Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,593 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

shinsta312

Watch Dogs

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

2. 2. How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

Eagles
and I wouldn't call it a good movie; it's just less bad than Silent Hill

What? That film wasn't excellent or anything but its easily far far better any other video game films, as it actually transferred the SH from the games to the screen pretty well. Tekken 2010 was also pretty decent imo.

I personally didn't like it. The way they tried to explain the story was terrible and the acting was very bad. And I didn't watch Tekken yet.

It's much harder to make a good film based on a game than make a good game based on a movie.

M_Roc

Looks cool different.. Definitely getting it with PS4

UtricularEwe001
jetjatin
I wonder what PC mods will be for Watch Dogs

Here's what Dominic Guay said about mods for watch dogs.

One of the reasons GTA IV had such longevity on PC is the unsupported modding community. Will the Disrupt engine be at all moddable?

Not officially. I mean, we’re not shipping with tools to mod the game in itself. I’m sure some crafty people might figure some things out, but no, it’s not something that we’re going for. We’re a new IP, first iteration, so we have to pick our battles. So, we’re not going to ship with a modding toolset.

Full article http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/21/watch-do...enior-producer/

Ferocious Banger

Jizz!

The driving honestly doesn't look close to as bad as people are claiming it to be.

Edited by Ferocious Banger

Ferocious Banger

No love for WD? New trailer is up here^, guys.

RoadRunner71

Hasn't the texture quality been downgraded from the first trailers and gameplay? or it is because of the system is being used?

Finite

A new gameplay video series. It reminds me of how Rockstar did their gameplay videos (female voice over, actual gameplay and edited gameplay with different camera angles etc).

- Wheatley

GunWrath

If Tom Cruise plays Aiden with the same attitude as he did with Jack Reacher, I'm down for the film.

Ferocious Banger

GameCentral describes WD in a way after the hands-on demo:

The details:

Not in an overtly showy way perhaps, but the level of detail in its open world recreation of Chicago is at times staggering. From the wind gently blowing rubbish across the street to the hordes of ordinary people going about their business this feels more like a living, functioning city than any other game before it.

The size

Along the way we get a chance to marvel at the sheer size of the city. We’ve never been, so we’ve no idea how accurate it is, but the game gives a convincing impression of a real place, as the shabby outskirts we start in give way to a connecting motorway and then more salubrious buildings of ever-increasing size.

The handling of cars and gunplay:

In fact the vehicle handling and gunplay are both excellent, and miles ahead of anything Rockstar has been able to manage so far.

Source

jetjatin

^ That means both Driving and shooting is really good then. Can't wait to play this game now.

AceHigh11

Is there gameplay/screens of Watch_Dogs played on current gen? Comparisons between current and next-gen maybe? I'm gonna get the game for PS3 more than likely.

Edit: can't find anything myself, only the developers talking about the differences like here

Edited by AceHigh11

MadMugen

I can't wait for this game!

fridaynightscream

I'm happy to see that there are people on GTA Forums who want to play this game, over on the GTA V forums it's nothing but hate for this game. If you look at the Screenshot Fun topic you'll see pics of the characters shooting the cover to this game. I thought I was the only one here who was looking forward to it! biggrin.gif I am looking forward to GTA V more of course, but Watch Dogs does look awesome.

TonyStark

Yeah i've noticed the hate for Watch Dogs in the V forum too. But what do you expect, it's full of 12 year olds that can't appreciate any other games.

Watch Dogs looks amazing.

PS4 + Watch Dogs:

user posted image

Marabunta Grande
Yeah i've noticed the hate for Watch Dogs in the V forum too. But what do you expect, it's full of 12 year olds that can't appreciate any other games.

PS4 + Watch Dogs:

user posted image

They've even reported my topic w/c praised W_D.

The point of that topic was to criticize Rockstar and further improve GTA V...fanboys nowadays.

DarrinPA

RIght now, this is the only game that's making me want a PS4. Maybe it's because I don't know of any other games being released for the PS4. I'll probably go with the PS3 version though.

The__Phoenix

PC+ Watch Dogs:

user posted image

Fixed.

We are getting hands-on with the PS4 to play several games, including Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4. Both are running at fluent 60 FPS and of course look better than their PS3 and Xbox 360 pendants - but not as fancy and detailed as the respective PC Versions.

#PCMASTERRACE. We win, again.

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/konsolen/s...,3027122,2.html

Ferocious Banger

I like how Ubi has significantly improved the handling. It's supposedly right in between simulation and arcade controls. Someone was talking about the apparent lack of suspension..I guess a few want IV-like suspension system ( which was exaggerated ). Well, you can see it working here:

user posted image

iNero

PC+ Watch Dogs:

user posted image

Fixed.

We are getting hands-on with the PS4 to play several games, including Watch Dogs and Battlefield 4. Both are running at fluent 60 FPS and of course look better than their PS3 and Xbox 360 pendants - but not as fancy and detailed as the respective PC Versions.

#PCMASTERRACE. We win, again.

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/konsolen/s...,3027122,2.html

how do you win when the PC version still is hugely downgraded from the Original Reveal?

DarrinPA
I like how Ubi has significantly improved the handling. It's supposedly right in between simulation and arcade controls. Someone was talking about the apparent lack of suspension..I guess a few want IV-like suspension system ( which was exaggerated ). Well, you can see it working here:

Ugh, I hope it's not like IV's handling. sad.gif

Ferocious Banger

It is closer to Driver San Franciso's physics and handing.

DarrinPA

SWEET!!! These are both made by Ubisoft right? So it makes sense. I liked the mix or realism with fun. It made even the slow large cars fun to drive.

bluetops

Wait, wait, wait. Any news on WD? I missed a lot I think. What's with the driving?

FranklinDeRoosevelt

That's terrible for an open world game like Watch Dogs confused.gif

The__Phoenix

The main character in Watch Dogs isn't exactly a nice guy according to senior producer Dominic Guay.

He explains how Aiden Pearce is similar to Dexter and Walter White from Breaking Bad.

Yup, originality win. Nerd...

ZeeKid2k10

Watch Dogs First Impression (Very Surprised)

Ferocious Banger

Countryside confirmed.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

PS4 + Watch Dogs:

user posted image

They've even reported my topic w/c praised W_D.

The point of that topic was to criticize Rockstar and further improve GTA V...fanboys nowadays.

Improve ? I don't see where they can improve anymore. GTA V will be a f*cking good game. Rockstar spent 5 years doing that so I expect good sh*t coming from them. WD will be good too. But I don't think you should go on the V section and talk about the game. It's the wrong place. Unless ur trolling.

Marabunta Grande
Unless ur trolling.

I used to troll. But, that was years ago...

That might have been the reason they got really pissed off.

What I really meant was a few optimizations here and there could help.

Also, GTA V's is 5x better than W_D graphics on current gen. suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif