GTA EFLC Installation problem

mrmohamed2001

mrmohamed2001

Alright uhh, I just bought EFLC, now at the near end, it shows me this error:

"There was an error in extracting the file

ERROR: Unknown

CODE: 252

Click Retry to retry or cancel to cancel the installation"

Right now, I am re-trying... hope it works, will edit if it works, till now, I just need some help.

By re-trying, I mean the -WHOLE- installation, not only this part.. I always use downloads and stuff so, this never happened to me before.

mrmohamed2001

How many disks are there?

2, I tried un-inserting the first and adding the second, but got Code 1 also using Windows 7 Home.

EDIT: Also nope, re-trying the whole installation didn't work. (Only made me sleep for like 2 hours) Also bought Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City from the same shop and it worked fine, more like.. EPIC.. just tested it.

Edited by mrmohamed2001

GTAIV/EFLC disk seem to be of rather bad quality and as such are prone to this type of errors. Try copying both disks manually to a hdd folder and then install from there. If you have some other PC at hand, you can try copying files from there, for example over a network.

mrmohamed2001

GTAIV/EFLC disk seem to be of rather bad quality and as such are prone to this type of errors. Try copying both disks manually to a hdd folder and then install from there. If you have some other PC at hand, you can try copying files from there, for example over a network.

Meaning? sorry but.. this is my umm.. first time in installing games (Bought one's, usually dling stuff)

EDIT:Is it like..

Take all the stuff from Disc 1, place it in a folder, do the same with disc 2, but place it in a diffrent folder or the same folder?

Also, could this happen due to my DVD/CD driver heating the CD's/DVD's? because the Operation Raccoon City install took like.. 10 minutes and when I got it out it was hot like hell..

Edited by mrmohamed2001

It can be due to a faulty drive.

Yes, copy both dvds to the same folder.

mrmohamed2001

Works, thanks -VERY- much... no problems.. till now...

EDIT:Another problem, Tried to install a mod, when I try to open the .dat files to edit them for handling, colors, etc. Alot of weird words appear, unknown language, I will try to install Notepad ++ and try. The mod works fine ingame though, model textures all fine and good.

Edited by mrmohamed2001