The Map

iCaramelBird

iCaramelBird

I've always wondered, well R* have said this will be the biggest game they've done so I'm guessing they also mean it has the biggest map right? Well this is Los Santos. Last time we came here, was in San Andreas back in the '90's.

So do you think it'll be in the story. It did show off some businesses, and Los Santos looks more like a bigger city and less of a suburban town. How about in the story the town got expanded because of a buisness cause or something, or it's just bigger for no reason.

What do you guys think?

GroveStRoamer

It wont be huge. they just say that for marketing. remember when everyone said lc was bigger than Sa? Yeah right biggrin.gif

G1T

well i think that the fact that we saw JETS on the trailer pretty much confirmed that the map is going to be really big.... i think at least 1.5 bigger than liberty city. even twice the size

iCaramelBird
well i think that the fact that we saw JETS on the trailer pretty much confirmed that the map is going to be really big.... i think at least 1.5 bigger than liberty city. even twice the size

Agreed, it would be annoying if it was a map half the size of Liberty and we had jets. -.-

GroveStRoamer

that would be great.

either way, if the map is huge this time, im thinking it will be from large businesses.

G1T

The III-Era was more cartoonish, fun and the citys doesn't look exactly like the original. Since GTA IV the city look like the original. So that's the reason why they're different. Btw biggest game don't have to mean biggest map. Maybe the game will have 200 missions or whatever. We don't know so we've to wait. The problem is we wait since 7 f*cking months. That's a long time. confused.gif

JuventusFC

twice? it has to be much more than twice if it has planes.

while this isn't official or realistic (?) it's probably something like that. at least the size of RDR if it's going to have jets.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

IV vs RDR. IV was far too small to have planes.

user posted image

Will be bigger than SA too imo.

Edited by JuventusFC
user posted image

JuventusFC

that would be great.

either way, if the map is huge this time, im thinking it will be from large businesses.

Do you even know how big L.A. is in real life? there won't be any explanations or reasons for it, it's a new version so it will just be bigger tounge.gif

user posted image

twice? it has to be much more than twice if it has planes.

while this isn't official or realistic (?) it's probably something like that. at least the size of RDR if it's going to have jets.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

nice images.. yeah i said twice just to be realistic.. i prefer to expect less and get more than the opposite

anyway guys i wouldnt worry abou the map smile.gif remember what rockstar OFFICIALY said

Game Informer: You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like it’s going back to San Andreas.

Dan Houser: I’ve got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what’s in the press release. It’s Los Santos and the surrounding countryside – and a very big map.

JuventusFC

I think realistically it might be inbetween SA and RDR, but I hope bigger than RDR biggrin.gif

user posted image

gtamann123

This version of Los Santos is a more true to life recreation of LA. And the LA metro area is huge and sprawling unlike NYC which is mostly a vertical city and not a sprawling as LA. so I'm going to say that LS alone will be atleast 1.5-2 time larger than LC. And the country side will be about 2 tikes larger than the city. So my guess is that the map will be about 4 times larger than IV. Multiple disks here we come lol.

JuventusFC
This version of Los Santos is a more true to life recreation of LA. And the LA metro area is huge and sprawling unlike NYC which is mostly a vertical city and not a sprawling as LA. so I'm going to say that LS alone will be atleast 1.5-2 time larger than LC. And the country side will be about 2 tikes larger than the city. So my guess is that the map will be about 4 times larger than IV. Multiple disks here we come lol.

Multiple disks...I have a 360 with 60gb HDD (full of games I don't play anymore since I don't really play much anymore) do you think I would be able to install all of them and just play off the mandatory one disk?

user posted image

I only think that the Multiplayer will have it's own disc.

sanchez4eva

So that's the reason why they're different. Btw biggest game don't have to mean biggest map. Maybe the game will have 200 missions or whatever. We don't know so we've to wait.

Edited by Girish

So that's the reason why they're different. Btw biggest game don't have to mean biggest map. Maybe the game will have 200 missions or whatever. We don't know so we've to wait.

True. Also, LC was city-only. SA and RDR had a lot of landscape, which is nice, but you can't really do stuff there.

iCaramelBird

I know that. But Dan Houser has said it's going to be a "new big map".

Girish has copied this from my text lol. tounge.gif

I know that. But Dan Houser has said it's going to be a "new big map".

I don't think he said the but if you can provide proof I'll believe you.

Prometheus

He didn't copy that from your text.

3lIXKDi.png

He didn't copy that from your text.

Here is my text:

The III-Era was more cartoonish, fun and the citys doesn't look exactly like the original. Since GTA IV the city look like the original. So that's the reason why they're different. Btw biggest game don't have to mean biggest map. Maybe the game will have 200 missions or whatever. We don't know so we've to wait. The problem is we wait since 7 f*cking months. That's a long time. confused.gif

Now look at sanchez4eva's text that was edited by Girish:

So don't talk if you don't know what you talk, sir. tounge.gif

Prometheus

Ahm....nevermind you won't get it.

3lIXKDi.png

Oh, don't start the disc space crap again! The map barely takes up any space compared to audio.

Edited by Isuck100%

or no GTA V for 360... I hope not, everyone deserve to play it

White Flight

I want it to take longer than three minutes to cross the entire map by car... So yeah 100 square miles is a dream, but it might happen.

Prometheus
I want it to take longer than three minutes to cross the entire map by car... So yeah 100 square miles is a dream, but it might happen.

San Andreas could easily take more than 30 minutes, and it was pretty fun. But a different situation in IV.

3lIXKDi.png

iCaramelBird

San Andreas could easily take more than 30 minutes, and it was pretty fun. But a different situation in IV.

It really depends what vehicle you're using. Some cars are faster then others.

White Flight

Well if I use an average car I can easily go from the south of LS to the north of Las Venturas in like 6 minutes or less.

Ahm....nevermind you won't get it.

Ok, then it's good that this was just trolling from you. tounge.gif (joke)

OT: It could be possible that Rockstar make a unbelievable hugh map with a extra long story and what not. Like I said before we know nothing. I hope they say something epic soon.

IM_YOUR_GOD

For some reason I don't think its just Los Santos. I have a strange feeling we might be able to travel to a Hawaiian type island. smile.gif

Edited by IM_YOUR_GOD
user posted image

iCaramelBird
For some reason I don't think its just Los Santos. I have a strange feeling we might be able to travel to a Hawaiian type island. smile.gif

user posted image

l

Hmm...what's that island south west of LA sly.gif