The Map

iCaramelBird

black people

yeah, it's been known for quite some time that that particular comparison is full of shi­t. same with the people claiming that RDR is bigger than San Andreas. a member from here named Magic_Al had made a nice comparison using in-game statistics (such as distance traveled) and out-of-game comparisons to show that San Andreas is actually bigger than RDR. seemed pretty legitimate.

of course, if anyone has any evidence to refute his findings (beyond "i think it's bigger"), then by all means, post away.

I remember maybe Dan Houser or someone explaining why they didn't have jets in IV. Simply because you would fly through the map far to quickly to do it in a realistic way. If there is jets in V, then it WILL be a big map.

dooshtoomun

They also said because it's in one city, there's no point to adding flyable planes.

if i remember MCLA LA has a large map and this is also R* game

The biggest environments I've seen we're fuel and test drive unlimited 2......no way gta 5 can be that big but....they should be able to make the map 2x as big as lc...remember that la noire was originally on 6 discs??? They fit it on to 3 using "miraculouse compression"

if i remember MCLA LA  has a large map and this is also R* game

MCLA is actually quite small. Half of GTA IV. GTA V's L.A would be much much bigger.

Also that screenshot above, I just want to point out that Far Cry 2 is that x2 because there are two maps which are that size in the game.

G1T

rockstar games maps are created manually by the designers / programmers graphics. Just Cause 2 map has been mostly generated by the computer. Why the map is so big

I need the map partner, I need it - Seth (RDR)

I hope is big as Just Cause 2, maybe at the first sight we would say: it's not so big, but later, later my friend, later...

iCaramelBird

This is LA. user posted image

So it could be bigger, but do you think it'll take up an entirely different new shape?

I mean Dan Houser did say it's Los Santos with the surrounding countryside.

I haven't got a clue, the size of Red Dead at the biggest, I think.

Many people are expecting a lot more than we'll probably end up getting, because

"the biggest and most ambitious game" doesn't necessarily mean a big map, but possibly just the-most-work-put-into game.

F-22_Raptor-02

RDR is a big map but ur only fastest transportation is a horse if u where to use a car (witch you cant) im pretty certain ull go from one end of RDRs map to the other in no time

atall as for gta v the map must be big atleast the same size as san andreas or even bigger jets are in the game for this reason.

The biggest environments I've seen we're fuel and test drive unlimited 2......no way gta 5 can be that big but....they should be able to make the map 2x as big as lc...remember that la noire was originally on 6 discs??? They fit it on to 3 using "miraculouse compression"

No. Technology that used Face animation took a lot of disk space, so they had to cut id down a lil bit. If they would let original data, face animation would be even better.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I'm surprised there's been almost no mention of San Diego in this thread...

I think at this point in time- we can safely assume San Diego will be in GTA V (although not with 100% certainty)

iCaramelBird

I think at this point in time- we can safely assume San Diego will be in GTA V (although not with 100% certainty)

Hmm...That'd be very big.

HOW'S ANNIE?

Hmm...That'd be very big.

It doesn't need to be the same size as Los Santos. It could work if they just made it slightly smaller than the Broker & Dukes area from IV

White Flight

I hope LS will be twice the size of LC and San Diego the same size as LC. I also really think San Diego will be there. Maybe that's the place on the Freeway sign...

if i remember MCLA LA  has a large map and this is also R* game

MCLA is actually quite small. Half of GTA IV. GTA V's L.A would be much much bigger.

Also that screenshot above, I just want to point out that Far Cry 2 is that x2 because there are two maps which are that size in the game.

You sir, are crazy.

The map of MCLA is at least 1.5x the size of the whole GTAIV map. Don't bother saying otherwise unless you have proof to back it up. I have both games, and MCLA feels exponentially larger than GTAIV's map, and that is sad considering you drive really fast in MCLA.

Lock n' Stock
well i think that the fact that we saw JETS on the trailer pretty much confirmed that the map is going to be really big.... i think at least 1.5 bigger than liberty city. even twice the size

Not to mention that the jet goes 3 times the speed of the Hydra in San Andreas. It's likely this will be a big map.

MarshDanni

wow wow wait a minute something I don't get how the hell is World of warcraft map so small no way man no way...

White Flight
well i think that the fact that we saw JETS on the trailer pretty much confirmed that the map is going to be really big.... i think at least 1.5 bigger than liberty city. even twice the size

Not to mention that the jet goes 3 times the speed of the Hydra in San Andreas. It's likely this will be a big map.

How do you know it's that fast?

Lock n' Stock
user posted image

user posted image

Let's hope V is BIG!

There's no way that Just Cause 2 has a map 10 times the size of San Andreas. Maybe 3 or 4 times but it seems exaggerated there. Believe me, I own the game.

The Burnout Paradise one looks completely inaccurate. confused.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Let's hope V is BIG!

There's no way that Just Cause 2 has a map 10 times the size of San Andreas. Maybe 3 or 4 times but it seems exaggerated there. Believe me, I own the game.

The Burnout Paradise one looks completely inaccurate. confused.gif

Excuse me sir, have you lost your mind!? I have Just Cause 2 as well as San Andreas, and it's like comparing a brick house with a single brick.

Maybe you've just started the game and have played it for about an hour, but trust us. JC2 IS at least 10x the size of SA.

OT: Anyone know what that last game at the bottom is, with the biggest map? I can't read the tiny writing.

edit: 1000th POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gionascm2

yeah, it's been known for quite some time that that particular comparison is full of shi­t. same with the people claiming that RDR is bigger than San Andreas. a member from here named Magic_Al had made a nice comparison using in-game statistics (such as distance traveled) and out-of-game comparisons to show that San Andreas is actually bigger than RDR. seemed pretty legitimate.

of course, if anyone has any evidence to refute his findings (beyond "i think it's bigger"), then by all means, post away.

You're wrong, my friend. GTA SA is 13.9 square miles big and RDR is about 28 square miles big. Btw Rockstar said that RDR is twice as big as GTA SA.

Lock n' Stock
Maybe you've just started the game and have played it for about an hour, but trust us. JC2 IS at least 10x the size of SA.

You are actually right. I haven't really played it much since starting it, haha.

I think "largest and most ambitious game" does not necessarily mean 'biggest map', but I think it means the most researched, the most expensive, the most detailed, with the largest development team, and with the most time spent in development. But Hey, if we saw planes on the trailer, the map needs to be 'at least' the size of San Andreas, at least.

Lock n' Stock
I think "largest and most ambitious game" does not necessarily mean 'biggest map', but I think it means the most researched, the most expensive, the most detailed, with the largest development team, and with the most time spent in development. But Hey, if we saw planes on the trailer, the map needs to be 'at least' the size of San Andreas, at least.

Or bigger. If it isn't bigger than San Andreas I'll be a bit disappointed.

cant remember

I think it will be larger than the SA map (but probably not by much to not get my hopes up too much).

I took a quick look at the MCLA map, if you glance at the street layout it looks pretty tiny. If it is bigger than GTAIV, then the intersections are very far apart from eachother and the stretches of road are really long.

But as long as it's not like Vice City, that map was crap.

In my opinion people are massively over-estimating the size of Red Dead. It wasn't that huge, you were just riding a horse.