Fitting in

GroveStRoamer

GroveStRoamer

Now sometimes we all like to act like pedestrians Admit it! We try to find ways to look like police officers or go about the city like the peds do. What kind of elements would be cool for fitting in with society?

ie: Maybe a police uniform

Option to fix your car like peds

TURNING SIGNALS

Being able to sit down at a bench or resturaunt chairs

Reading a newspaper like in La Noire

Getting arrested and have First person view from the back of the Police car

Any other Ideas?

G1T

Do you mean like being so bored on single player you act as such playing it? Or Do you mean in a multi player game where it's like that stupid Habbo Hotel crap?

fV9tG4b.gif

GroveStRoamer
Do you mean like being so bored on single player you act as such playing it? Or Do you mean in a multi player game where it's like that stupid Habbo Hotel crap?

Nope. Single player. For the Straight up home nerds like me

G1T

yeah, yeah. i admit it. i always try to drive around town with my super gt but end up bringing it back to my apartment because i was afraid something would happen to it. lol.

but anyways, being able to sit and stuff like would be cool smile.gif

Edited by B1T8

ThisThatSwag
I want to role play as a potato.

I don't get this sh*t..? I see it all the time.

GroveStRoamer

I don't get this sh*t..? I see it all the time.

Yeah man What does a potato have to do with anything? and its people like this guy that spams topics into hell and makes them get locked.

Anyways A cop uniform and sitting down is all I need.

G1T

Mokrie Dela

Sit down, open up inventory and open a can of soda/beer. Then a cigarette

Then to stand up, cigarette still in hand unless thrown, walk down street smoking. Then get a gun out, still smoking. Shoot someone, cigarette in hand. Thrown cigerette in body.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

GroveStRoamer

Then to stand up, cigarette still in hand unless thrown, walk down street smoking. Then get a gun out, still smoking. Shoot someone, cigarette in hand. Thrown cigerette in body.

icon14.gif exactly

G1T

I just hope the peds act more like peds.

I tried acting like them, I decided to follow a ped and keep to their way of life, well the third time of crossing the same road going in a square around a crossroads bored me and I shot my leader.

I really hope we can change our clothes. I mean with a lot more variety. IV had very little clothes. SA's selection was good but this is V we need many times better! I also want uniforms so we can sneak into places or spy...maybe police/soldier etc.

mejiadanny208

You should also be able to shave and to exchange insurance for every crash and have to do taxes. Iwould also appreciate clipping my nails.

Come on get real people with your dumb ideas. Keep it simple.gta sanandreas for life.

DemonBlitzKragor

I'd love to be able to be a cop. Working as one, if possible.

Bullet.

uptownrockstar

Its so funny how people hate others opinions on a FORUM, if it doesn't pertain to, or interest you; find a topic that does(or a site that does)!

I always act like peds in gta. be it going to the car dealer in "manhattan" and acting like i work there, Or acting like I'm just having a regular day.

THIS IS THE TRUE PLOY OF OPEN WORLD GAMES. Its open to interpretation and imagination. just check my sig for my dream game icon14.gif

ThisThatSwag

Aw yeah. Pure bliss right there. All as your playing with ciggerette in hand. I loved knocking into smokers picking up there cigs and throwing them at police officers.

grope_4_that_date

I really wish Rockstar would let us pick our skins, not for storymode, but just as a cheat. Playing as a pedestrian adds hours and hours of gameplay. It's just another toy in the sandbox.

Fireboyd78
I really wish Rockstar would let us pick our skins, not for storymode, but just as a cheat. Playing as a pedestrian adds hours and hours of gameplay. It's just another toy in the sandbox.

What he said! I remember Vice City had that feature, I never understood why they removed it from there on out...the closest thing I've gotten to that is using SNT for GTA IV, lol. icon14.gif

JamesBuxton

Newspapers - they were in Red Dead (although it was only one page), so maybe they would be in V too.

Sitting down - Its so simple, you can do this in Sims ffs, I imagine 2012 RAGE will just about have the capacity to allow us to sit on a bench.

