Natural Disasters in GTA V?

The Wolfman

The Wolfman

Anyone else think it would be cool and realistic to have natural disasters happen in GTA V?

Like tornadoes, volcanoes erupting, tsunami's, earthquakes, etc.

I think it would be cool.

Only if it's apart of the story and/or as a cheat.

RedLightsBlueNights

In one of the next Rockstar games maybe, but not now.

EDIT: Oh, and there's a Wishlist thread pinned up.

mooonlights

There could very well be Earthquakes and a Tsunami, after all its set in 2012 and could parody the 2012 end of the world thing.

RedLightsBlueNights

There could very well be Earthquakes and a Tsunami, after all its set in 2012 and could parody the 2012 end of the world thing.

Maybe pre-rendered, but not in real time. That's why I said in one of the next Rockstar games.

in GTA Vice City, the 'excuse' they made to lock the map was a hurricane,

don't know if that's what you were looking for.

but the aftermath of a hurricane if freaking sweet. there are no active volcano's in Cali.

I for one think Snooki's baby is a natural disaster anyways,

maybe they can include that?

'Minor' natural disasters such as freak storms, dustdevils out in the countryside, etc would be pretty cool to see in Grand Theft Auto V and could potentially add a whole lot of variety and detail to the game world as well as the gameplay in general. Of course, in situations where you are locked out of a certain area because of damage caused by a "hurricane" or "earthquake"; it would be awesome if there was visible ground, road and building damage as well as debris scattered around the place that block roads and such.

Having major disasters such as the above mentioned (hurricanes, tornado's, tsunami's, earthquakes or volcano eruptions), rendered real time in the game as you are playing, causing damage as they occur would use up an almost ridiculous amount of memory and disk space which would make it pretty much impossible to implement on current-generation hardware. Unless of course if these disasters didn't cause building damage but what would be the point of having them in the game if they don't cause damage to anything? May as well not have in the game at all.

RE9mJnf.png

Psychotic Mind

I hadn't put much thought into this, but i guess it would be pretty cool. I remember in some of the older GTA"S there were random plane crashes. Plane crashes, storms, lightining striking buildings, terrorist attack, other people commiting rampages, explosions. Extreme rain and snow.

Edited by Psychotic Mind

Racecarlock

It really depends on how you want the disasters to happen. If you want them to happen randomly in gameplay, then the buildings will have to be destroyable or something because otherwise it doesn't look very realistic. The other way this can happen is if it's just a cutscene in the story or if it was worked in there, which is far, far more possible, but at the same time it might freak out people who just got used to the map as it was before the disaster.

Shampson360

New trailer and info December 22nd 2012

Ispintechno

Random airplane crashes like in San Andreas would be cool. Natural disasters? hrm. I'd want to have an early game save to roam when the city looked nice still.

Grand Cannon

Would be cool if they were cheat codes like the weather effect ones in San Andreas.

Harwood Butch3r

Natural disaster? Zee's inevitable rant when GTA V comes out. What a sh*t storm that will be.

In all serousness I don't expect tornadoes etc. Hopefully there'll be huge gusts of wind during storms. I love the storms in GTA IV and RDR. smile.gif

Edited by Miamivicecity

Racecarlock
Natural disaster? Zee's inevitable rant when GTA V comes out. What a sh*t storm that will be.

Dude, what's with the jokes lately? Are you going for zee's comedian of the year award? I'm not mad or anything, but what's going on?

Harwood Butch3r

Dude, what's with the jokes lately? Are you going for zee's comedian of the year award? I'm not mad or anything, but what's going on?

Even mods like to have some harmless fun. wink.gif

mr. Anonymous

Earthquakes aren't to far from reality. The San Andreas fault is a major fault line throughout California. Wouldn't be surprised to see a fake San Andreas fault in-game making earthquakes.

Of course, in situations where you are locked out of a certain area because of damage caused by a "hurricane" or "earthquake"; it would be awesome if there was visible ground, road and building damage as well as debris scattered around the place that block roads and such.

Edited by Girish

Yes, i want it to be random too. You can't predict them in real life, why should you be able to in a game.

I find this topic interesting enough to talk about : If there were to put in the tornadoes & Volcanoes (Yellow stone ) just saying & beyond ,the only real reason i think we wont see it ,is that those disasters & Huge .

Imagine it in game : a tornado comes tghe graphics starts to lagg quite a bit & same for the other disasters..

So i think the lagg ,the magnitude of it coming in games or even GTA V for that matter will not happen.. as ADMIN said wind gusts & weather in the game & to sik as is ,& i agree 100%

LAGG is the factor (FPS DROPS) i think ... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

That would be amazing ei tornado heavy rain with hail ice that would be freaky

Geezus!

I can't understand how nobody has considered wildfires, they only really mess up parts of California every other year.

I could see Wildfires being a reason for restricting access to other 'islands' in GTA 5, even if they aren't seen. Head to far out of the allowed area and you'll encounter lots of smoke and police checkpoint telling you to turn back. Cross the line? 5 star rating, or maybe you'll just encounter a wall of fire.

PowerKracker

Yeah, I think there should be a random chance for a tornado that completely wrecks the city, after which you can't progress in the game and you have to restart it.

Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc

Problemses?

I'd love natuarally occurring disasters to appear randomly throughout the game

Also love to see a cheat that makes I'll of them happen at once like an apocalypse. PC cheat can be DAMNMAYANS

Anyone else think it would be cool and realistic to have natural disasters happen in GTA V?

Like tornadoes, volcanoes erupting, tsunami's, earthquakes, etc.

I think it would be cool.

WOULD BE GREAT! sigh.gif

user posted image

I've suggested before that a strand of missions centred around an earthquake (akin to the Riot strand in SA) would be cool. I can only see it working in missions though, as you could have the national guard out and looters running around which would add an interesting element to missions. It wouldn't really work in free roam though.

However you could have slight tremors, as opposed to a proper full on quake, happen during normal game-play. Just where the ground/screen shakes for 5 seconds and you hear some alarms going off and pedestrians making comments about it. Could happen fairly rarely and wouldn't really make any difference to what you ever you're actually doing.

Spider-Vice

Yeah, I'd like to have natural disasters in V. It's pretty likely you can have an earthquake, and I do hope Rockstar improves the storms and makes them vary in intensity, now that would be cool. Imagine yourself speeding in the freeway and a tree falls down on top of your car tounge.gif

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away