Cancelled Elements

iCaramelBird

iCaramelBird

It seems R* likes to take stuff out of the GTA series. For example in GTA IV there were female cops and a Minigun. In San Andreas they took out the ability to do drugs, and so on.

So we could expect things from the trailer to NOT be in the game, what do you think?

White Flight

I dont' think so and I certainly don't hope they will, I hope they show us more new elements in future trailers.

EDIT: When I think about it, maybe they will leave out the option to choose between roof or no roof in convertible cars.

GroomLake51

I'd just like to say that I don't particularly think Rockstar "likes" to remove features from unreleased games. It's generally done out of necessity.

AtomicPunk

I'd say if we knew of all the things that they've left out we would truly be like--->WTF?

Some things just get lost in translation or they just don't have the time or space to do it. I don't think it's because they're lazy.

maybe they will leave out the option to choose between roof or no roof in convertible cars.

I think it's not an option, I think it's just from a cutscene

maybe they will leave out the option to choose between roof or no roof in convertible cars.

I think it's not an option, I think it's just from a cutscene

While I do think that convertible roofs will be apart of gameplay (after all, it's just an animation) at this point we've got no gameplay features confirmed at all. So it's too early to say something may be cancelled because we don't know anything that can be cancelled yet.

Female cops and miniguns was not taken out of GTA IV; IT WAS NEVER THERE!

The same thing about taking drugs in San Andreas, it was never announced that it would be in-game; some people just thought it would be cool.

Hope we can do drug in the game... It would be awesome for roleplay and machinimas.

El Oso Blanco

The same thing about taking drugs in San Andreas, it was never announced that it would be in-game; some people just thought it would be cool.

http://gta.wikia.com/Beta_Releases

suicidal.gif

iCaramelBird

suicidal.gif

This.

suicidal.gif

This.

A wiki is not a reliable source...

iCaramelBird

suicidal.gif

This.

Watch out guys! This guy is an expert! He knows everything about these wiki's!

No, seriously. There's no source for the female cop/minigun claims. Hell, the minigun one even says "These weapons, were featured in San Andreas and Vice City respectively and were likely to return." Says who?

iCaramelBird

No, seriously. There's no source for the female cop/minigun claims. Hell, the minigun one even says "These weapons, were featured in San Andreas and Vice City respectively and were likely to return." Says who?

Female cops were in Trailer 1 of GTA IV. There was a video displaying it, but I've forgotten which one. Why does this matter, plenty of other stuff got taken out of GTA IV.

Ferryboats

SA was supposed to have them, they even left the signs on the marina.

Well apparently dating isnt gonna be in the game which kinda sucks it added kind of a realistic quality to the game. and to anyone who responds "this isnt grand theft sims" go die in a car fire.

GroveStRoamer

I dont see the gym being usable or having people in it. the opened window too. the characters may look different too like niko was changed

G1T

Well apparently dating isnt gonna be in the game which kinda sucks it added kind of a realistic quality to the game. and to anyone who responds "this isnt grand theft sims" go die in a car fire.

Please, no f*cking dating!

I don't want to hear "Hey cousin, wanna go bowling?"

G1T

I do. That was an awesome realistic part of the game... And the last time I checked in GTA IV Niko wasn't gay or dating his cousin. And San Andreas had it.

GroveStRoamer

well maybe others like that feature. rockstar wont remove something just because 3 kids want everything in the world

G1T

well maybe others like that feature. rockstar wont remove something just because 3 kids want everything in the world

Sure, and you want to date in a game, kid?

G1T

woke ellie

Most of the things we see in the trailer could just be cutscene elements or mission-only features and don't really show up in the game (i.e. Convertible, dog, water splash when stepping through puddle). R* likes to use things that don't appear in free roam gameplay, such as San Andreas' biker cop hopping on your car or flying to Liberty City. It's a ploy to get you to buy the game, I believe, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong...

iCaramelBird
Most of the things we see in the trailer could just be cutscene elements or mission-only features and don't really show up in the game (i.e. Convertible, dog, water splash when stepping through puddle). R* likes to use things that don't appear in free roam gameplay, such as San Andreas' biker cop hopping on your car or flying to Liberty City. It's a ploy to get you to buy the game, I believe, but I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong...

Well we've got to give them a chance. I'm just wondering what they'll remove...

thebestgameever

I hope that wiki is false, cause if R* did really change Liberty city( supposedly should have been liberty state) and cut out the countryside and a few neighbourhoods then i may have actually lost a little bit of respect for them.