Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,209 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

shinsta312

Watch Dogs

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

2. 2. How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

Homemade Dynamite

Those pictures were probably from the PC/Next Gen versions that will inevitably be released.

Lil ski

So what's happening with this game? Any news or what?

GTA-Freak-iX

They shouldn't have delayed it. Y U DO DIS OOBEESOFT!

AceRay

Honestly, I respect them for delaying it and deciding to make a better game, I'd much rather prefer a good game later than a rushed game later, at least they're trying their best with this game.

GTA-Freak-iX

Honestly, I respect them for delaying it and deciding to make a better game, I'd much rather prefer a good game later than a rushed game later, at least they're trying their best with this game.

I really wanted to see how it'd look like since it got a massive downgrade after the E3 presentation last year but I agree, delaying something for quality is much better than releasing a broken one *cough* BF4

Vercetti42

wQuhRbq.png

PlainGold

wQuhRbq.png

Will change once they announce the release date.

Hardcore Savage

I think they delayed for 2 reasons...

1. Give Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag some breathing room...

2. GTA Online going strong...

Every game can use more improvement time. Some more than others *cough*GTA V*cough*. Unlike Rockstar, Ubisoft might be using their delay time to improve the game rather than cut sh*t out...

Vercetti42

Ubisoft and Rockstar are both the masters of bullshots but their games are still very good in my opinion.

Edited by AceKingston

Albert Kike

I just found something interesting while looking through the Catalyst control panel.

WORd6J.png

This is from the latest/official WHQL 13.12 driver. These were the same profiles that were found inside the beta drivers a couple months back -- the ones that were removed (after WD's was delayed) also along with the GTA5.exe profile, shortly thereafter.

Well, the Watch Dogs profile is back, in the open, and in the official WHQL driver. So this pretty much suggests that a Watch Dogs release might be on the horizon soon, as the dev teams don't send them out to the GPU teams for optimization/creation of profiles until the game is finished or nearing a release date.

Edited by Albert Kike

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Honestly, couldn't care less how much they've spent on it as long as they've put the quality and time into it. It's going to be UTTER CRAP on the PS3/360. But next gen on the other hand....

Anywho, I'm not having high expectations with this game tbh.

esmittystud101

I keep forgetting I bought and paid for this game in July I think. I could use that $60, but oh well.

JBanton

I keep forgetting I bought and paid for this game in July I think. I could use that $60, but oh well.

Heh, that reminds me that once upon a time I too pre-ordered.

GTA-Freak-iX

When will the release date be announced? Clocks ticking...

JBanton

Somewhere closer to autumn would be my guess.

Changing the subject, does anybody have a clue what AR15/ M16-based sniper rifle this is;

Modern_Sniper_Rifle-WatchDogs.jpg

?

Frank Brown

Somewhere closer to autumn would be my guess.

Changing the subject, does anybody have a clue what AR15/ M16-based sniper rifle this is;

Modern_Sniper_Rifle-WatchDogs.jpg

?

The quality of the picture makes it pretty hard to tell, but maybe an AK-103? It doesn't look like it's based on an M16/AR-15.

AK-103_Assault_Rifle.JPG

Edited by Vlynor

Pat

Definitely a Soviet design. It's hard to tell with the lighting but based on the magazine and the stock I'm guessing it's an SVDK with a shorter barrel.

Edited by Pat

Frank Brown

Definitely a Kalashnikov design. It's hard to tell with the lighting but based on the barrel and the stock I'm guessing it's an SVDS.

Yeah, you're probably right. The photo tag designates that it's a "Modern Sniper Rifle".

Pat

I don't know, the whole thing leaves me feeling conflicted. It definitely isn't the original SVD because it claims to be "modern," but I don't think it's an SVDK because the barrel is almost half the length. I would say it's an SVDS with the SVDK's magazine, but the SVDS is from the early 90s, so it's hardly "modern" as well.

Maybe it's just a mishmash of all three to avoid copyright issues, although I seem to remember them using copyrighted names for firearms in their most recent gameplay demo.

Frank Brown

I don't know, the whole thing leaves me feeling conflicted. It definitely isn't the original SVD because it claims to be "modern," but I don't think it's an SVDK because the barrel is almost half the length. I would say it's an SVDS with the SVDK's magazine, but the SVDS is from the early 90s, so it's hardly "modern" as well.

Maybe it's just a mishmash of all three to avoid copyright issues, although I seem to remember them using copyrighted names for firearms in their most recent gameplay demo.

They do, so them modifying anything just to pass copyright is out of the question.

Wdak.jpg

It just looks really similar to a plain ol' AK with a scope on it.

Shane_Dbns

I'm excited for this game on next gen. Heard you can complete 95% of the missions using stealth which is a plus plus for me because I love stealth. Hopefully its combines the best of far Cry 3's stealth and assassins creeds stealth

Edited by Lil Jacob 27

LiangHuBBB

getting a ps4 the day this game gets released

JBanton

They do, so them modifying anything just to pass copyright is out of the question.

<snip>

It just looks really similar to a plain ol' AK with a scope on it.

I don't know, that buttstock and 10-round magazine don't seem to add up to a kalashnikov IMO. Maybe it could be a re-styled Druganov? (Shorter barrel, new butt-stock and pistol grip design).

Or it could possibly be an SVU, but re-styled so that the magazine is in front of the pistol grip? It's so confusing :/

Edited by JBanton

Pat

I think I'm going to settle on SVDS with the SVDK's magazine. It's definitely an SVD variant, it's just difficult telling which one from that picture.

CantThinkOfOne2013

Has anyone gotten any information on whether or not there will be gameplay differences between the 7th and 8th gen versions of the game, or will it be just graphical, if it is only graphical, I do not care which version of the game I get, gameplay is top priority for me.

I am in on rush to go next gen (in fact, I will be buying a new PS3 before I buy a PS4) so I really need to know. Watch Dogs is my most anticipated game of 2014, it is a shame that it is going to be the most underrated game of 2014.

Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013

Pat

I would expect a higher framerate on the next gen versions as well as higher pedestrian and traffic densities.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Next gen is just going to be better in every way. It's an open world game, it is really important to develop a better version of the game for the next gen. It will please both audiences as well. PS3/360 users don't care much about the graphics and whatnot and just want to play the game whereas people with next gen have their bodies ready for magical graphics and masterful gameplay.