4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA San Andreas Audio Issue...HELP!

Dakjak1991

Dakjak1991

Hello everyone! First of all let me just say I am new to this forum and I want to say Hi! Anyway, I just bought GTA San Andreas from amazon two days ago. I recieved my delivery yesterday and it was very quick! :D So I had to test the game out to see how well it works. It works well and I can play it but there something wrong I think with the Audio files in my game. I could hear the cutscenes well but when, for example, when Cj beats someone up and steals their money, I can not hear his phrases. Or if Cj answers the phone and talks to someone for a mission, no audio just subtitles. I had uninstall and reinstall so many times but still I get the same issues, cutscenes, other people talking, and noises from the enviroment, there is audio. But when it comes to Cj talking to people, he talking to himself, getting hit by people, no audio. This was really fustrating to find out what's going on, I mean I payed for this game(I repeat, payed for this game from amazon. I do not download games for free at all! If you want proof that I'm not lying, I got the billing info. ok.) and this problem has to happen! The game was imported from the UK (18+ as the rating and I believe it was version 2.00 or something like that) to an amazon seller named GeeksWholesaler. The product was packaged by amazon and shipped via UPS.

I made sure my sound drivers were up to date (which they were), and uninstaled and reinstalled the game constantly and still nothing. I checked that all of the audio files were in the audio folder of the game and all files were in there so there must be either something is missing in that file(s) or all files are there and the file(s) are corrupted.

Please can anyone help me on this issue! I don't want to think I wasted my money on a defective copy of the game.

I would really appreciate it! :)

• Like 1
lil weasel

Some info about your computer:

Operating system (Windows users: be sure to mention if you have XP or Vista, and which Service Pack you have)

Video/Graphics card type?

Is your Graphics memory dedicated or shared?

Processor

RAM (random access memory)

Your Sound Card?

You didn't Mod the game?

You are playing with the DVD in the Drive?

Dakjak1991

Oh shoot! Forgot to put in my specs! Lol

I am using:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

System Manufacter: Dell Inc.

System Model: Ispiron 620

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory:819MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

For the Sound Drivers, I have version 8.50.00040000(English)

I have a dedicated graphics memory, Idid not install any mods into the game at all and I play on a DVD in the drive.

Edited by Dakjak1991
  • Like 1
Girish

Can you tell us the size (in GBs) of the "audio" folder? It should be 3.23GB approx.

Girish

Can you try running the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode and see if it makes any difference?

Dakjak1991

I tried that numerous times but when try to put in compatibility mode the game would not open up for some reason but will open with Windows 7 (which I kind of think that's odd). So no that didn't work. confused.gif

radioman

Actually, Sound problems are common, mostly on Windows XP SP3, but can happen on any OS...I too have sound problems on my XP Sp3 PC-the sound crackles and is staticy at times-yet on both my Vista and Windows 7 machines the sound is crystal clear with no problems...and the thing is, ALL 3 of those machines have the exact same sound card(Realtek HD)...and I have a legit V2(DVD) AND V3(Steam) game..

Here is the fix:

What tends to fix the problem, is to go to Start, Run(if XP)/Search(if Vista or 7) and type in DXDIAG and press Enter, then go to the Sound tab and Lower the Sound Acceleration to either Basic OR None..OR if Windows 7, you have to go under the Beats Audio control panel to adjust the Sound Acceleration level...This is a guaranteed method on XP, but only works on certain Windows 7 machines(mostly HP's) and WILL NOT work on Vista, as Vista has that option disabled-like some Windows 7 machines...

Note on above fix: XP is the ONLY one where you can fix it under the DXDIAG screen by lowering Sound Acceleration option...On Windows 7, you have to go under the main sound program, as seen here: If on Vista, you are pretty much out of luck, as Sound Acceleration was disabled on Vista...and certain older Windows 7 PC's(ones that were upgraded from Vista)-I have proven this, as I had an HP G60 that came with Vista and I got the Free Windows 7 upgrade with it, and even after upgrading to 7, that option from the above video(which is my current Windows 7 PC) is not there like it is on my current PC...

