3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Rare game(s) you own

Algonquin Assassin

IVIechanomics

Ar Tonelico & Ar Tonelico II. Even back when they were new, I saw maybe one or two copies out in GameStop.

The Odyssey

Amped_2_Coverart.png

Also Amped 1. Never liked the 3rd one.

Xbox exclusive underrated to hell, I wonder if anyone here has played it. Google only gives few results like wikipedia articles and the most viewed YT video on it has 5000 views

Cosmic Gypsy

Deathrow_(Xbox)_PAL_cover.jpg

One of the best games for the original Xbox in my opinion, really wish they'd make another one.

wreckless-fuer-xbox.jpg

And this, loved this game, still looks half decent graphically today in my view.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

a20characterusername

Ar Tonelico & Ar Tonelico II. Even back when they were new, I saw maybe one or two copies out in GameStop.

The original Disgaea was another modern game that was difficult to find when it first came out. Took almost a year before I found a used copy that turned up at a local Gamestop.

Not sure, whether these count as rare or not, you guys decide,

Talking of original PC-CD Packs and release.

No One Lives forever 1

Wizardry 8

Grim Fandango

Clive Barker's Undying

Driver

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Road Rash

Yes also own Enter the Matrix (PC copy). Extremely sh*tty game tho (was so hyped back in the day and 'liked it' when I first played it on my crappy computer back in the day).

It took me months/a couple of years to realise how sh*t it was really. New computer, being able to decently run it (altho, normally I should). And you notice how broken that sh*t was.

Man, now I remember how much of a pain it was to install, to actually get it to install... no wait, to patch sh*t/donwload tweaks and set up the installer properly so it FINALLY could install the game. And afterwards you had to set up even more sh*t/download more tweaks/patches to get it to run.

And even then it ran like f*cking goddamn diarrhea pouring from crevices from the ceiling into a paper cup. Yeah... f*ck that game really.

I have a large collection of Atari games, not sure what's rare as most are probably hard to find now.

Have about 100 NES games - one of which was never released. We had a japanese friend who's dad's friend worked for a game company. He was given a game to try out but they never asked for it back. Somehow I now have it - maybe I traded him something for it. I don't speak Japanese so it's hard to play the game.

I have about 20 games on each system; SNES, Sega, N64, PS1, GameCube, Xbox, Nothing rare or unreleased that I'm aware of. Just some unknown games that didn't sell well, and one beta game my friend had from his dev job.

Edited by DarrinPA

• 2 weeks later...
Snoochie_Boochies

Not sure how rare they are, but my original xbox copies of Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, Vice city, halo 1, and the Simpsons Hit and Run are in a condition that would be hard to find without spending a crapload on Amazon

Edited by Snoochie_Boochies

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

-Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600(loose)

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre for Atari 2600(loose)

-Tax Avoiders for Atari 2600(loose)

-A few Atari 2600 homebrews that no one has probably ever heard of.

I have a orginal copy of gta Sa with hot coffee with the box and manual for xbox and had the orginal FF for nes

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Yes also own Enter the Matrix (PC copy). Extremely sh*tty game tho (was so hyped back in the day and 'liked it' when I first played it on my crappy computer back in the day).

It took me months/a couple of years to realise how sh*t it was really. New computer, being able to decently run it (altho, normally I should). And you notice how broken that sh*t was.

Man, now I remember how much of a pain it was to install, to actually get it to install... no wait, to patch sh*t/donwload tweaks and set up the installer properly so it FINALLY could install the game. And afterwards you had to set up even more sh*t/download more tweaks/patches to get it to run.

And even then it ran like f*cking goddamn diarrhea pouring from crevices from the ceiling into a paper cup. Yeah... f*ck that game really.

Path of Neo was unbeatable. One of the best games ever made, and puts Enter the Matrix to extreme shame. I remember playing that game, too good! :D

Don't know if it is that rare, but I was just talking about X-Files and I remembered I have this game. Condition is not the best because it has just been lying around untouched and forgotten for more than 14 years lol. I used to love this game back in the day!

utf-8BMXhmaWxlcy5qcGc_zpsf847a0c4.jpg

utf-8BQ0FNMDA0MzMuanBn_zps4b3dfcd6.jpg

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

I don't know if it's rare (it should be in Europe, since it wasn't ever released outside of US), but I own a couple of Jampacks for the PS2.

55197_front.jpg

Edited by Zancudo

• 5 months later...

