Is the WiiU holding up V?

diablo400

Could it be rockstar is stalling for the WiiU to be released? Think about it, last generation the Wii was probably not powerful enough to run GTA4. Even if they tried it would have struggled compared to PS3/360 together with the unconventional Wii controls. But now the updated WiiU will be at least up to current generation standards with HD support along with the WiiU Pro controller. So perhaps rockstar have secretly been developing it for all the systems including WiiU.

We know everyone will say the WiiU is next generation. But to be honest it appears to be more of an updated Wii console with HD graphics and an LCD controller. They didn’t reveal any hardware specs so its difficult to say for certain. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was virtually the same spec as the original Wii with minor improvements. Aesthetically even the casing itself looked the same.

Do you guys think this could be a possibility? Or will they be more focussed on PS3 and 360 because those are the systems they have the most experience with and their largest customer base? Therefore a WiiU version of V wont be a priority as it could always be developed and released later on during its life cycle. The way its usually been done for PC.

Short answer, no.

Slightly longer answer. The Wii-U will be out before GTA:V is released. If GTA:V is destined to be launched for the Wii-U, Rockstar will already have been given the necessary development resources by Nintendo. But the Wii-U won't be holding up GTA:V.

GTA V is likely coming out in October. Wii U is likely coming out in late November (for the holiday rush). If GTA V is on Wii U, it would be a launch title, just a little later than the other consoles. (Kinda like with what happened on the Gamecube and Wii with Zelda Twilight Princess.)

infiniteammo

Grand Theft Auto and Nintendo. Outside of the handheld Nintendo market, has there been a GTA on a Nintendo console?

~ POST REMOVED BY SELF ~

Ok, to say something ontopic: Based on the Wii U demos at E3, it may not be capable of GTA V. Besides, it's not a mature console, only people with mental issues play Nintendo. I mean, seriously, PIKMIN 3? Super Mario Bros U? Super Mega Princess LOVECANDY? Just wtf.

Oh wait, I can rub my fingers on its big ass controller touchscreen.

Edited by Gege

scarface910

EDIT: removed

EDIT2:

Could be a possibility, who knows, then again Wii U is targeted towards more relaxed gamers and basically people from ages 8-80(unrealistic age range) while the hardcore gamers are playing on the 360/ps3/PC

as far as capability, it is supposedly 1.5 times or 2x better than the xbox

http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/06/08/the-wii...-and-other-fun/

Edited by crackhead91090

Lock n' Stock
Grand Theft Auto and Nintendo. Outside of the handheld Nintendo market, has there been a GTA on a Nintendo console?

Nope. Rockstar have released games on Nintendo consoles before such as the Nintendo 64 (Earthworm Jim 3D), Gamecube (Smuggler's Run: Warzones) and of course the Wii (Table Tennis, Manhunt 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition) but none of them have been GTA games. I think they were planning to release GTA III and Vice City on the Gamecube at one point but it didn't go through.

RedLightsBlueNights
~ POST REMOVED BY SELF ~

Ok, to say something ontopic: Based on the Wii U demos at E3, it may not be capable of GTA V. Besides, it's not a mature console, only people with mental issues play Nintendo. I mean, seriously, PIKMIN 3? Super Mario Bros U? Super Mega Princess LOVECANDY? Just wtf.

There's ZombiU. That's pretty realistic and gory. One life, no checkpoints. When you die, you get a new "level one" character, but can pick up your old items. There's Assassin's Creed 3 and Arkham City as well.

Gtaghost22
~ POST REMOVED BY SELF ~

This

oh, and GTA V won't be released for the Wii-U by the way

No.

If it did come out on WIIU I'd expect it to come out later like Bully: Scholarship edition did.

G1T

Nobody want to waste money developing on the Wii u, R* neither.

Nintendo has Lego City Stories, that's enough for them, it's a gtaesque game for casual and children with a history of great successes in the franchise.

Nobody will buy wii u because of gta, also Lego City has sh*tty grahics.

Nope. Rockstar have released games on Nintendo consoles before such as the Nintendo 64 (Earthworm Jim 3D), Gamecube (Smuggler's Run: Warzones) and of course the Wii (Table Tennis, Manhunt 2, Bully: Scholarship Edition) but none of them have been GTA games. I think they were planning to release GTA III and Vice City on the Gamecube at one point but it didn't go through.

Chiatown War is the only GTA title made it to Nintendo console I believe (The DS), but even that Nintendo has been complaining endlessly about GTA's criminality (including drugs dealing). So, most likely R* will never develop anymore GTA title for Nintendo consoles, since this platform just isn't for matured players.

I believe most people who own a Wii U and are interested in GTA V would also own an Xbox 360 or PS3, and would buy it for one of those consoles anyway. So who exactly is the market for GTA V on the Wii U?

The__Phoenix

IGN: One of the things that is on the minds of active core gamers is 'console parity'. If I'm going to get a Wii U, it's going to need to have what's on PS3 or Xbox 360, minus first party.But when I look at what you guys have announced currently, I'm not seeing Resident Evil 6, GTA V is a big one, Tomb Raider, some of these major, major third-party offerings. Are you at all concerned that Wii U doesn't necessarily have those games? Is it just a matter of maybe that third parties - we were talking about western developers maybe waiting for that installed base - is that something you're noticing, that western developers are pulling back a little bit?

Fils-Aime: Well, certainly the typical western developer does wait for the installed base. Unless they are so passionate that they make a big bet, like Ubisoft has made a big bet. Obviously Warner Bros. has made a bet.

Beyond that, I wouldn't take the fact that things haven't been announced yet as a signal that it's not happening. But, you know... My job is to launch the system and to drive its installed base, and we're going to do that very effectively. And then hopefully that will create the opportunity for third parties to jump on board.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/e3-2...ing-wii-u-retro

Conclusions; wiiu doesn´t care a sh*t to Rockstar(and the rest of big western developers) until nintendo has 5-10 million of consoles sold(ie never ever icon14.gif )

Chiatown War is the only GTA title made it to Nintendo console I believe (The DS), but even that Nintendo has been complaining endlessly about GTA's criminality (including drugs dealing). So, most likely R* will never develop anymore GTA title for Nintendo consoles, since this platform just isn't for matured players.

Is that so? I guess none of these others exist then... sarcasm.gif

user posted image

Do any of you actually think before you post?

PowerKracker

Whether it'll come out or not, it's like people here have no idea what they're talking about. Nintendo has no problems with mature games on their platforms since 1999.

Problemses?

i hate wii consoles f boring bad graphics

That's nice, no one is talking about the Wii. The WiiU is a different console. That's like saying I hate the PS1 when someone is talking about the PS2.

Sneakerhead.
Nintendo has Lego City Stories, that's enough for them, it's a gtaesque game for casual and children with a history of great successes in the franchise.

I did not know that Lgo City Stories was a real game. dontgetit.gif

sublimelabs

Holding up? Not sure about that. Though you guys should really stop assuming things.

It's very clear that Nintendo is extremely interested in targeting audiences besides just the casual crowd. Getting Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham City, and Assassin's Creed 3 on board shows that. Even if they're late to the party, it's happening. ZombiU looks very dark, and fun. GTA V on Wii U isn't an impossibility.

The real question here is whether or not Rockstar would bother coming up with interesting gamepad features. And adding controller pro support.

It's already clear that the Wii U is capable of great graphics. If Rockstar ended up developing GTA V like Max Payne 3 -- developing versions parallel to each other, then it's very possible that the Wii U version would end up looking a bit better than the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.

Yes GTA ADVANCE !! for gameboy smile.gif