LA Noire sequel?

HOW'S ANNIE?

HOW'S ANNIE?

Discuss your ideas on a sequel to LA Noire here. (EG. Gameplay changes you want, location, etc)

Personally I would really want something which has a completely unrelated story, based in a seperate city like New York. No gameplay changes pop into mind to start with, yet I'm sure there would need to be some.

Mokrie Dela

In before the lock

My biggest idea: no suceeded or failed interviews - each 'guess' (lie truth doubt) will lead to a different reply and a different lead. No more punishing Jon psychic or what have you. Branching storyline, with closed or failed cases leading to different story outcomes, promotions and demotions.

And make your partners useful. There is no point in then in this game.

Also let us be a crooked cop. Cole was so goody goody it pissed me off

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Los Santos Pedestrian
Cole was so goody goody it pissed me off

You probably have "Grand Theft Auto" syndrome; where you think every Rockstar protagonist will be a blood-thirsty mass murderer

Boss Greaser

I liked Cole and how he wasn't a crooked cop. It shows who he truly was. A man that chose the right path.

As for in a different city just say "L.A. Noire in NYC?" No. Just no. Keep in L.A.

G1T

I liked Cole and how he wasn't a crooked cop. It shows who he truly was. A man that chose the right path.

Yeah, a guy who cheated on his wife with a whore and shamed the entire police force while still acting like a hero is REALLY not currupt sigh.gif.

I'd like for the storyline to

A) Start at the beginning of the game, not two thirds in. The main storyline is only hinted at up until Vice, it was completely pointless.

2) Make sense, there was no reason for Cole to sleep with a character we see in two cutscenes, it was just thrown in there to make him more three dimensional.

Edited by AceRay

It'd be cool if they could either change the setting to an untouched east coast city like Boston or maybe bring the game to modern times and tie in the investigations to correspond with a few of the prominent missions of GTA V. You could lead an investigation toward the GTA protagonist but eventually getting to one of his henchman. In GTA V one of your henchman could be marked as a snitch and you'd have to take him out.

Boss Greaser

Someone lock this topic. Wanna know why?

There will never be a L.A. Noire sequel. Team Bondi is no longer a company. They shut down in 2011. Cole is dead. Everyone went on in there life. Nothing changed. END.

Proof:Here

G1T

locolow2011

Hey Boss watch the spoilers man!

Also R* said something about "sometime" doing an L.A. Noire sequel, meaning that if they feel like it they can make a sequel.

So anyways, IF they make one i'd like it for the game to be in 50's Chicago, would be a great setting i think.

jackass2009
Cole was so goody goody it pissed me off

You probably have "Grand Theft Auto" syndrome; where you think every Rockstar protagonist will be a blood-thirsty mass murderer

Cole built an ivory tower for himself, to look down on everyone else as moral degenerates. He was a dick, yes, but he was deluded. A little dose of reality and I'm pretty sure he would've came down from his throne and act like a person, not somebody whose favorite game to play is "Holier Than Thou."

Claude4Catalina

I'd love to see a spiritual successor based in 2008's Baltimore. not a straight up sequel but use the core mechanics of LA Noire, and inkeeping with the media based theme, use The Wire as the main inspiration but take other elements from modern cop shows...so still have the shootout with armed robbers, the car chases with drug suspects, kicking doors down, the SWAT teams armed to f*ck, and everything inbetween. but keep at the centre of it a well written story with an anti hero, the flawed average Joe trying to stay on the straight and narrow in a town where straight and narrow means either sitting in a bar half cut at 7PM or dealing dope on a street corner.

UtricularEwe001

There will never be a L.A. Noire sequel. Team Bondi is no longer a company. They shut down in 2011. Cole is dead. Everyone went on in there life. Nothing changed. END.

if i am correct, R* owns the IP so technically they can make a sequel

i want the next game to focus on 1960's miami. smile.gif

friendly luggage

What about a game set in London? I'm not sure on the era though but if they do make another game, they better improve the driving physics. I understand LA.Noire isn't about that but it could of been better.

Claude4Catalina

1980's Miami...black and white partners...pastel suits...on the Miami Police Department Vice Desk...Christ on a bike the similarities are blinding!

Mokrie Dela
So anyways, IF they make one i'd like it for the game to be in 50's Chicago, would be a great setting i think.

This.

When I think of 'noire' I think of Chicago for some reason.

Maybe even have the game span from prohibition era/20s as a young cop to the fifties as an old wise (anddependin on how you play possible corrupt ) cop

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Cosmic Gypsy

My idea? Online mode.

