2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Evidence max payne 3 images capture in GTA V

FSFLIGHTproductions

FSFLIGHTproductions

I was looking long and hard at the screen shots from Max Payne 3 ( original posted here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=511473) and I started to analysis the image. I think I have come up with something relatively conclusive let me know what you think.

user posted image

Link to the larger image http://i.imgur.com/ne2SI.jpg

To people saying it was taken in MP3 check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=KgzCiUsMq78 . The runway numbers listed are 33 (pause at 9:30 to see them). They are also not using the standard aviation font for the number and the runway texture is tarmac rather than the lighter Concrete colour seen in the screen shot and the in real life runway 7L/25R and 7R/25L are both concrete.

Also I can be certain the jets based of a learjet 45.

user posted image

Edited by FSFLIGHTproductions

FSFLIGHTproductions

Thanks. I mostly play FSX and am training to be a pilot so I thought I am sure I can work out which runway this is : )

SkylineGTRFreak

You could also say: those planes dont exist in real life and they look similiar to the ones in the trailer^^ but very nice, never noticed the tower in the trailer wink.gif

I am not an expert on Private Jets but those pics could be real world pics and they just put them in MAX PAYNE 3. I mean they used to put real pics all the time in gta games so why not?

Good eye, and very good find. But has R* used the real runway numbers in previous GTAs?

JuventusFC

^I don't think so, usually 69 biggrin.gif

I am not an expert on Private Jets but those pics could be real world pics and they just put them in MAX PAYNE 3. I mean they used to put real pics all the time in gta games so why not?

Do those pictures look real to you? suicidal.gif

^I don't think so, usually 69 biggrin.gif

Do those pictures look real to you? suicidal.gif

Maybe this as that associated to UFO ?

Good eye, and very good find. But has R* used the real runway numbers in previous GTAs?

No. They used 69 for all runways; which would be illogical because it is impossible to have a runway numbered 69 and it's also impossible for opposite ends of a runway to be numbered with the same number since the number on a runway is based on the bearing in the direction the runway is headed, rounded to the nearest integer. Since bearings only go up to 360 (because it's based on degrees from point 0 which would end up making a full circle, and circles only have 360°). Therefore the highest runway number possible is 36. And then of course if there are multiple runways facing the same direction they would also be labeled as R (right), L (left), and/or C (centre). So to have a runway 69 it would mean a circle would have to have more than 690°, which we all know isn't true.

So if R* are going for a realistic approach (pilot joke) then yes, they will use real life runway numbers.

EDIT: Go here if you'd like to know more about how runways are numbered.

Edited by btbwuh

EncryptedReality

Isn't that the runway and the jet Victor Branco leaves with in last sequence of Max Payne 3? I say , it may be in MP3

OW nevermind, it has blue stripes

XTREME0235
No. They used 69 for all runways; which would be illogical because it is impossible to have a runway numbered 69 and it's also impossible for opposite ends of a runway to be numbered with the same number since the number on a runway is based on the bearing in the direction the runway is headed, rounded to the nearest integer. Since bearings only go up to 360 (because it's based on degrees from point 0 which would end up making a full circle, and circles only have 360°). Therfore the highest runway number possible is 36. And then of course if there are multiple runways facing the same direction they would also be labeled as R (right), L (left), and/or C (centre). So to have a runway 69 it would mean a circle would have to have more than 690°, which we all know isn't true.

So if R* are going for a realistic approach (pilot joke) then yes, they will use real life runway numbers.

Coming from an Aviation enthusiast, I favour and agree with this post 100%

All I can say really.

Ispintechno

In order for the airplane pictures to be "real", the subject would have to be a picture also of a "real" plane. Not a modified fictional version with clear differences from the real thing. You know, like how it's always been with GTA games since forever...

I fail to understand why so many people struggle with this mercie_blink.gif

OP: Good sleuthing BTW cookie.gif

Good analysis, I think this is pretty conclusive. smile.gif

EncryptedReality

How can you even be sure it's V?

Runway has similarities with this one [9:06- onward]

The second number on the runway can't be a 5 surely? The tip is pointing to the left, in the manner a 1 would do.

JuventusFC
The second number on the runway can't be a 5 surely? The tip is pointing to the left, in the manner a 1 would do.

you're doing it wrong.

you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, upon another look, I have realised its the bottom half of the 5. My bad.

EncryptedReality

The pic you see may as well have been Max Payne 3 beta versions of the plane/runway texture. It's just somehow too similar to be V

FSFLIGHTproductions

Looking at the video its defiantly not taken in MP3. The runway numbers listed are 33 (pause at 9:30 to see them). They are also not using the standard aviation font for the number and the runway texture is tarmac rather than the lighter Concrete colour seen in the screen shot and the in real life runway 7L/25R and 7R/25L are both concrete.

HOW'S ANNIE?

I was kinda sceptical about these planes actually being from GTA V- but you've now got me set that they are.

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

The__Phoenix

@FSFLIGHTproductions; The picture above is runway 25L at KLAX(LA internacional airport).We know this to be in gta v due to the appeareance of the KLAX tower in the trailer.

You are wrong,your KLAX tower is actually a palmtree.A theory is not valid when you part of an erroneous premise. Anyways, good work. icon14.gif