Please help me - messed my game up :(

OSullivan

I downloaded a mod called LC to SA, which changes the map on your game. I didn't like it and deleted the folder that it came in without thinking. I didn't delete any of the previous files so i presume its 'recoverable'. Any ideas? Would really appreciate help guys suicidal.gif

The easiest way is to do a simple un-install, delete ALL remaining files that did not get deleted by the traditional un-install, delete the .set file in the User Files Folder in Documents and then re-install the game(only takes about 10 minutes at most) and you are good to go-all original files again..let this be a lesson learned to not mod the game again...

The easiest way is to do a simple un-install, delete ALL remaining files that did not get deleted by the traditional un-install, delete the .set file in the User Files Folder in Documents and then re-install the game(only takes about 10 minutes at most) and you are good to go-all original files again..let this be a lesson learned to not mod the game again...

I lost the game disc years ago (play on an old laptop), how do i do this? Sorry to be annoying/nooby, i really don't know where to start colgate.gif

If you're on Windows XP, you'll find your gta_sa.set file here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. I'd suggest you buy the game again. Where to buy (download): Direct2Drive.com (PC & MAC) or SteamPowered.com

Edited by miromiro

Dead (Retired)

If you're on Windows XP, you'll find your gta_sa.set file here: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. I'd suggest you buy the game again.

Okay, i deleted the .set file. Is there any way to fix this without the original disc? Alternatively, would a system restore work?

I'm not sure it'll work without a installing setup. After all, you've (possibly) removed files that can only be recovered with an installation that can be only done if you have the disc.

Dead (Retired)

I'm not sure it'll work without a installing setup. After all, you've (possibly) removed files that can only be recovered with an installation that can be only done if you have the disc.

Sorry to ask question after question, but I have it backed up on an external hard drive but thats no longer working either? I'm really confused now -_-

lil weasel

If you don't have the Original DVD we can't help you.

You'll need to buy a new one.