The Map

iCaramelBird

Santa Catalina Island

Has anyone even seen the trailer? The mountain we saw in there is at least as big as Algonquin. Of course V will be much larger than IV.

Santa Catalina Island

Has anyone even seen the trailer? The mountain we saw in there is at least as big as Algonquin. Of course V will be much larger than IV.

icon14.gif GTA:IV map was about 8-9 square miles big, GTA:SA map was about 13 square miles big and Red Dead Redemption map was about 28 square miles.

I DO believe GTAV will have the largest map, however just because we saw planes in the trailer, doesn't mean anything. GTAIV had full sized passenger planes, but they were just part of the background, and completely NON interactive.

I expect los santos 2x bigger than liberty city with the countryside size RDR smile.gif

TotesMagotes
This version of Los Santos is a more true to life recreation of LA. And the LA metro area is huge and sprawling unlike NYC which is mostly a vertical city and not a sprawling as LA. so I'm going to say that LS alone will be atleast 1.5-2 time larger than LC. And the country side will be about 2 tikes larger than the city. So my guess is that the map will be about 4 times larger than IV. Multiple disks here we come lol.

Multiple disc for multiplayer maybe. Do you know how dumb it would be flying a jet and then all the sudden having to put in another disc to fly in that area? Then pop it back out when you wanna return? Definitely not.

gtamann123
This version of Los Santos is a more true to life recreation of LA. And the LA metro area is huge and sprawling unlike NYC which is mostly a vertical city and not a sprawling as LA. so I'm going to say that LS alone will be atleast 1.5-2 time larger than LC. And the country side will be about 2 tikes larger than the city. So my guess is that the map will be about 4 times larger than IV. Multiple disks here we come lol.

Multiple disks...I have a 360 with 60gb HDD (full of games I don't play anymore since I don't really play much anymore) do you think I would be able to install all of them and just play off the mandatory one disk?

Probably. That's what I plan on doing if it's an option.

black people
San Andreas could easily take more than 30 minutes

what vehicle (and speed) could you possibly be driving for it to take you 30 minutes to get from one side of San Andreas' map to the other?

TotesMagotes
I DO believe GTAV will have the largest map, however just because we saw planes in the trailer, doesn't mean anything. GTAIV had full sized passenger planes, but they were just part of the background, and completely NON interactive.

If you believe there won't be any planes in GTA V you're pretty stupid.

The size of just cause 2 would be good, if it was detailed. Cos JC2 map was the same thing copy and pasted over and over again. It took like half an hour to cross in a car.

Revolution-XW

I've analyzed a lot, watched videos, read tons of articles about the map, All of them point that it'll be 4X+ bigger than IV (which is biggest Gta map due to all the tall buildings that makes it a big map and all the space it covers).

It'd be stupid to say it'll be small because You saw mountains that were VERY big, saw desert, saw city, saw water, what else do you need to see? Lol, if you still think its gona be 2X or smaller than IV then just wait until the 2nd trailer or game to come out.

Edited by Revolution-XW

Prometheus

what vehicle (and speed) could you possibly be driving for it to take you 30 minutes to get from one side of San Andreas' map to the other?

Maybe I go around the whole countryside before reaching there....or maybe I use the tractor too much. tounge.gif

3lIXKDi.png

gtamann123

Multiple disc for multiplayer maybe. Do you know how dumb it would be flying a jet and then all the sudden having to put in another disc to fly in that area? Then pop it back out when you wanna return? Definitely not.

If they did do multiple discs the map would be on every disk but certain cutscenes and mission info would be on different discs. Thats the only way it would work. Hopefully they don't have to use multiple discs though and manage to compress it enough to fit on one disc. I do believe that they might have MP on another disc though and i wouldn't mind that.

Revolution-XW

Maybe I go around the whole countryside before reaching there....or maybe I use the tractor too much. tounge.gif

LOL he deff using a truck or a bike going normal speed LOL

I've always wondered, well R* have said this will be the biggest game they've done so I'm guessing they also mean it has the biggest map right? Well this is Los Santos. Last time we came here, was in San Andreas back in the '90's.

So do you think it'll be in the story. It did show off some businesses, and Los Santos looks more like a bigger city and less of a suburban town. How about in the story the town got expanded because of a buisness cause or something, or it's just bigger for no reason.

What do you guys think?

SA's Los Santos and V's Los Santos don't share the same history. They're in a different era. Like III's LC and IV's LC they'll have almost nothing to do with eachother.

SA's area was 13.9 square miles. The comments by R* and House, as well as the environments seen in the V trailer (especially the mountain range) seem to point to map that's bigger than that. If I had to guess, V will be between 15-20 square miles large.

mdniterder
Santa Catalina Island

Catalina island would be a nice addition.

iCaramelBird
Santa Catalina Island

Catalina Island...now which GTA character reminds me of that island...Hmm...Catilina Island...

JuventusFC

user posted image

user posted image

Let's hope V is BIG!

user posted image

Santa Catalina Island

Catalina Island...now which GTA character reminds me of that island...Hmm...Catilina Island...

phil cassidy

the bigger the map the better imo

34693_s.gif

RedLightsBlueNights

I just hope it has at least the real size of SoCal. Maybe a little bit of Arizona and Nevada in the mix. Burnout Paradise is a good size, if it's not so crowded.

White Flight
I just hope it has at least the real size of SoCal. Maybe a little bit of Arizona and Nevada in the mix. Burnout Paradise is a good size, if it's not so crowded.

Southern California is 56,512.35 square miles... Obviously never ever going to happen.

RedLightsBlueNights

Southern California is 56,512.35 square miles... Obviously never ever going to happen.

Yet.

LotRO is close. Just another... 20,000 square miles...

Does anybody think that GTA V map will be the real map of SoCal? Or jusy a mock up like past GTA's?

White Flight

Yet.

LotRO is close. Just another... 20,000 square miles...

Lol. Maybe in 20 years we can see something like that in a GTA. They'd make the whole country in one game. Looking forward to it though. xmas.gif

Death2Drugs

Whatever rendition of Los Santos we'll get: it's going to be much more better than what we got in GTA: San Andreas. They're going to try to capture much more parts of Los Angeles. What is likely to be expected:

Downtown Los Santos (Downtown LA)

San Gomez Valley (merged San Fernando-San Gabriel Valley)

Amarillo County (Orange County)

West Los Santos (West Los Angeles)

Wilton (Wilshire)

East Los Santos (East Los Angeles)

Vinewood (Hollywood)

Clinton Hills (Beverly Hills)

Vinewood Hills (Hollywood Hills)

South Central Los Santos (South Central Los Angeles)

Santa Maria (Santa Monica)

etc, etc, etc

It'll be a lot better than Los Santos in GTA: San Andreas.

Dr. Zoidberg

I just thought id put this here to show you guys the progression of GTA maps.

GTA3

user posted image

Vice City

user posted image

San Andreas

user posted image

GTA IV Libery City

user posted image

dooshtoomun

user posted image

user posted image

Let's hope V is BIG!

That's bullcrap. There's no way the roads of Burnout Paradise are 10 times as wide as the roads of San Andreas.

Edited by dooshtoomun