Can this Laptop run the game?

Bhavz255

I know there's ways to see if your laptop can run GTA 4, but I couldn't find any for a laptop you don't have, so I was wondering if this could run GTA IV and how well.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-g...884802-pdt.html

Thanks

Processor AMD Quad-Core A8-3520M (1.6 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache)

RAM 6 GB (1 x 2 GB, 1 x 4 GB)

Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6620G + 7450M Dual GPU

1 GB DDR3 dedicated

Im looking at buying it, I would like a laptop that I could play a few games with, including this and FIFA 12 but it needs to be relatively cheap

dansgas1000

Desktops are better value for money are you sure you don't want a desktop?? Whatever you want tell me your budget and ill see what i can do smile.gif.

It needs to be portable which is the issue with university soon! Budget would be around £600 maximum. Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

dansgas1000

Ok ill see what i can do but there is a gaming PC on ebay for £600-£700 which can max GTAIV and other latest games ill find it although i will see what i can do about the laptop smile.gif.

dansgas1000

This is desktop but its so cheap price for what it is:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-I5-2500-Qu...3#ht_500wt_1287

Buy maybe a 22" monitor aswell for £100 then it would be around £600.

http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/...5b-5056002473a3 << You can run high settings with that. And its an i7! It' a little more than your budget but good deal smile.gif.

Or you could get this: http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/...ed-23aecedee44c

Edited by dansgas1000

That is a good price, i'll defiantly consider it...thanks...desktops do seem to be alot cheaper!?

dansgas1000

Yeah they are for the money. I'd rather get a desktop than a laptop. There even cheaper when you build them your self, you can get all the parts for £700 in total AND be able to max the game smile.gif.

what matters: lowest fps on a heavy scene

why you'll play low-medium:64bit graphics with only slightly more cores than old ATI IGPs..

The APU is irrelevant, it won't be used unless your bios switches to some power saver mode, which will happen and even if it doesn't go to APU it will still lower the clock on the CPU which is where RAGE does most of it's work apposed to other game engines. Quad core will merit you maybe some high settings but it'll hit mid 20s on heavy play probably.

So do you mean I would be able to play it, however on low setting with FPS dropping in heavy scenes?

So do you mean I would be able to play it, however on low setting with FPS dropping in heavy scenes?

I posted numbers for a basic a8-3500m laptop recently, take the battery out when you play and in task manage get threads and cpu% down.

Also watch out for trolls in this forum section, I rarely even look in here.

dansgas1000

I posted numbers for a basic a8-3500m laptop recently, take the battery out when you play and in task manage get threads and cpu% down.

Sorry but are you calling me a troll?

I'm trying to help this guy out.

Laptops are usually two times (give or take) more expensive for same performance then desktop machines. Obviously, if you are on the move, there's no way around getting a laptop.

dansgas1000
Laptops are usually two times (give or take) more expensive for same performance then desktop machines. Obviously, if you are on the move, there's no way around getting a laptop.

Exactly this icon14.gif

Sorry but are you calling me a troll?

I'm trying to help this guy out.

no

how to buy a gaming laptop ignoring financial stuff:

graphics:128bit+,1GB+,9x:1x:1x or better

cpu:quad core or x2 with HT

cooling pad..cooling pad..cooling pad

IMO it's kind of stupid to get a gaming laptop unless you're rich or a 3D artist..

Graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6620G + 7450M Dual GPU

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD...cs.73445.0.html

560 amd shader cores with a quad core cpu? you can definitely run it (i have 3870k). you might be able to run medium with some settings. turn reflections off, shadows to low, etc.

you WILL need to use a memrestrict commandline though, to address the microstutter from the APU using the same memory at the same time... and get a notebook cooler with ACTIVE cooling.