1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

shinsta312

Watch Dogs

On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?  

517 members have voted

1. 1. On which platform are you gonna buy Watch_Dogs?

2. 2. How would you rate Watch_Dogs?

Ferocious Banger
So Jonathan Morin was talking about the re-usage of MP3's shooting mechanics[in GTAV]. The guy who linked that video to him asked them to share the tech.

He said that "[..]sharing is a must..."

I, knowing that they haven't collaborated with R*, asked Jonathan Morin this: "Have you guys teamed up with R*?! "

He replied with this: wink.gif

--

It's next to impossible for them to collaborate with R* are the moment, but this is some food for rumors.

What does that mean?

Two things:

1) They actually collaborated with Rockstar.

2) Morrin's trying to be fan-friendly.

The latter is the most likely though.

josephene123

Found this:

Hope that's not supposed to be next gen footage, but then, why would they try to show off current gen?

Edited by josephene123

iNero

Thats Ubisoft for ya. Downgrade after every showcase

BullworthAcademy
why would they try to show off current gen?

Because there's people such as myself who aren't getting a next gen console?

josephene123

It's the only reason I can see, but any sensible company would want to show the best version of their product at all times. Why would they bother to show a downgraded version, it's not going to attract more customers, whilst a version with better graphics WILL attract customers because it has more potential to 'amaze' or whatever you want to call it

BullworthAcademy

It's the only reason I can see, but any sensible company would want to show the best version of their product at all times. Why would they bother to show a downgraded version, it's not going to attract more customers, whilst a version with better graphics WILL attract customers because it has more potential to 'amaze' or whatever you want to call it

They want to show the difference between both, I guess.

Ferocious Banger

Then why is there a 1080p option?

sublimelabs

Then why is there a 1080p option?

Possibly WiiU footage? I dunno.

iNero

Ubisoft actually never shows inferior versions. Unless its like a Vita Version ornso.

DeeperRed

There is no way thats next gen, if so then f*cking l-o-l. Looks f*cking sh*t, can't wait for this gen to end

iNero

there you go;

BullworthAcademy
Found this:

Hope that's not supposed to be next gen footage, but then, why would they try to show off current gen?

Fixed.

Darth Yokel
Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZahmJIhE90

It probably isn't next-gen footage. The game is coming out on current-gen consoles, after all. They need to show off some current gen gameplay because if people buy the game on the PS3 or Xbox 360 and expect the next-gen graphics, they will be very upset.

DeeperRed
Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZahmJIhE90

It probably isn't next-gen footage. The game is coming out on current-gen consoles, after all. They need to show off some current gen gameplay because if people buy the game on the PS3 or Xbox 360 and expect the next-gen graphics, they will be very upset.

They'd also be f*cking stupid.

iNero

Accolades Trailer

it was leaked on a site and I managed to get it out of the cache before it was down again:

Edited by iNero

sublimelabs

Gah, removed. Is this a trailer similar to the 'Out of Control' one?

iNero
Gah, removed. Is this a trailer similar to the 'Out of Control' one?

no. I still got it on my HDD. had to remove it cause they blocked it.

it actually was the next gen version with some known scenes and some new ones with cars.

was pretty good

BullworthAcademy

Yesterday, a brand new video for Watch Dogs was unveiled, showing off Aisha Tyler getting hit by a truck. Unfortunately, the short clip looked pretty bad in the visuals department and was a far cry from previous footage for the November release.

To clear up any confusion regarding what was released yesterday, Jonathan Morin, Creative Director on Watch Dogs, took to his Twitter account and said, “I see the game every day and I can tell you, this trailer is far from it.” When asked if this trailer was based off the current generation version, he replied, “Current gen is better than that.”

He then explained how it was published in that state:

“You know sometimes 100s of people working together causes communications issues lets just say that  .”

“Its simply someone who don’t know the tech who check the wrong stuff.”

Jonathan added that the situation “was indeed hilarious in its own way I guess” and when someone referenced the spotty performance during Jimmy Fallon, he said, “[an] unfinished game remains unfinished. But we still want to show the real thing each time. It must be real.” As for console specific versions of the game, the PS4 version is “millions of miles away” from the now infamous video, while the Wii U version “should be fine” when it comes to outperforming PS3/Xbox 360.

josephene123
Yesterday, a brand new video for Watch Dogs was unveiled, showing off Aisha Tyler getting hit by a truck. Unfortunately, the short clip looked pretty bad in the visuals department and was a far cry from previous footage for the November release.

