Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,781 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

cbute

Should I kill Francis or Derrick?

GTAIV2008

I prefer to kill Francis as his trip to the grave is shorter.

maxresdefault.jpg

Femme Fatale

The only reason why I kill Francis is cuz it follows Niko's moral code. It hurts though tbh.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

I played BLOOD BROTHERS just today.

Called Francis, doubled my payment & killed Derrick.

eCola

Neither of them are good people, but I end up killing Francis most of the time.

Piggsy pls

I used to kill Francis cause I thought he was an asshole, but now I kill Derrick, because honestly, both of them are pieces of sh*t, the difference is Derrick is a useless piece of sh*t.

Davao

Firstly, I usually killed Derrick, but however on recent playthroughs I had a lot of sympathy for Derrick so I killed Francis instead. Francis was someone who I never liked really and had no interest at all. Some of his missions were okay, but some of the things Derrick said were funny.

Payne Killer

I killed Derrick, with the way we see Francis he would've got his sooner or later, or he'd put a bullet in his head sitting at his desk. Either way, their both f*cked.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

You're supposed to kill Francis lol. Period. End of story. "Derrick is useless piece of sh*t" lol you sound like a great person yourself... :sarcasm:

Edited by Scaglietti

Piggsy pls

You're supposed to kill Francis lol. Period. End of story. "Derrick is useless piece of sh*t" lol you sound like a great person yourself... :sarcasm:

Thanks. :)

And no, I'm not "supposed" to kill Francis. I'm supposed to kill whoever the f*ck I choose.

And yes, he is a useless piece of sh*t.

Edited by Piggsy pls

Shakermaker

Francis will you give you a lot of money, but he's an asshole. Derrick will give you no money, but he's a "nice" guy to Niko, and since Niko has some distorted sense of "moral" code, he would probably kill Francis.

Edited by Shakermaker

Jeansowaty

You didn't read my essay? How is he useful then? Elaborate please :p

Davao

It might have been easier killing Derrick anyway because he was living a crap life, and was high most of the time. Killing him, might have put him out of misery. Derrick wouldn't have lasted long if you choose him to survive anyway.

Piggsy pls

It might have been easier killing Derrick anyway because he was living a crap life, and was high most of the time. Killing him, might have put him out of misery. Derrick wouldn't have lasted long if you choose him to survive anyway.

In V Packie confirms Derrick died either way anyway, so you're right.

Tao Cheng

Whoever chose chose Francis, then did the Revenge ending is sickening to let an old lady like Ma McReary be alone and rotting to death.

ViceOfLiberty

Cop Killa!

Axl Rose

Derrick is a mess but Francis is a dickhead and can't be trusted.

SonnyNapoli

Well, I'd rather kill Derek.

Look at things this way: you will put old heroin addict ex-terrorist out of his misery and squeeze corrupt cop for money and other benefits, like getting heat off your ass.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

It's a hard decision - kill a drug addled crook or kill the asshole detective who has been using Niko to do his dirty laundry. I kill Francis because after all Niko had done for him he still belittles Niko and says he will put Niko away if he doesn't kill Derrick. Also there's no 2 wanted stars when taking Francis to the grave and shorter drive there plus less enemies. I believe there's two enemy vehicles to get rid of instead of just one.

Whoever chose chose Francis, then did the Revenge ending is sickening to let an old lady like Ma McReary be alone and rotting to death.

But Packie is watching Ma, Packie even calls Niko to take the photo of Gracie because he says he would do it himself but Ma is still upset.

Johnny Spaz

Kill Derrick, he's a snitch and a junkie at least Francis has goals in his life and more ambition

Rockstargames32490

Personally, I picked Derrick to kill. I like how Francis ability to take away 2 stars off your wanted level when you need to!! Great deal if u ask me! He also pays pretty good too. Not sure what Derrick pays for killing Francis tho. Heard it just makes Packie like you better or something??

Jeansowaty

Personally, I picked Derrick to kill. I like how Francis ability to take away 2 stars off your wanted level when you need to!! Great deal if u ask me! He also pays pretty good too. Not sure what Derrick pays for killing Francis tho. Heard it just makes Packie like you better or something??

Nope, killing Derrick gives you... NOTHING. yeah, nothing lol. Absolutely no reason to spare this junkie.

JB1982

Francis for me. He's always threatening and manipulating Niko to do his dirty work (even if he pays). I personally feel that he's the sort of character that would have never let Niko out of his pocket. There'd always be another job for Niko, someone else that Francis needed killing. And one day Niko would have been on that killing list.

Rockstargames32490

Just did this myself today literally 5 minutes ago--Actually decided to change my mind on this one. Flipped a coin and landed on tails--So tails means kill Francis. I know Derrick doesn't pay but there's always money to be made so I'm not 100% worried about it.

Darealbandicoot

At first I killed Derrick because I heard that he takes away your wanted level(Only works until the final mission and only once a day) but then I went back and killed Francis (after asking for a raise first of course) and that's how I usually do the mission unless Im doing a bad choice play through.

Luke Ferris

Francis was an absolute swine, but Derrick had a past as a terrorist (along with Aiden and Bucky). I have always eliminated Derrick.

Official General

I always kill Francis, because it makes more sense to Niko's story. Kill the corrupt cop who can always blackmail you into doing jobs for him, now he's dead, he can bother you no more.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

No, Francis was a good corrupt cop. He asked for nothing more after Derrick was killed. Instead, he lent a helping hand to Niko.

Official General

No, Francis was a good corrupt cop. He asked for nothing more after Derrick was killed. Instead, he lent a helping hand to Niko.

Nah but in a roleplay state of mind, what if Francis later down the line continues to bully or blackmail Niko into doing his dirty work, threatening to expose his criminal history and illegal immigrant status ? Good corrupt cop or not, I see it fit for Niko to get rid of him all the time. Once Francis is gone, Niko dosen't have to worry about any future threats from him.

Edited by Official General

Algonquin Assassin

They're both scum bags when you really think about it which IMO makes this choice the least black or white of them all. On the surface Francis appears to be the worst, but Derrick's just a junkie that turned informant and was the one who got Aiden thrown in prison. Snitches are bitches in my book and can't be trusted.

Sure Francis is a bit of a dickhead, but he has his uses as he offers a bribe. I don't see him as a future threat when Niko has the UL Paper Contact in his back pocket and Francis probably has no balls to mess with him anymore.

Anyway Derrick offers nothing so I choose him the majority of the time.

BLADE_San_Andreas

I killed derrick... Francis gives you a cool reward but 80% times he wont answer the phone. Also in blood brothers you can call francis and he will say do you want a bonus or some sh*t if you say yes he will give you 20000$ instead of 10000$

Edited by BLADE_San_Andreas