I hate the way they ignored online for this game with an exuse like "We don't want generic multiplayer.." In other words they were either to lazy or not creative enough to think of something other than Deathmatch. The most obviously suitable mode from the top of my head would be a MUCH improved version of IV's cops n' crooks, but the possibilities are great.

Random crimes during free roam would be nice also, like the old True Crime game, instead of scripted limited crimes which no longer occur after completion rendering the city dead.

Also running people over realistically would be nice, peds on LA Noire avoid speeding cars so magically it's pathetic, i know cole phelps is a cop but c'moonnnnnn.

Usable trams would be nice also, trams we could actually use, not trams just for show.

EDIT : Unscripted car chases would be nice, more than once while playing LA Noire the game completely forced crashes / conclusions to chases which looks 100% fake and forced. Really not good enough.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

Boss Greaser

Well if you want sh*ttier graphics be my guest. But Team Bondi had the graphics engine in L.A. Noire.

G1T

Boss Greaser

Yeah, a guy who cheated on his wife with a whore and shamed the entire police force while still acting like a hero is REALLY not currupt sigh.gif.

A) Start at the beginning of the game, not two thirds in. The main storyline is only hinted at up until Vice, it was completely pointless.

2) Make sense, there was no reason for Cole to sleep with a character we see in two cutscenes, it was just thrown in there to make him more three dimensional.

Cole fought for his country. He respected his enemy. He was a good man that made a couple of bad decisions. We he wasn't as crooked as everyone else. YOU SAY ONE MORE WORD ABOUT HIM AND I WILL BLOW YOUR F*CKING HEAD OFF.

Anyone know where that's from.wink.gif

G1T

Come on, you should know not to double post by now. I've seen you in the gang section enough times.

Boss Greaser
Come on, you should know not to double post by now. I've seen you in the gang section enough times.

Awh f*ck I did double post..

G1T

Awh f*ck I did double post..

It's cool man, not like I'm a mod or anything it's just a little frustrating is all. At least your not as bad as the spawn of 'V' section haha.

AnotherDave

My idea? Online mode.

I hate the way they ignored online for this game with an exuse like "We don't want generic multiplayer.." In other words they were either to lazy or not creative enough to think of something other than Deathmatch.

Random crimes during free roam would be nice also, like the old True Crime game, instead of scripted limited crimes which no longer occur after completion rendering the city dead.

Usable trams would be nice also, trams we could actually use, not trams just for show.

EDIT : Unscripted car chases would be nice, more than once while playing LA Noire the game completely forced crashes / conclusions to chases which looks 100% fake and forced. Really not good enough.

The game had some serious issues during development, which is quite possibly the "real" reason multiplayer wasn't included, and is almost certainly why trams can't be used and why the city isn't more interactive as a whole.

Also, the street crimes can be completed as many times as you like in Streets of L.A. mode, which is available after all cases on a desk have been completed. I agree that it would have been good to see random crimes, though.

And as for the chases, the mission-specific car chases in GTA IV were the same - more scripted in fact. In L.A. Noire it's possible to end chases early - and skip the scripted end to the chase - by taking shortcuts etc, whereas in IV if you get too close to the vehicle you're chasing it just speeds up and the chase always concludes in the same way. Traffic in IV's chases was largely scripted too, much more so than in L.A. Noire.

Well if you want sh*ttier graphics be my guest. But Team Bondi had the graphics engine in L.A. Noire.

Team Bondi used the Havok engine for L.A. Noire. There would be absolutely nothing stopping R* from doing the same for a sequel, if they so wished. They'd be far more likely to use RAGE, of course.

hW0sZKX.png

Claude4Catalina

Cole fought for his country. He respected his enemy. He was a good man that made a couple of bad decisions. We he wasn't as crooked as everyone else. YOU SAY ONE MORE WORD ABOUT HIM AND I WILL BLOW YOUR F*CKING HEAD OFF.

Anyone know where that's from.wink.gif

Courtney Sheldon rest in piece.

a multiplayer component would be pretty cool, even if it did strip the game down to bare basic shootouts, maybe give the criminals a set of objectives and give the police opportunities to stop it. A good cop/bad cop options, for example if you foil a bank robbery, you can chose to pocket the cash, giving you extra cash to buy unlocks, or turn it in to get XP to unlock goodies and such. think Gang Mafiya Work, Cops n Crooks and the three Petrovic MP modes mixed into one.

