I need some help installing mods for GTA IV...

tyler_rocks

tyler_rocks

Hi. (Hope this is the right section to post this)

I just picked up GTA IV a few days ago for PC, so I'm new to this...

I want to get into the lcpdfr, and a bunch of other mods.

I downloaded LCPDFR and it does work.

I downloaded a few police mod vehicles, and they work.

I downloaded ELS, it works.

Randomly the Taser for lcpdfr isn't working...

I'm trying to get Simple Native Trainer but I cant seem to get it to work.

I have Spark IV

I'm confused on where to download the files to, or how to organize them

I see people talk about putting them in your directory... what is that? (sorry I'm a noob lol) suicidal.gif

I've been making folders and putting stuff into it, Like ELS or LCPDFR have there own files inside a folder in the gta folder, just to keep it organized... is that right?

I've googled everything and I cant really find any answers, hope I can find some here...

Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, how do I check what version or patch my GTA IV is? It did patch something when I first installed with the windows live thingy

Edited by tyler_rocks

MattyDienhoff

Hey, I can't help you with all of your questions but I'll do my best.

I see people talk about putting them in your directory... what is that?

They're probably referring to the game directory, which is another way of describing the GTA IV folder.

I've been making folders and putting stuff into it, Like ELS or LCPDFR have there own files inside a folder in the gta folder, just to keep it organized... is that right?

No. The game will only 'find' modified files if they're in the correct places. If you put them in non-standard folders, the game won't find them and won't use them. See the readme.txt usually included with each mod you download to find out where its files should go.

how do I check what version or patch my GTA IV is? It did patch something when I first installed with the windows live thingy

Find your Grand Theft Auto IV directory (that is, folder), find GTAIV.exe. Right click on it and select properties. Click on the 'details' tab. File version should be visible there. I'm using Windows 7 but this should work in earlier versions too.