To clear up any confusion regarding what was released yesterday, Jonathan Morin, Creative Director on Watch Dogs, took to his Twitter account and said, “I see the game every day and I can tell you, this trailer is far from it.” When asked if this trailer was based off the current generation version, he replied, “Current gen is better than that.”

“You know sometimes 100s of people working together causes communications issues lets just say that  .”

Jonathan added that the situation “was indeed hilarious in its own way I guess” and when someone referenced the spotty performance during Jimmy Fallon, he said, “[an] unfinished game remains unfinished. But we still want to show the real thing each time. It must be real.” As for console specific versions of the game, the PS4 version is “millions of miles away” from the now infamous video, while the Wii U version “should be fine” when it comes to outperforming PS3/Xbox 360.

How the hell can communication issues lead to a version of the game which apparently doesn't even exist being published and touted as a trailer on youtube..

sublimelabs

How the hell can communication issues lead to a version of the game which apparently doesn't even exist being published and touted as a trailer on youtube..

The tools they're using to make the trailers. No idea what was going through their heads to let the game look that stripped down, though. Should have gotten Aisha's tallness correct at least. tounge.gif

countrymike84

New trailer for Watch_Dogs showing the current gen footage and not only countryside but mountains are confirmed for this game. You can see this in the trailer.

Watch _Dogs

Ferocious Banger

New trailer for Watch_Dogs showing the current gen footage and not only countryside but mountains are confirmed for this game. You can see this in the trailer.

Watch _Dogs

Wow! wow.gif

Countryside confirmed, people! panic.gif That looked like forest trials.

Also, the driving looked on par with that of GTAV's.

By the way, FP-driving mode confirmed?!

Edited by Ferocious Banger

sublimelabs

Watch _Dogs

Next-gen footage. The video quality is terrible though so we can't appreciate the details.

YukiEiri

Well, I have not played a game that uses Havok and would have even decent driving feel (SR2, 3, JustCause 2, LANoire).

So personally I doubt that driving would be enjoyable..

Otherwise, nothing in that trailer that would make me want it either.

One trick pony "hacking" just like AC series with the "parkour".. wink.gif

Ferocious Banger

Well, I have not played a game that uses Havok and would have even decent driving feel (SR2, 3, JustCause 2, LANoire).

So personally I doubt that driving would be enjoyable..

Otherwise, nothing in that trailer that would make me want it either.

One trick pony "hacking" just like AC series with the "parkour".. wink.gif

I don't think it's using Havok; it's their own engine and they've said that they wanted to balance simulation and arcade with driving.

Other than that, the attention to detail, AI, the wind/water simulation, intriguing storyline, hacking etc, etc, don't interest you?

josephene123

It just looks like it lacks fun. I think one of the things they should do is show what it's like to just mess around in the world GTA style, if that aspect of the game is similar to GTA's, they need to embrace it, because that's a good thing. And I don't mean those 'Save a woman from the knife wielding man around the corner' type mini missions, because they look boring as hell, I mean they need to show off the mechanics and physics more, show what REAL crashes are like, show what bullet impacts are like, show what it's like to go on a semi mindless rampage. I know that Aiden being a kind of vigilante makes this a strange fit, but most people don't WANT to be a vigilante and help one civilian after another (it works in AC because of the setting being interesting enough to make you want to play on and explore), they need to show the opposite side.

I usually can't see myself being bored in the game after Ubisoft trailers because they're such experts at making things look better than they are, but here I just don't know if they're hitting the right notes AFTER the original E3 conference

Also, does the hand to hand combat bother anyone else? Seems like the same animation over and over, they should make that more dynamic imo

Ferocious Banger

You can do what you do in a GTA, for there is a 'Good guy/bad guy' bar ala RDR.

Edit: Yes. We haven't even seen melee combat properly. Is it even there?

Raavi

The game on PS3 looks absolutely horrible. It's an abomination.

Ferocious Banger
The game on PS3 looks absolutely horrible. It's an abomination.

That is definitely how it won't look on PS3, according to Jonathan Morrin. It was simply not intended to be uploaded.