Rockstar working on 5 separate projects - Analyst

superdrifter101

5 separate Projects?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. 5 separate Projects?

• GTAV>agent>bully2>manhunt>RDR
    • GTAV>agent>GTA for VITA>midnight>RDR
    • GTAV>agent>GTA for VITA>Bully2>RDR

TLAD/TBOGT do not count as full games. They are only 20 or so missions long. They are add-ons for GTA4, the main game.

I can play them without running IV, by playing EFLC. They are definitely games. The only thing they're missing is a new map.

Yes, you can also play Blue Shift and Opposing Force seperate from Half-Life. Does that mean they're Half-Life 2 and should be called Half Life 2? No. They are add-ons with their own story. They are not proper sequels. EFLC was not a proper GTA sequel, and no amount of finagleing or word play or technicalities will prove otherwise.

Yes, I think that, after due consideration, Half Life 2 should be called Half Life 2.

Anyway, almost everything you would consider to be needed for a new GTA game was provided in EFLC. New missions, new stories, graphical and gameplay improvements (well, the TBoGT graphics were better at least), new features, a new soundtrack and new vehicles and weapons. As I said, the only thing that was missing was a new map. While I'm unsure whether they're sequels or not (can they be sequels if they're part of the same story as the original? Maybe?) I am very sure that the EFLC are games, and they are GTA games.

Yes. They are GTA games.

Then we agree. It's been 2 years and 8 months since the last GTA game.

OtherSurvivor

and lets get back to Bully 2 speculation. Im guessing 2013-2014.

We can assume that GTA V may release at Fall 2012 or Early 2013.

Rockstar already announced Agent back in 2009 (unfortunately, we don't know how far in development they are right now with the game).

Dan Houser mentioned Bully 2 in an interview about Max Panty 3 back in 2011, and said they're going to start working on it after they finish Max Shame 3. Rockstar take somewhat like 3 or 4 years to produce a new game, so my bet is that Bully 2 would be announced in 2016 more or less.

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited though because almost all of what's being worked on right now are sequels and remakes. Not much original product for the moment. And your estimation is way off. "We're going to start working on it after MP3" actually means "We're going to announce that we're working on it after MP3".

Edited by OtherSurvivor

TLAD/TBOGT do not count as full games. They are only 20 or so missions long. They are add-ons for GTA4, the main game.

I can play them without running IV, by playing EFLC. They are definitely games. The only thing they're missing is a new map.

Yes, you can also play Blue Shift and Opposing Force seperate from Half-Life. Does that mean they're Half-Life 2 and should be called Half Life 2? No. They are add-ons with their own story. They are not proper sequels. EFLC was not a proper GTA sequel, and no amount of finagleing or word play or technicalities will prove otherwise.

Yes, I think that, after due consideration, Half Life 2 should be called Half Life 2.

Anyway, almost everything you would consider to be needed for a new GTA game was provided in EFLC. New missions, new stories, graphical and gameplay improvements (well, the TBoGT graphics were better at least), new features, a new soundtrack and new vehicles and weapons. As I said, the only thing that was missing was a new map. While I'm unsure whether they're sequels or not (can they be sequels if they're part of the same story as the original? Maybe?) I am very sure that the EFLC are games, and they are GTA games.

Yes. They are GTA games.

No, its been almost five years since we've had a proper GTA sequel.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Yes. They are GTA games.

What's that got to do with the fact it's been just over 2 1/2 years since the last GTA game? And, again, it's been around 4 years since IV.

OT: Whether Patcher's right about his deductions/guesswork will depend a lot on what R* are going to do with GTA V. Are they going to do a WiiU port? How elaborate are the DLC plans? Also, can Rockstar games actually work on five games at once? The last five years show that maybe they should stick with 3 or 4 or expand.

Yes. They are GTA games.

No, it's been 8 years since we got a nice GTA.

GTA IV just suck, you can't call it a GTA.

G1T

Los Santos Pedestrian

*sigh*

Like I said before, Chinatown Wars was the most recent GTA game. It doesn't matter if it was made by a different studio than Rockstar North. Do you know Call of Duty? You should know that it's developed by two studios: Infinity Ward and Treyarch. That doesn't mean that the games not developed by Infinity Ward aren't "proper" Call of Duty games. Almost every game in the franchise also has less than 20 levels; does that also make them non-proper sequels?

Long story short; you're wrong.

1. GTA V

2. Bully 2

3. Agent

4. RDR Sequel

5. LA Noire Sequel

Rockstar said to expect a sequel to LA Noire and an RDR sequel is rumoured to be in the making.

Agreed! icon14.gif

*sigh*

Like I said before, Chinatown Wars was the most recent GTA game. It doesn't matter if it was made by a different studio than Rockstar North. Do you know Call of Duty? You should know that it's developed by two studios: Infinity Ward and Treyarch. That doesn't mean that the games not developed by Infinity Ward aren't "proper" Call of Duty games. Almost every game in the franchise also has less than 20 levels; does that also make them non-proper sequels?

Long story short; you're wrong.

Chinatown Wars is not a console game its a handheld game. Dosnt count. Read before you try to troll.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Im sorry to rain on the parade but just seen a comment on RockStar Newswire which says this --

FeelThePayne1 day ago

@R* Whatever happened to the Mobile Android Version of the first Max Payne game? Was it cancelled?

R* Q6 hours, 12 minutes ago

@FeelThePayne We'll have some news on the Max Payne Mobile release for Android this week- stay tuned!

LINK (First comment replied to by R* as you go down)

So would that be one of the 5? starting to hate Max Payne

• 2 months later...
FloridaGatorPride

I dont beleive this guy! They are in FULL developement of GTA5! LEGGO