Windows time stops while launching the game

Mr.Moe

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum.

I have the problem that every time i launch gta4 and the game is loading my windows time, so the mainboard clock stops for a few seconds and it doesn't jump back to the correct time. So after some launches my clock loses some minutes which is really annoying. Am I the only one with this problem?

Are you quite sure the displayed time doesn't catch up? How long does the game take to load?

I really don't see any way the game could influence the time in BIOS.

Are you quite sure the displayed time doesn't catch up? How long does the game take to load?

I really don't see any way the game could influence the time in BIOS.

Yes I'm sure, I have the G15 Keyboard and my time is displayed on the lcd and i also check the time with the internet and the difference gets more each start of the game. The game needs about 20 seconds to start, after that the loading intro follows and it works just fine again. I can only recognize this problem with gta4, i dont have it with any other game, but i have the feeling that windows live causes the problem. I tried the xliveless mod and it seems like it's not happening anymore, the game also launches much faster. But i'm also wondering that it can influence the bios as you said. I would appreciate if someone else has this problem otherwise it's a problem of my system. confused.gif

it's interesting what you say , cause i have a G15 , i never noticed clock freezes but i had a similar problem with the audio . each time i launch a big application the radios stops like if there was a kind of conflict/freezing . i updated with Microsoft provided audio drivers and for now it seems to works . i'm going to check if i have the latest G15 drivers

Edited by jpm1