Twitter - @JamesB__

Newspapers - they were in Red Dead (although it was only one page), so maybe they would be in V too.

Sitting down - Its so simple, you can do this in Sims ffs, I imagine 2012 RAGE will just about have the capacity to allow us to sit on a bench.

Lol, i've wanted this since I first played Vice City.

It's such a simple thing aswell.

I just hope the peds act more like peds.

I tried acting like them, I decided to follow a ped and keep to their way of life, well the third time of crossing the same road going in a square around a crossroads bored me and I shot my leader.

icon14.gif Haha, yep, when I get tired of driving around like a maniac and/or creating 4-star police chases to escape from, I sometimes have tried being a pedestrian and just walking with the flow, and following a ped to see what kind of roaming program they have.

After a while, though, it's just too much temptation and I have to either shoot them or beat them - GTA made me do it.... tounge2.gif

El Oso Blanco

Stuff like this actually could be useful. For instance, some of those missions where we have to wait until a certain time to begin playing them. If we're 10 (in game) minutes early, sitting on a bench watching the peds pass by would add so much atmosphere.

Newspapers don't really make sense for GTA since they already utilize the radio and internet to provide information. In Red Dead. they existed to supplement those popular mechanics from GTA. In LA Noire, they only exists as part of the stealth mechanic.

I'd like sitting to be incorporated as a quick-save mechanic similar to the camps in RDR. You would approach a bench or bar stool, and be given the option to sit and potentially save your game. It would provide the immersion that some people enjoy while also giving players an additional save option.

Halo_Override

That could be useful for assassination missions. You hide in the kitchen of your target's favorite restaurant on a night in which they have a reservation. They order a steak, you hide on the plate beside it, and once it's delivered to the table, POW, you jump up and take care of business. Then you eat their steak.

black people

i like to drive slow and follow the traffic laws, but the AI drivers in GTA:IV treat you differently than the other drivers. they also constantly honk at you, regardless of the light being red.

MrDFlipside

I was playing L.A Noire the other day and I realised that you can sit down on any bench, or at a stool at the diner etc. Maybe that will find it's way into GTA...

Sorryunlucky

I believe putting indicators (turn signals) on a GTA game will just take up controller buttons.

As for acting as a ped, I like to steal a NRG, then ride around law abiding, then hit the free-way (on the third island) and just go as fast as I can. Kind of gets boring on the bends.

Hope GTA V has some long flat roads, without junctions so cars don't come out when you're topping out your favourite car / motorbike. smile.gif

I was playing L.A Noire the other day and I realised that you can sit down on any bench, or at a stool at the diner etc. Maybe that will find it's way into GTA...

Didn't know that. I hope it makes its way over. Looting too (rather than floating stacks) like in RDR. I'd love to be able to sit on benches and whatnot. Maybe lean against nearby surfaces when not moving for a while. Turn signals would be fun, along with the ability to open and close convertibles (which seems likely after the trailer) though I can see how they might take up unnecessary room on controllers. Maybe an in-car options wheel-similar to the weapons wheel from RDR and MP3-could work. So convertible could be top option, signals could be left and right options, etc. For me, these details enhance the game in important ways for an open world franchise.

Radoonhagaydoon
I believe putting indicators (turn signals) on a GTA game will just take up controller buttons.

As for acting as a ped, I like to steal a NRG, then ride around law abiding, then hit the free-way (on the third island) and just go as fast as I can. Kind of gets boring on the bends.

Hope GTA V has some long flat roads, without junctions so cars don't come out when you're topping out your favourite car / motorbike. smile.gif

It's because LC was based on New York City / New Jersey

since we're back in Los Santos / SoCal / San Andreas and sh*t

they will probably be flat roads in the countryside i hope there is too

A police uniform so I can actually be a cop while using the police computor to get calls, turning signals would be nice somewhat like the way that Test Drive Unlimited 2 has them but with hazard lights added. Uh, might think of more stuff.

Pilotmonkey

iN AC you could sit onbenches,blend in with the crowd