Art style for box art and loading screens

dooshtoomun

dooshtoomun

In the III era, the box art consisted of the different planes showing different situations in a cartoon.

user posted image

This changed in the IV era when they took a more realistic approach.

user posted image

What do you think the cover and loading screen art style will be like in GTAV?

Hopefully kinda like my penis.We could all be so lucky...

In which aspect(s)? Because if it were to be the size of your penis, how on earth would the game disc fit in the tray? notify.gif

Edited by gionascm2

It will be same concept as always broken mirror n in the middle GTA V

So are R* going to hand out microscopes with all copies, then?

G1T

thekenny5217

So are R* going to hand out microscopes with all copies, then?

user posted image

on topic i kinda want the cover of gta v to look like gta 4

it would be cool if R* gave out steel cases of gta v for people who pre order the limited edition

Edited by thekenny5217

I love the artworks and hope they continue with it and maybe even take it a step further. I hope we can download many more that will show up on the loading screen. Also having artworks like that in in-game books, magazines, posters etc... some artwork with mini stories/series, but some that also includes hidden, secrets, revealing and other useful and interesting stuff.

Harwood Butch3r

I like GTA IV's more artistic cover art. Hopefully it'll be retained in GTA V. Really all of R*'s recent cover arts have been superbly well done IMO.

I agree that they will probably go with a similar loading screen style as they have done with Grand Theft Auto IV - I quite liked the fact that the images in the Grand Theft Auto IV loading screens actually had movement in them and I think they will continue this style in Grand Theft Auto V. The same with the box art - with a collage of wallpaper images that show a number of different scenes as was done in almost all Grand Theft Auto titles in the past.

I highly doubt that Rockstar would change the base box art/loading screen style that they have used since Grand Theft Auto III in any major way - as it, in a way, kind of identifies Grand Theft Auto as Grand Theft Auto, in my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

They could take inspiration from EA's sport titles and release multiple different covers?

I like the San Andreas style of cartoon but it really doesn't phase me at all.

Harwood Butch3r

user posted image

Something like this would be cool.

A little Saints Row-ish IMO. It does look cool, but yeah.

ShotGunRain

Yeah, but if they are going the gangster theme that cover would fit perfectly. I think we are going to get something like GTA IV's cover with a helicopter at the top left part of the cover smile.gif

Harwood Butch3r

Yeah, but if they are going the gangster theme that cover would fit perfectly. I think we are going to get something like GTA IV's cover with a helicopter at the top left part of the cover smile.gif

True. It's still looks amazing though. Bit of a break away from the traditional GTA cover art.

Pretty much all the games (all gta3 era anyway) have a helicopter in the top left square. Hope they carry this on.

I just didn't like how there were things on the cover arts that weren't in the game. Like riding the gondola trams and being able to look out of them with the door open, or shoot out of the helicopter.

Also, 9/10 from IGN? I seriously doubt it. They gave IV a 10 despite it having many problems and declaring it the "best game in the past 10 years". Their gameplay coverage is good but they're obviously paid by the companies to give good reviews and are just general biased dick riders.

Axed

I kinda dont like the art of GTA IV. I would want something a little brighter and less pastelle. I liked the graffiti style of the older GTA's.

If they could somehow use the GTA IV style but not make it look like oil paintings I would be cool with that.

ShnePmW.jpg?5

Death2Drugs

I like the IV art style. Bring it back but to fit the SoCal vibe.

user posted image

I like that icon14.gif

Holy sh*t, imagine how awesome this would look as a steelbook case.

user posted image

I like that icon14.gif

Holy sh*t, imagine how awesome this would look as a steelbook case.

That looks like Saints row 2.

dooshtoomun
user posted image

Although not sticking to traditions, that would be nice!

Yeah I have to agree. I like the art on the GTA4 box without the cartoon-ish lines. However, they should make it more colourful and vibrant to match the warmer and more tropical themes of Los Santos or Los Angeles.

For me the traditional comic style box art has become a part of the game and it would be sick and wrong to say other wise