Internet?

universetwisters

universetwisters

How could the internet in V be improved? (i apologize if theres oodles of topic like this)

ive been thinking of some pointers:

*more craplist posts (maybe someone trying to sell a car used in a murder/drive-by shooting, or someone asking to get rid of evidence?)

*a youtube-esque parody. Maybe it wont show actual videos like on the real youtube (due to engine limits), but maybe a GIF with sound?

*perhaps a wikipedia-style website, where they mention fictional events in the gta universe (like the australian-american war, etc)

*maybe a game site, where you can play sh*t like solitare, etc.

sTgL5iS.png

StateofMind15

Get rid of it. Just go to your computer and use that. Space is needed for better things.

Finn 7 five 11

a youtube-esque parody. Maybe it wont show actual videos like on the real youtube (due to engine limits), but maybe a GIF with sound

How is watching video limited by the engine?

You can watch T.V in IV, so what's the difference?

Sure it will be improved, i don't really care for it personally.

I've always itched for an improved internet, and your ideas are really cool. Good post!

universetwisters
a youtube-esque parody. Maybe it wont show actual videos like on the real youtube (due to engine limits), but maybe a GIF with sound

How is watching video limited by the engine?

You can watch T.V in IV, so what's the difference?

Sure it will be improved, i don't really care for it personally.

it wont be like "youtube", as in, you probably cant pause it or rewind or anything

sTgL5iS.png

Los Santos Pedestrian
*a youtube-esque parody. Maybe it wont show actual videos like on the real youtube (due to engine limits), but maybe a GIF with sound?

This, especially, would take up a lot of space. IV was already 15 GB; having videos online doesn't help too much.

sublimelabs

Using the internet in GTA IV was a blast. I found myself spending so much time browsing.

Personally I wanna see Rockstar have some sort of mention regarding the whole online censorship (SOPA) debacle.

JoyDivision

i hope it's back in. i spent hours on it between big playing sessions.

to the guy that suggested it's a waste of space, it's mainly text-based and takes up a tiny amount of disc space.

i just hope rockstar doesn't feel like they've already done it so they don't put it back in,.

Shreddy Krueger

The only time I used the internet was for Brucie's vehicle theft side-missions, to kill that gay guy and to set up the job interview. I never used the dating sites, I never bought any ringtones, I didn't read the news articles, didn't spend any additional time on the internet than what I needed to. Same with watching the tv. I find it a little weird to watch tv... on tv. Or browse some half-made internet where 90% of the links aren't clickable. Some of the advertisements I saw were pretty funny, but otherwise I just had no desire to have a playable character sit on his ass and browse the web.

walkingsickness
How could the internet in V be improved? (i apologize if theres oodles of topic like this)

ive been thinking of some pointers:

*more craplist posts (maybe someone trying to sell a car used in a murder/drive-by shooting, or someone asking to get rid of evidence?)

*perhaps a wikipedia-style website, where they mention fictional events in the gta universe (like the australian-american war, etc)

*maybe a game site, where you can play sh*t like solitare, etc.

Use it for more missions

That's all you can use it for really.

I'm not going to play a game, just to use the computer in the game.

Maybe also have it on the phone

GroveStRoamer

Good ideas you have there, no they are great! good way to keep me playing icon14.gif

G1T

universetwisters
The only time I used the internet was for Brucie's vehicle theft side-missions, to kill that gay guy and to set up the job interview. I never used the dating sites, I never bought any ringtones, I didn't read the news articles, didn't spend any additional time on the internet than what I needed to. Same with watching the tv. I find it a little weird to watch tv... on tv. Or browse some half-made internet where 90% of the links aren't clickable. Some of the advertisements I saw were pretty funny, but otherwise I just had no desire to have a playable character sit on his ass and browse the web.

I always thought the internet was a good way of expanding the in-game universe

sTgL5iS.png

Get rid of it. Just go to your computer and use that. Space is needed for better things.

It's not an internet simulator, it was basically a bunch of R*-style satirical sites that parody everyday popular sites. I don't see how I could see that on my computer. And it's just small pictures with text, it takes up insignificant space.

On topic: I'd just like to see more sites, I loved the feature in IV, spent hours laughing my ass off at the sites they parodied.

Edit: There was a Youtube parody in IV. It was basically a video-hosting site that had every single video disabled due to copyright "infringement."

Edited by DeafMetal

RedLightsBlueNights

Isn't this a Youtube parody already? I just want there to be a website on the home page that links to a list of websites.

jackass2009

They had something like this in IV, but there was no .GIF's. I think it was called electrictit.com or something.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I'm sure the internet will come back- since R* have registered domain names for websites.

Though I hope it comes back with playable games like online poker.

Branimir202

I think it'll be there, I believe a laptop was spotted in the background in the 1st trailer. Plus the domain names

Anyways all of those are great ideas, I'm sure they could find even more stuff to parody in LA as well

Another idea is buying weapons online like CTW. However I still would like to be able to visit the shop too.

Harwood Butch3r

Kind of like the space you wasted making this post? confused.gif

Anyway it would be hilarious if they made a parody of their own site in GTA V and made fun of the comments people have been making about boycotting them etc due to the wait for news about another GTA styled game. lol.gif

Instead of R* they parody themselves as "Blockstar". Instead of Social Club it should be "Unsocial Group". Instead of newswire it should be "nonewswire" or something like that. cool.gif

Edited by Miamivicecity

RedLightsBlueNights

Anyway it would be hilarious if they made a parody of their own site in GTA V and made fun of the comments people have been making about boycotting them etc due to the wait for news about another GTA styled game. lol.gif

"WTF StarRock? 22 hours without info for Car Jacking Simulator 5!"

universetwisters

"WTF StarRock? 22 hours without info for Car Jacking Simulator 5!"

hahaha i can actually see that happening! im kinda doing something like that for a mod, but still, these ar ekickass ideas dudes!

sTgL5iS.png