Wheres this "hype"

Jakee.

thebestgameever

When you go 7 months without any info then hype will pretty much be non non-existent.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=GTA+IV,+GT...date=all&sort=0

I am sorry, but Google Trends is a great way to see this so-called "hype", its nothing compared to previous titles, and check San Andreas out!

That's not accurate because you're making it too complicated. Simply search on "gta" and you see a gradual increase in interest. The GTA V trailer almost scores as high as GTA SA's release!

Google Trends

im not hyped anymore, just annoyed and pissed off at rockstar for being so freaking slow. SHOW THE GAME ALREADY

Magic_AI, thanks.. I was beginning to get slightly worried when I saw this:

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=gta+v,+sai...date=all&sort=0

Now take out the "v" and you see the truth.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=gta,+saint...date=all&sort=0

Search term makes a huge difference. If you say "grand theft auto" then you're seeing a level related to advertising and reviews where the formal name is used more but then you're excluding everyone who says "gta". But "gta" has a higher baseline interest because it's a nickname for the Greater Toronto Area and other things — however the peaks of "gta" interest are the video game.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=grand+thef...date=all&sort=0

im not hyped anymore, just annoyed and pissed off at rockstar for being so freaking slow.user posted image

chuckberry04

hasn't the trailer of GTA V been watched many more times than the one of SA?

It only appears that way because Rockstar pays YouTube for views

YouTube didn't exist when GTA SA was released on PS2.

Another interesting perspective is GTA super fans vs. casual fans. Compare "gta v" with an obscure fact about GTA V like "ned luke" and it gives a hint that very obsessed people like us are just a blip.

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=ned+luke,+...date=all&sort=1

This is interesting too: Ned Luke peaks higher than Young Maylay. This is a good indicator of relative interest between GTA SA and GTA V, especially since Ned Luke isn't even officially confirmed or doing interviews.

GTA Protagonist Interest

Edited by Magic_Al

Some of you seriously need to learn how to wait patiently.

How about no?

And there we are. A response indicative of a "want it now" generation. You're all about instant gratification. And if you can't have what you want right away, you all just simply don't have the capacity to handle a simple little bit of waiting.

You have to learn to chill. All you are doing is making yourselves stressed. cool.gif

Edited by meson1

I am still hyped for GTA 5 but i lost my respect for R*.They are very over confident to not release any information.

How about no?

And there we are. A response indicative of a "want it now" generation. You're all about instant gratification. And if you can't have what you want right away, you all just simply don't have the capacity to handle a simple little bit of waiting.

You have to learn to chill. All you are doing is making yourselves stressed. cool.gif

+1 brotha! If I read another "WE WANT INFOS, BOYCOTT R*" thread.......

How about no?

I'm all for waiting patiently, but there's a BIG difference between waiting 4 months for new info with mentions of it in between and waiting 8 MONTHS without a single shred of information. It was obviously just a marketing ploy of MP3

Lock n' Stock
im not hyped anymore, just annoyed and pissed off at rockstar for being so freaking slow. SHOW THE GAME ALREADY

This.

JuventusFC

you want hype? look at the hype in the youtube comments of the trailer. sh*t is crazy in there.

user posted image

I can wait for as long as it takes. It's amusing to see a lot of people getting worked up about it, even to the point of threatening Rockstar.

Learn to be patient.

You're not getting the whole picture. People don't like roman numerals. Check out this chart:

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=GTA+4,+GTA...date=all&sort=0

As you can see, San Andreas and IV both had their biggest spikes at release, with GTA IV coming in higher. San Andreas had a second spike when the whole Hot Coffee scandal was going on. If you notice, GTA V had a higher spike for its first trailer than GTA IV did around March 2007. So I believe GTA V has the most hype yet, and when we get closer to release, it could surpass GTA IV. And if you could combine searches for "GTA 4" and "GTA IV", it would be even farther ahead than San Andreas.

ThisThatSwag

How about no?

icon14.gif seriously that's all it is right there. Some of these p act like there whole life is grand theft auto. I luhh the serious as much as the next guy but I'm all for waiting. It will come out when it comes out. No need to rush.

When the new trailer was out, i wasnt so hyped up, coz i knew that the release is far away, and tbh i forget about it, until may, when my hype went up, coz i was sure(or at least i was expecting something) they will show something around may-june, but meh.

(bad english- sorry)

not really hyped ever since all those great games were showcased at E3.. especially AC3 and watch dog and the last of us

ThisThatSwag
not really hyped ever since all those great games were showcased at E3.. especially AC3 and watch dog and the last of us

WD blew me away. Pre order for me. And that's a lot to say cause Ive only owned 4 games in the last 8 years. I can see a lot of potential in WD. Very impressive

dirtycopVCPD

I can't wait for the next trailer. So all of these impatient, whining twelve-year-olds will finally stop bellyaching.

As soon as Rockstar even mention Gta V the hype will shoot right back up. So stop complaining.

Gtaghost22

Well, what did you expect? there is no info since november, but when R* release a 2nd trailer it will be the most talked about game in the industry

I can't wait for the next trailer. So all of these impatient, whining twelve-year-olds will finally stop bellyaching.

For what, a week?

Once these kids have consumed a second trailer, everyone will be rambling on for a third, saying how rockstar don't care about their fans because they aren't releasing enough information and saying we should organise a boycott and spamming the newswire.

Magic_AI, thanks.. I was beginning to get slightly worried when I saw this:

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=gta+v,+sai...date=all&sort=0

LOL, just hilarious. I hope V comes out this fall. Apparently its going to come out in October... No information since November? Do you guys remember GTA IV? I believe that the release date was changed a couple times? And we didn't get information for a while at one point.

AtomicPunk

You wanna see dead hype!? Wait 'til after E3 when no GTA info gets showed or even mentioned! R* is at a dangerous place here because they have not only pissed of the little 12yo nooby fan boys, but they are pissing of their hardcore fanbase, and that is not wise my friends. It's almost been 8 months and nothing. Only the same, lame statement shoved in the face when anyone attempts to ask them anything GTA related. R* made it taboo to talk or ask about GTA. I mean, WTF!!??

After showing a trailer, that's just unacceptable on many levels. It would appear that R* used GTA, and it's GTA fanbase, to sell Max Payne In The Ayne. I mean, what is that sh^t. The people who say we need to be patient and calm down; Some of us have been patient and calm but now even we are getting a little restless. It's like rushing around to get to a doctors appointment on time, only to get there and wait 8-9 hours to see the doctor.

No GTA V info at E3 and I see the whole R* fanbase falling apart and R* will never be able to regain that respect. R* will put themselves in the crosshaires of bloodthirsty fans. It's sad. I never expected this.