Original Light

Well... an L.A Noire (set in L.A) in present day would different. Along with the choice of being a beat cop, and not necessarily a detective. But the game could still focus more on detective work in a uniform.

Another time period could be the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc... any time period would work, but each would be different on their own, based on the technology they have, vehicles they use, and what they use to fight/investigate crime.

I felt like L.A Noire was way too strict on what you could do, so in the next one, they should let you choose when you want to start a case, rather than starting the next one right after you complete the previous one. When you're not on a case, you can attend to random street crimes, search for collectibles, and search for traffic violations.

This will add more freedom for the player, and not to the point where you can run around with a gun and kill random people like in Grand Theft Auto. The game would become a balance between freedom and linear objectives.

Now for the location;

The game could still be set in L.A, or somewhere else, such as New York, Boston, Chicago, or even out of the United States (but I feel that would take away from the game). Different areas have different crime rates, with New York and L.A having many gangs, while most smaller towns have less overall crime.

The game could even be set in a desert, the country side, etc... with different effects on the story based on the location.

R* have a choice of a time period and a setting, both playing a role on the feel of the game atmosphere, also how it can give a strong first impression, and how it leaves a strong last impression when the player is done with the game.

Edited by Original Light

sublimelabs

I really want Rockstar to develop a successor at some point, it'd be amazing. Rockstar's totally capable of tackling many genres in video game form. While I thoroughly enjoyed LAN, my main issue with the game is that there's a lack of choices that matter. I want it to be even more dynamic, something like Mass Effect almost.

Claude4Catalina

bit more character-player connection, when sh*t hit the fan for Cole...I was just like "lulwut...sh*t happens", yet with Niko I actually felt bad for him in both endings. I guess that's half because Cole jsut kept on digging a hole whereas Niko was trying to crawl out of the hole, even with the devil and angel both with shovels at the top of that hole.

Shteeve McClaren

They sure as hell need to fix the interrogation mechanic in some way, which is the core of the game. Being able to interrogate people is cool and all that, but it's a fundamentally broken game mechanic that ends up being only frustrating in the end.

Finn 7 five 11

Even though you guys say there could be another game, Considering how much money was spent on the project and how little it sold, I doubt there will be a sequel.

HOW'S ANNIE?
Even though you guys say there could be another game, Considering how much money was spent on the project and how little it sold, I doubt there will be a sequel.

Rockstar has said in a previous Asked & Answered that a sequel is very likely in the future. I would say in like 5 years time though, I don't think we're going to get a new one so soon.

Harwood Butch3r

I'd like a sequel in Miami during the 80s. We've seen too much of 80s Miami as a criminal. Now lets be a detective. cool.gif

It would more than likely be a spiritual successor though.

LA Noire was such a great concpet it deserves to be refined IMO. I really enjoyed the game. smile.gif

Claude4Catalina

in terms of spiritual successors, I'd to go fast-forward 50 years or so and see LA in the late 90's, perhaps early 2000's? think Training Day set over a period of a few months, laced with a bit of Street Kings.

have the player start out as a beat cop working South Central. go through all the "errand like missions", so patrols and such. until one patrol results in the arrest of a high level dope dealer, inciting the interest of the Sergeant in charge of the day to day goings on of the elite "NEU", Narcotics Enforcement Agency. for his commitment, the player is promoted to Street Crimes Unit, where after five or so cases, he cracks a ring of petty theifs working together to fund dope shipments. for such bravery, the player is then promoted to Homicide, which works closely with the NEU. the player is also exposed to the corruption and victimization of minorities, such as the player being forced to frame a notorious drug dealer for the deaths of his own crew members and fabricating a story of revenge for the full 5 stars, or charging the real suspect for only 3 stars. after which, the NEU Sergeant see's the players potential and puts him up for transfer, thus beneath the Sergeant's wing. after following a trail of dope that leads from Afghanistan, to Mexico then to LA, the player busts the dope ring, finding the Mexican contact picking up the cash from street thugs. after the Sergeant lets the Mexican go, the player is drawn into an ambush orchestrated by the Sarge, who thinks the player is "thinking more for himself than the Unit." after holding out at a junkyard against Mexican and LA gangsters, the player gets the change to kill the Sarge with a non-department issue weapon, thus concealing it as a gang killing, meanwhile the player gets to call for backup but is subsequently over-run and killed. in the endgame cutscene, the LAPD praise the player's actions and full credit is given to him, as the backup managed to subdue a major Mexican drug runner and their Hispanic and Black connections in LA, crushing the dope ring.