Just recently bought this, the game isn't rare but the MaX Pack is quite hard to get;

IMG_20141102_115724.jpg

Contents:

IMG_20141102_115822.jpg

• Like 2

Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven, physical, from 2002. It's sorta rare these days.

The Harwood Bitcher

I have a orginal copy of gta Sa with hot coffee with the box and manual for xbox and had the orginal FF for nes

Those even exist or were a mith ?

Those even exist or were a mith ? yep people have them still. wish I still had my orginal final fantasy on the nes. Gta SA is rare cause you can do the hot coffee if you mod it

• 6 months later...
Richard Power Colt

I have a copy of Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 which I hear is pretty valuable these days. Though it's missing the manual and the art cards or whatever which came with the "limited edition"(the limited edition though I hear is actually not that uncommon of an edition for this game). Maybe my mom has those somewhere, but I have no idea.

Edited by GTAandStuff

I own an R-Type Final, not sure how rare it is (I got a physical copy and is on Playstation 2)? Highly doubt it's rare though.

151199-R-Type_Final_(USA)-1.jpg

Also, when I first got my Xbox 360 (yes, the white one) it only came with a game and a memory card. However, I am not selling the Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc because I can't sell it in stores.

1387607-comp_box.png

I also own one of these lol

1146043-914599_front.jpg

I guess GTA San Andreas is pretty damn rare, but I got that game in a 3 bundle set (includes GTA Vice City & GTA III). I also have Liberty City Stories (ps2) & Vice City Stories on PSP. I have a Gran Turismo on the PSP which came with my silver PSP.

Edited by Landotel

I never see anyone say anything about Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for the Gamecube. I want to own it again, but I can't find it at all.

As for what I own, I have the original Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3 Legendary Edition with the Essentials Disk, Steelbook case, and Chief's Helmet.

As for rare hardware, I own an original Developer's Xbox One controller (I MADE THIS LAUNCH TEAM 2013) signed by Tanner Foust. Not sure how valuable that is, but there was two controllers on Ebay ranging from $250 to $650, and mine is signed by a world famous record-holding drifter/rally racer.

GTA3Rockstar

us-front-box-macintosh.jpg

Not rare in its self but it's a 90s(1996) game, so it could be, and definitely was fun to play as a kid with an older brother of mine.

You can play it online https://titanicadventureoutoftime.wordpress.com/ | http://www.danielhobi.ch/taoot/, or download it and play. Give it a try or maybe you have played it before? :)

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

ppNaW16.png

KarimNTerr

The rarest game I currently own is Oni, a 2001 Cyberpunk-themed video game developed by Bungie and published by Rockstar Games. There's no game like this one, it is a unique, yet very underrated game - the only one that shares some similarities with Oni is Dontnod's Remember Me, and Oni's fanbase even considered it a "spiritual sequel to Oni". It's an Action/Beat 'em Up/Third Person Shooter game with a very cool fighting system. The game is set in a dystopian city in 2032, and you play as a TCTF (Technological Crimes Task Force) agent code-named Konoko. The storyline is very interesting, while its gameplay is revolutionary. At first, the game frustrated me a bit, it's pretty hard, but when I got used to the controls scheme I enjoyed it a lot. Also, some of the game's elements have been strongly inspired by the "Ghost in the Shell" anime, manga and video game series - the most notable is Konoko being very similar to the "Ghost in the Shell" protagonist, Motoko.

zbhEXO6.png

KilnerLUFC

Rare games don't tend to rise in price much anyway.

No, course they don't, that's why the going rate for a boxed Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64) is around £120 at the cheapest, with the cart alone averaging over the £50 mark. Twilight Princess (Gamecube) is pretty much also above the £60 mark anywhere you look. The harder a game comes to find, the higher in price it will rise, it's a common fact. If people know their business, then it's near impossible you will ever find the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Abes Oddysee etc in any bargain bin.

ten-a-penny

GTA:SA - probably the only non-modded copy for the PS2. GTA games are everywhere, but finding a working, non-modded copy is as rare as a friendly crocodile.

Also, Savage Skies. Game was everywhere back in 2010 but now I can't find it anywhere.

I still have the Quest for Glory Collectors Edition, which includes the original ancient Quest for Glory, the VGA remake, QFG II, III and IV, a soundtrack cd and the demo of Quest for Glory V (because it was released sometime before V came out in 1998). I guess it's pretty rare because I've never seen it anywhere else. Loved the series!

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

Had I kept it, I would have still had my sealed black bar copy of Silent Hill 2. Never could mount the courage to play it, so I traded it in back in '05 to start my PC gaming life.