So, in conclusion, that is a known problem(on both V1 and V2 games)...I have V2 Original DVD bought back in June of 2005 from Wal-Mart #990...

radioman

Why all the blah, blah, when he said he has Win 7?

moto_whistle.gif

Cause Sound problems with SA DO happen on Windows 7 as well, and the Windows 7 fix is different the the XP one(ie. XP=DXDIAG/Sound tab) whereas Windows 7 is done different(as seen in the Video above)...

No offence, but if you had viewed the video, you would have seen that I was showing the fix for the problem on Windows 7 PC's, as that is the OS from the video(this is my video by the way)... smile.gif

As they said in the Law Enforcement Academy, "you have to think outside the box.." to find solutions to problems... smile.gif

Edited by radioman
Dakjak1991

Thanks but I think my sound issue is the game itself not my sound devices. I tried other games, and they work fine with the audio. My game, GTA SA, has sound on some parts as I mentioned above and other parts with out. So I think my game has something corrupt with the audio, even though all the correct files are in the game, there is something corrupting the audio. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to send my game back and get a full refund of my money and buy it again under a different seller or does anyone know anywhere else I can buy GTA SA? I know ebay, but any place else that sells within the US (Where I live btw) and that sells version 1.0 of the game?

Damn, I really was hoping that I can keep this game but things like this do happen, plus it was brand new too. confused.gif I'll just have to try again and buy it another time somewhere else. Hopefully my theory about me getting a falty copy of the game is true and I just have to get another one noping it's not a falty one too.

radioman

Thanks but I think my sound issue is the game itself not my sound devices. I tried other games, and they work fine with the audio. My game, GTA SA, has sound on some parts as I mentioned above and other parts with out. So I think my game has something corrupt with the audio, even though all the correct files are in the game, there is something corrupting the audio. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to send my game back and get a full refund of my money and buy it again under a different seller or does anyone know anywhere else I can buy GTA SA? I know ebay, but any place else that sells within the US (Where I live btw) and that sells version 1.0 of the game?

Damn, I really was hoping that I can keep this game but things like this do happen, plus it was brand new too.  confused.gif I'll just have to try again and buy it another time somewhere else. Hopefully my theory about me getting a falty copy of the game is true and I just have to get another one noping it's not a falty one too.

If you have V1, you can always try the official patch(1.01)...it was V2 of the game that does not have a patch available..This is either a V1 glitch OR a Sound card glitch(more than likely the official patch can fix the problem?) Make sure to delete the .set file from the User Files Folder in Documents after installing the Patch. HTH

About V1, this version is no longer sold as of June 2005(That's when I got my game), and it is V2...The problem, is V1 is AO rating a V2 is M rated, and most stores do not sell AO rated stuff(Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. do not for sure), so this is why V2 was created, cause if V1(AO Rated due to the Hot Coffee), it would have lost A LOT of sales due to most stores(all major retailers above) not selling AO rated games and products...

Edited by radioman
Dakjak1991

I have finally solved the sound problem in my game!!! WHOOOHOOO! I am so HAPPY! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Ok so I searched online on how to fix the audio problem for my Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. And this video really helped solve my problom completely:

I had to configure my Sound in control panel to Quadraphonic instead of 5.1 Surround sound (Apparently the game could not recognize 5.1 surround sound and thus muted some of the games audio but not completely)> Go figure. sarcasm.gif

Anyway thank you guys for your help and responding to my situation. I really appriate it! smile.gif Oh also, is there anyway that I can make version 2.00 of my game moddible? In case of course if I want to install mods but right now I'll just play the game but I still want to know how.

Would again appreciate the replies. smile.gif

lil weasel

You need to get a downgrader. However, it is against the Forum Rules to tell you how.

Google/Bing for it. smile.gif

A note: Do not confuse downgraded V2 games as being V1. For all practicle purposes you will still have a V2 game, but it will modible within limits.