Replay Missions

superdrifter101

superdrifter101

do you guys remember mission replay feature in GTA IV if you fail mission you get the message from the mission's boss. in GTA V how i should be that was I m talking about set our own checkpoint, from where mission should start means SAVE DURING THE MISSION

how about an turn on and OFF option

it should work on free roam as well

Edited by superdrifter101
user posted image

we can set the check point during the mission and it will be save Instantly Post yours

Could you explain a little, i dont have a clue what you mean.

we can set the check point during the mission and it will be save Instantly  Post yours

Could you explain a little, i dont have a clue what you mean.

Same here

scarface910

I guess he meant save during a game, or autosave after a mission is finished. Something like that....

Shreddy Krueger

No idea what OP is talking about, but a mission replay system similar to TBOGT would be nice. I also wouldn't mind a fallout-style save system, where if something comes up and I can't finish a current mission, it'd be cool to save midway through, as opposed to having to forfeit the mission entirely.

wildstyle91

Bad idea, it would mean you can keep reloading at the point in the mission you keep dying, so if you saved 10 seconds before you can have another go straight away. This would mean any noob could complete the game it would be too easy. If you fail the mission, you should have to start from the beginning, not reload at the half way point.

Bad idea, it would mean you can keep reloading at the point in the mission you keep dying, so if you saved 10 seconds before you can have another go straight away. This would mean any noob could complete the game it would be too easy. If you fail the mission, you should have to start from the beginning, not reload at the half way point.

Yeah, I think that is what the OP meant. Not a good idea because it would make the missions too easy.

I would like a replay system like TBOGT though.

Reggie Wilson

No, setting your own checkpoint is stupid and I have never saw it on a game before.. I like the replay feature but I like them setting the checkpoints (if there is one).

Not in a mission but setting a checkpoint in freeroam could be usfull as long as you don't have a wanted level

Mokrie Dela

so, quicksave then?

Its been around for a long time. Might be useful in GTA...

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

I like how GTA 4 was, if you fail a mission, you have to redo the mission. That's how a game should be. No checkpoints. There were many times I was almost done on a long mission, and died at the end, sometimes from stupid reasons, like going to the final destination on a motorbike and crashing and dying. But the concept is, you fail a mission, you can try it over. It's not supposed to be fail a mission, but it's okay because you start off right where you left off. There is no fun or challenge in that. And whats the point of your health from that? Nothing, because if you die, you get it all back? If you fail a mission, you fail a mission, and you have to restart.

I like how it was in SA, where you could just skip the driving parts. Like in the mission 'Photo Opportunity', where you basically had to drive halfway around the entire map just to get to the actual mission. It's sucks having to drive really far during a mission, failing it, and having to drive all the way back, just to turn around and do it all over again. So I'd be cool with that aspect of the replay, but you should still be required to do everything else over again.

And whats the point of your health from that? Nothing, because if you die, you get it all back? If you fail a mission, you fail a mission, and you have to restart.

This!

I like dying on missions. It means I get to do it again. biggrin.gif And it means the mission was challenging.

I have an idea for replaying missions, instead of watching it in a TV like in Vice City Stories or in the mobile, I give a more realistic idea

How about get into bed and you have 2 options: Sleep (for saving the game) or sleep and replay the missions (like a dream or a flashback)

What do you think?

Checkpoints in missions are a bad idea! If a mission is half an hour long like End of the Line in San Andreas, checkpoints are welcomed (I actually think there was a check point in that particular mission and it worked just fine)

GTA IV was too easy to even see what replaying a mission bought so I don't know what you mean.

The only time I died was messing around free-roam with high start wanted levels. The cover system made for a game that was WAY too easy.

They should make the game actually hard before doing anything with mission replays.

I think it would be cool with the following features:

-Quicksave saves your health, ammo, and wanted level.

-There is a limited ammount of quicksaves during each mission.

White Flight

If i choose to retry the mission after I've been wasted, I want to have the same amount of ammo/armor as I did last time. If not I will end up loading instead as it's easier... So the way it was in IV kind of didn't work for me.