the developers push the limits with unique ideas and innovative action in JC3

What say?

of course its the best its gta but bigger and its gonna be in 2012 for gta sake icon14.gif

1whitebuddah

just cause 2 was awesome, but the physics in that game?driving a car in jc2 was near impossible imo, i think gta would be a step down if it implemented just cause' physics

White Flight

I'd like to see a map that size with multiple cities in a GTA game, would be awesome, but I highly doubt it'll happen in this gen. Grappling hook is fun but I'm not that keen on seeing it in GTA, lol.

Edited by White Flight

I hate just cause i get headache from playing it, gta doesnt need to copy no one they have there own unique style and should stick with it.

Good post OP.

Just Cause 2 has given me buckets more fun that GTA 4 could ever dream of.

sleepy.gif

Lock n' Stock

Just Cause 2 is pretty good in my opinion. I do like the grappling hook, the huge map and base jumping but I find the missions somewhat repetitive. It still doesn't have kick-ass radio stations, online multiplayer or a well-written story. The voice acting is also terrible but I think that was intentional, haha. It's all meant to be like a chessy, over-the-top action B-movie. I've not really played the main game enough to decide what I think of it, I did spent alot of time with the demo though.

GroveStRoamer
Sure if I wanted some massive island with repeated textures and a city with less life than LC in GTA 1.

LOL

G1T

Equals Saints Row

Have you ever played the game?

I don't have JC2 but I must agree with OP about GTA 5's environment but, we know how it turned in GTA 4. Lags, lags, lags! The player may need to have have all parts as Recommended so that we can play the game well or they have to tweak the Draw Distance so that they make some imaginary textures. Still, Quality>Quantity.

seriously people comparing JC with GTA wouldn't see the difference between La Joconde and a kindergarten kid drawing

Just cause and saints row the turd worst games evar!

Seriously, i thought JC2 was the worst open world game, then saints row the turd hit the shelves. I hope GTA won't follow any feature of any of those 2 games. Ridiculous story and repetitive textures and deserted ghost towns, no thanks. didn't played the turd much and immediately remove it, but i remember mission from JC2 that nailed retardation 100% and that was riding nuclear warhead, dafuq was that suicidal.gif ?

user posted image

Seriously, i thought JC2 was the worst open world game, then saints row the turd hit the shelves. I hope GTA won't follow any feature of any of those 2 games. Ridiculous story and repetitive textures and deserted ghost towns, no thanks. didn't played the turd much and immediately remove it, but i remember mission from JC2 that nailed retardation 100% and that was riding nuclear warhead, dafuq was that suicidal.gif ?

You should learn english but majority of GTA 5 Section members don't know english so you are even.

SR3 sucks and same for JC2 but their environment was clear and big. Read the post of the OP and then you will understand everything better.

I do love JC2 but the map is stupidly big, even the fastest jet fighter takes years to get around the map, and you can forget about driving or walking, so I wouldn't be keen on a GTA map being quite that big!

Also it was a bit too ridiculous at some points (such as riding nuclear missiles) and there is no way I'd like to see stuff that mental in GTA.

seriously people comparing JC with GTA wouldn't see the difference between La Joconde and a kindergarten kid drawing

If your referring to the visuals then I would argue that Just Cause 2 is vastly superior to GTA IV.

You should learn english but majority of GTA 5 Section members don't know english so you are even.

SR3 sucks and same for JC2 but their environment was clear and big. Read the post of the OP and then you will understand everything better.

What is wrong with my english? I know it's not perfect, but it is good enough.

user posted image

Do you ever have anything positive to say if the game label doesn't say R* games. You have said some things before that were of being a homer, but you take the cake more and more each day. I thought the combat of IV staying the same was a ridiculous comment but again it is you.

So you don't appreciate a nice open world, with so many awesome easter eggs to find and hunt, tons of flyable vehicles, running around wherever you want too, driving, boating, catapulting all over the place from cars to cars, finding those places out in the ocean to discover and taking over all the tons of places to 100 percent complete. Man you only one game every five years it seems.

This would be a good idea to implement some of JC2 to GTAV, as least it will be a lot more fun, with a ton of variety in the open world.

How did you even get on this site? Isn't google etc censored to oblivion in China?

I am haxzor ph34r.gif

Kidding, this is not chinese, but Soviet flag.

Forum members can put any flag they want.

What made you think i'm from China catspider.gif ?

user posted image

Just Cause 2 is an epic game, I played it and enjoyed it to the most. The physics need major improvements, but overall, I really love the atmosphere of the game. The game actually looks photorealistic when you go high enough in the game.